LT1 Trans Am vs. Supra vs. Jetta vs. 90 legacy fwd 5spd(me)

Autocross, Rallycross, ProRally, Drag, WRC, F1 etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

twentz90
In Neutral

LT1 Trans Am vs. Supra vs. Jetta vs. 90 legacy fwd 5spd(me)

Post by twentz90 »

I'm in the DD soobie and looking to play. I come to a stop light leaving town and this car with projectors comes up behind me. It looks like a Supra so when the light turns I move out slow to keep him on my bumper. I nail it in 1st, pull 2 cars and get in the passenger lane. When he blows by me I realize it's a Jetta (it's a night). He's got the full import decal set and folgers fart can so I thought it might be fun to walk him in my stock Legacy. I jump beside him a couple times and look over at him but I get nothing. Apparently my car isn't imported enough to race him. Here's where it gets good. He suddenly takes off to catch a Trans Am in front of us. They line up and race. The trans am takes him by maybe a car. I thought that was weak, so at the next light I trump the Jetta and line up beside the Trans Am. I look over and rev twice to let him know I'm game. Light turns and I pull about three cars on him. Well, he must have been sleeping because I didn't jump the light. He reeled me in pretty quick also. I think all of this is hilarious because my car has over 260k miles on it. We travel about 2 miles on down the road and neither car will so much as get beside me. Guess the statement is true...90%driver 10% car. Chalk one up for the soobie.
:-D
SemperGuard
Second Gear

Post by SemperGuard »

That was the coolest thing I've ever read.
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

you lie. there was no supra.
1992 T-Leg = 195whp 197wtq SOLD :(
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
twentz90
In Neutral

Post by twentz90 »

yea well I thought it was at first. It was night time like I said and the Jetta had aftermarket projector lights
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

but you even included supra in your thread title. Shame on you.

I like to screw with FWD's in the rain, because the AWD will spank them good n' plenty. Its funny to see them brake their tires loose when the light turns green trying to get the jump.
1992 T-Leg = 195whp 197wtq SOLD :(
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
twentz90
In Neutral

Post by twentz90 »

yea it works better when it's not raining as well :smt045

DD race update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soobie's bubble got bursted last night. I ran a SI Hatch Civic at a stoplight in town. I jumped atleast 1/2 a car but when I hit 2nd with my slipping clutch he was already coming around me. By the time he got a fender on me I just gave up...gotta get a clutch...and a rebuild
:smt022