Round Two: Standalone scan tools, for non-turbos too

Parts and services from sanctioned vendors and businesses.

Moderator: Moderators

m44offroad
First Gear

Post by m44offroad »

This thing is freaking bad ass, after fighting my car yesterday trying to pull and clear codes for my check engine light this thing is a life saver, no more trying to count the number of blinks :smt023 now i just need to replace my #1 injector and the car should be good to go
1990 AWD Legacy LS, 5mt, manual belts and Vikash standalone scantool.
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Glad you guys like it. =)
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
ripplesouth
First Gear

Post by ripplesouth »

MAKE MORE UNITS!!!
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

I will, if all of this batch are sold.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
ripplesouth
First Gear

Post by ripplesouth »

Do you accept COD? My credit card is lost. I realise COD carries additional handling fees.
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

I don't think I can do COD, but you could send me the money with Western Union, if you like. If you want to do that email me and I'll give you the info you'd need to give them.
ripplesouth
First Gear

Post by ripplesouth »

vrg3 wrote:I don't think I can do COD, but you could send me the money with Western Union, if you like. If you want to do that email me and I'll give you the info you'd need to give them.
Check with the trucking company if they support COD transactions.
ripplesouth
First Gear

Post by ripplesouth »

With A COD transaction the driver would collect the money and pay you. The shipper and receiver of the goods is more secure in the transaction process. The receiver's risk is greatly reduced.
douglas vincent
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by douglas vincent »

Western Union or nothing. Vicash is above reproach.
Reddevil, Awaiting new heart, will it ever happen?
1990 wagon, EJ25 12.3 @ 116.5 FAST Family wagon getting new motor soon
1992 wagon, wifes daily, high compression
1992 Touring wagon, should I keep it?
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

I understand how COD works, but international COD isn't simple.

I'm sorry; I know what a pain it is to lose your credit card. And I understand that you wish to have some buyer protection.

I am holding one scan tool for you, ripplesouth, because you have committed to buying one and because if it weren't out of your control you would have made payment by now. So if you are willing to wait until your card is replaced, you will have a scan tool waiting to be shipped.

That, or Western Union, is all I can do. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.
TheSubaruJunkie
Fourth Gear

Post by TheSubaruJunkie »

I hope this dude doesnt find his credit card. If that unit isnt sold by the time I get my tax return Im going to paypal you Vic!!

-Brian
1983 Subaru GL-10 Brat
1986 Toyota 4Runner
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

I might have more made by then anyway, Brian.
TheSubaruJunkie
Fourth Gear

Cool, glad to hear your not planning this as a final one time only run.

I know you mentioned not liking ebay, but I bet if you put these up on eBay you would sell them like hotcakes!

anyhow... tax return should be here in a week or 2. I have a feeling this thing will help when I finally get my motor back in my car :)
1983 Subaru GL-10 Brat
1986 Toyota 4Runner
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Why would I bother putting them on eBay when I already can reach pretty much every potential customer by just posting on the BBS?
TheSubaruJunkie
Fourth Gear

Im sure there are alot of legacy owners out there who have no clue about the BBS.
1983 Subaru GL-10 Brat
1986 Toyota 4Runner
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

...that would be interested in something like this? Maybe you're right, but I think that almost any Legacy owner who has enough interest in his/her car to be willing to shell out hundreds of dollars to read its ECU would have found Legacy Central by now.
TheSubaruJunkie
Fourth Gear

Touche'

Ok back on subject. Saving pennies and checking bank account ballances daily. I'll contact you before I paypal to make sure there's one available.
1983 Subaru GL-10 Brat
1986 Toyota 4Runner
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

I'll be in for one also in a few weeks. Money is tight at the moment (only one bringing money in while the wife is the full time nursing student).
Jason
'92 LSS "Trixie" - TD04, '06 WRX TMIC, Invidia D/P & TXS U/P, 3" APEX'i CBE, custom intake, TXS MBC & BPV
Perrin LCP, WRX & H6 brakes, S/S lines, Cusco H-brace & RSTB, AGX's, Progress springs, SimplySubie fender braces
ripplesouth
First Gear

Credit Card

Post by ripplesouth »

My credit card company said that in 7-10 Business days from Feb 5, I should receive my new credit card. I got paid today!
ripplesouth
First Gear

Post by ripplesouth »

vrg3 wrote:Why would I bother putting them on eBay when I already can reach pretty much every potential customer by just posting on the BBS?
Because Ebay pays for advertising for a greater market REACH

They use Google Adwords, TV Campaigning, Banner Ads, etc. So your small Seller fees dollars are maximized for ROI. They target-market your buy-it-now ad or auction ad in the same manner as you target market by posting on this BBS except they do it on a massive multi-billion dollar scale.

You might be on the small-minded side if you think that the entire Subaru Legacy Owners world revolves around only this BBS. You might not believe this but there are S. Legacy owners who do not know about this BBS yet.
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

Yes, but you have to understand it's just him making them. So no reason to get an extremely high deman for something he puts together in his free time (though very limited I would assume).
Jason
'92 LSS "Trixie" - TD04, '06 WRX TMIC, Invidia D/P & TXS U/P, 3" APEX'i CBE, custom intake, TXS MBC & BPV
Perrin LCP, WRX & H6 brakes, S/S lines, Cusco H-brace & RSTB, AGX's, Progress springs, SimplySubie fender braces
snowcat
In Neutral

Post by snowcat »

Holy freaking crap! Absolutely amazing and awesome! Every kid on the block w/a subaru (and even those w/o) will want want one! Definitely on my Xmas list!

And here I was admiring what I assumed was a dash-mounted oil pressure gauge or temp gauge in the 1st pic!

Seriously, I wanted to have a temp sensor dummy light and oil pressure gauge in my car (so much easier to have the dummy light rather that watch my needle all the time), but this is just friggin' awesome!

I would happily learn to solder and layout circuit boards if that's what it takes to have one of the these babies! W/one of these Subaru=Knight rider!

Put me down for 1 as I bow down to the awesomeness of your smartitude! Will paypal you as soon as I get your info.
4 wheel drive, yes! 4" clearance under the chassis, oh no!
smh0101
Fifth Gear

Post by smh0101 »

Holy freaking crap! - Excited Double Post... lol jk

Anyways...

Vikash... I forgot to check the vendors forum... and missed the new thread...

Anyways, post up when ya make more!

-Spencer
~Spencer
94 Legacy Turbo (550 Robtune/ej20h v2 Sti RA drivetrain)
94 Legacy Ti Wagon (5mt ej22e)
91 rhd Legacy GT Wagon (factory 5mt, ej20g)
93 rhd Legacy GT type S2 Sedan (4eat, ej20g)
91 rhd Legacy Ti Type S 1.8
03 Lincoln LS V8 Sport
08 300 SRT8
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

All sold! Thanks everybody!

I'll post up in this thread again when I have more. So subscribe to this thread, Spencer, if you want to get email notification when I do.
smh0101
Fifth Gear

Post by smh0101 »

Already done! :)
~Spencer
94 Legacy Turbo (550 Robtune/ej20h v2 Sti RA drivetrain)
94 Legacy Ti Wagon (5mt ej22e)
91 rhd Legacy GT Wagon (factory 5mt, ej20g)
93 rhd Legacy GT type S2 Sedan (4eat, ej20g)
91 rhd Legacy Ti Type S 1.8
03 Lincoln LS V8 Sport
08 300 SRT8