FS in CO: 2003 H6 Legacy part-out

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
kingbobdole
First Gear

FS in CO: 2003 H6 Legacy part-out

Post by kingbobdole »

Hello all... I'm selling parts off of this car.
I have pulled everything that is going to get pulled/worth pulling, so this is a very rough list of what I'll have for sale... I'll get more pics later/when needed. PRICES ARE OBO!! Engine, ECU, most wiring, and the seats are not for sale... sorry... ALL PARTS HAVE 75K MILES
-Automatic transmission with torque converter $1500
(shown draining)

-Steering wheel with air bag $150(might keep this)
-Dash cluster $75

STEREO SOLD!
-Automatic temp control panel $60
-On star Junk... panel and modem-thingy $60

-Front suspension: Struts, hubs, brakes, lower arms... will need rotors, one is broken $300

-Rear struts $100

-Rear brake hubs, rotors calipers and pads $200 "H6" 290mm rotor size and an upgrade for most impreza

-Rear Diff Christophe says it's a 4.44 LSD rear... Thanks! $300

-CV Axles $50 each front axles fit GC and 02-07 impreza

-Driveshaft $75

-Brake master cylinder and booster $150 should be the same as 02-05 wrx/impreza

-Heater and chiller boxes... PITA to get at... $100 for both evaporator included... $30 for the heater core (core on radiator.. rad no good)

-"wood" grain dash trim... center console and shift linkage also available

2 good wheels
Good wheels are $50 each and can come with tires. Tires are goodyear Assurance with about 5/32 left on them.

probably missed some parts... Ask, I might have it.
Thanks for looking
Last edited by kingbobdole on Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
89 XT6 EZ30 powered
87 D/R Wagon w/ legacy seats :P
Aerotech
Fourth Gear

Post by Aerotech »

PM sent.
Jerry

'04 Passat GLS 4Motion 5MT (Subaru by VW)
'86 Vanagon Syncro Camper Garage Queen
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

I really wish I knew for sure if that McIntosh deck would plug right in to my car.
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
kingbobdole
First Gear

Post by kingbobdole »

DLC wrote:I really wish I knew for sure if that McIntosh deck would plug right in to my car.
It is very nice... I don't have the full wiring for it, but I do have the pigtails. to both it and the amp... I did get the entire coaxial cable tho.
EDIT: Aerotech has staked a claim on the stereo.
89 XT6 EZ30 powered
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

Are you sure the rear diff is 4.44? I saw a 2001 H6 that had a 4.11 rear end, but that could have been part of the changes for 2003.

Not trying to start trouble, I'm just wondering.
90 L+ wgn
kingbobdole
First Gear

Post by kingbobdole »

AWD_addict wrote:Are you sure the rear diff is 4.44? I saw a 2001 H6 that had a 4.11 rear end, but that could have been part of the changes for 2003.

Not trying to start trouble, I'm just wondering.
Not a problem... A friend of mine told me that it was a 4.44 LSD since the car was a VDC H6... I've been trying to check him myself, but I'm not 100% sure....
89 XT6 EZ30 powered
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

VDC was a later addition to the high-end Legacy models, so it's very much possible that it's a 4.44.

That steering wheel is cool, but I've since evicted the faux woodgrain from my dash and door panels.
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
Aerotech
Fourth Gear

Post by Aerotech »

DLC wrote:I really wish I knew for sure if that McIntosh deck would plug right in to my car.
I seriously doubt it, but as long as the pigtails are there, it should not be too much of a problem to adapt it... we'll see. I've been waiting a long time for one of these to pop up.

Anybody want a '02 WRX 6-disc + cassette stereo set up for a '90 or '91 Legacy? If I can get this Mac installed, it's up for sale.
I soldered the correct early plug into the WRX stereo harness, it plugs right in. '92+ needs a different plug...
Jerry

AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

kingbobdole wrote:Not a problem... A friend of mine told me that it was a 4.44 LSD since the car was a VDC H6... I've been trying to check him myself, but I'm not 100% sure....
Oops, I didn't realize it was a VDC model, the McIntosh should have clued me in. The one I saw was non-VDC (LL Bean), so your friend could be right.
90 L+ wgn
BXSS
Fourth Gear

Post by BXSS »

Just pull the cover off of the diff.

There are 2 numbers on the ring gear - the big # divided by the small number = the final drive (100% certain - no guessing!)...
94 Legacy SS
96 Impreza OBS
99 Impreza OBS-T
04 Sienna XLE Limited AWD
BXSS
Fourth Gear

Post by BXSS »

Are you selling the seats?

I have Leather seats from that body-style Legacy in my SS, they were not too hard to get in (fronts dropped right in - 3 headrest rear seat was not as simple, but was not too hard either).

Someone with a Leggy/Touring wagon may be able to use them.
94 Legacy SS
96 Impreza OBS
99 Impreza OBS-T
04 Sienna XLE Limited AWD
abracc
First Gear

Post by abracc »

Aerotech wrote:
I seriously doubt it, but as long as the pigtails are there, it should not be too much of a problem to adapt it... we'll see. I've been waiting a long time for one of these to pop up.

Anybody want a '02 WRX 6-disc + cassette stereo set up for a '90 or '91 Legacy? If I can get this Mac installed, it's up for sale.
I soldered the correct early plug into the WRX stereo harness, it plugs right in. '92+ needs a different plug...
How easy is it to get and solder in a 93 early plug? And it slides right in the same slot you say? No modifications?
'07 Acura TL-S
'93 Leagcy Wagon Turbo AWD
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

Oh, it should also be noted that the amplifier underneath the seat is probably required for the McIntosh deck to work.

It has no onboard amplifier.

I have the top-end deck for my model, the 00 GT LTD, and it also has a 6-disc changer, single-disc, cassette and weather band, but no onboard amp.

The McIntosh is likely the same.
Legacy Central
kingbobdole
First Gear

Post by kingbobdole »

Aerotech bought the stereo and is getting the amp, pigtails and the cable from the stereo to the amp.

The seats are going into my 87 SW.

And I still haven't pulled the rear cover off of the diff...
89 XT6 EZ30 powered
Aerotech
Fourth Gear

Post by Aerotech »

After some reflection, I have to 'fess up to a brain fart; I modified the car harness in the '91 to fit the '02 WRX stereo, not the other way around like I stated earlier....
The WRX unit has a female connector, like the stock Leggo unit, but a different plug. You just have to find the right replacement pigtail/plug... got it online somewhere, search car audio connectors.
Jerry

abracc
First Gear

Post by abracc »

Sorry to thread jack...so if I was to get this from Crutchfield http://www.crutchfield.com/S-0AP1zJX7Yu ... =120701780

the WRX should work just fine?
'07 Acura TL-S
kingbobdole
First Gear

Post by kingbobdole »

Bent wheels sold for scrap... still have most of the car tho.
89 XT6 EZ30 powered
Aerotech
Fourth Gear

Post by Aerotech »

abracc wrote:Sorry to thread jack...so if I was to get this from Crutchfield http://www.crutchfield.com/S-0AP1zJX7Yu ... =120701780

No, that's the one you probably have from the factory; if you want a 02-03 or newer headunit cut it off and use this:

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/ ... 2977&avf=Y
Jerry

abracc
First Gear

Post by abracc »

Aerotech wrote:
abracc wrote:Sorry to thread jack...so if I was to get this from Crutchfield http://www.crutchfield.com/S-0AP1zJX7Yu ... =120701780

No, that's the one you probably have from the factory; if you want a 02-03 or newer headunit cut it off and use this:

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/ ... 2977&avf=Y
Thanks...the debate now is to go with aftermarket or your WRX setup. I have an amp and sub just sitting in my basement and might want to hook those up.
'07 Acura TL-S
kingbobdole
First Gear

Post by kingbobdole »

keep highjacking so I don't have to bump this :P
89 XT6 EZ30 powered
abracc
First Gear

Post by abracc »

No problem. By the way, this didn't have a power antenna, did it? I wonder if it did, if it would fit my '93?
'07 Acura TL-S
kingbobdole
First Gear

Post by kingbobdole »

no it had a very stubby antenna on the roof. It was very broken.
89 XT6 EZ30 powered
abracc
First Gear

Post by abracc »

Okay...thanks. I am looking for a very specific nut that helps to hold the rear wiper onto the window. After you pull the rear wiper arm off and there is a gasket/seal you pull off. Under that is a pretty good sized nut that comes off so you can pull the wiper motor out from the inside. This is what I stripped taking out the old wiper motor... :evil: Now I am looking for this nut and didn't know if there was one on this car..... I've looked at Home Depot etc...and can't find one to match..... Thanks!
'07 Acura TL-S
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

PM sent about a few parts.

Are the rear rotors vented or solid?
Legacy Central
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

continuing stereo hijack:

get the David Carter reverse harness so the dimmer works.

http://www.geocities.com/svxdc/WRXharness.htm

DLC the rear rotors are solid. 290x10mm, which is the same size as every 00-04 Legacy (H6 is a misnomer). Those hubs don't attach to non- 00-04 Legacies but the brake stuff does.