quasi-mod-o

which wheel

Post by SILINC3R »

Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
Dynamic Entry
Third Gear

Post by Dynamic Entry »

if I had to choose, and I has rio red, and i HAD to choose..... first ones
Andrew

16 Outback - wife's daily
95 Gravel Express - Sold
92 Green SVX - RIP
02 WRB WRX - Sold
93 White SS "Angel": 4EAT to 5MT 550 Robtune !SOLD!
̶9̶2̶ ̶W̶i̶n̶e̶s̶t̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶S̶S̶ ̶5̶M̶T̶ R.I.P.
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

thanks i was leaning toward the red ones as well.
its better that getting chrome ones right?
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

since you are asking for opinions,

they are both terrible wheels with crap tires and the offset is probably all wrong and so they'll rub badly on the fenders and ruin your wheel bearings. Not to mention they're probably ridiculously heavy. Plus what's the centerbore size? Do they come with hub-centric rings to fit your car?

Other stock Subaru wheels, like those off a WRX, are the cheapest and easiest upgrade and they actually fit properly.
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

it says they fit though. and dont know what centerbore and hub centric is. i just want knew clean rims and tires not used sorry. and i cant find the subaru gold that i want for the price.
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

and how would you know if your wheel hubs are going bad.
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

centerbore is the size of the hole in the center of the wheel that fits over the center of the hub. The stock wheels are hub-centric which means they perfectly over the hub, which keeps them centered.

If an aftermarket wheel does not have the stock centerbore diameter, it will be lug-centric, or use spacer rings. Lug centric means that the only thing keeping the wheels centered is the lugs themselves. This makes it possible to mount the wheels in a way that they will be slightly off-center. Spacer rings are used to fill in the gap between the centerbore of the wheel and the hub.

The offset is the distance from the center of the wheel to the hub mounting surface. The stock offset for a 7" wide wheel is +53mm. If the aftermarket wheels do not have an offset between +47 and +53 or so, they will stick out too far, rub on the fenders, and put higher forces into the wheel bearings.

There is a big difference between wheels that will physically bolt to the hubs and wheels that actually fit your car. Check out rotas at subydude.com. They sell wheel and tire packages that are actually designed to fit on a Subaru.
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

hey i went to subydude and it took me to wheel something. they have very nice wheels but it would cost me over 1000 dollars. for rims and tires. the ones i want are rims and tires for 750. also that website says they are a gt so would they fit our car
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

PLEASE dont buy those wheels...

you can get way better OEM/JDM ones from ebay for way cheaper
Zach - Legacy Frankenstin
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

are they really that bad. is it because of the way look or because they would make me look like a racer. seriously i will try to listen to yalls input if your willing to give.
if you can tell me and find me a nice 17'' wheel that will fit and for at the most 800 i might consider it. but if i get the wheels i want they will be brand new. :)
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

:-D i like the tommy's but i world have to sell my car and my soul just to get them. i would get those gold impreza wheels but they have been used and are not new. but i do like them
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

oh and would those fit perfectly or what
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

yes sir, you would just need new tires... i think, maybe roll teh fenders or suspension but i doubt it.

*grabs shield and chainmail to protect self from possible internet death...*
Fkyx
Third Gear

Post by Fkyx »

Honestly, you won't find a lot of options that will fit our cars that aren't used, outside of the 18"+ range... and even then... you'll be looking for a LONG time.
Matthew aka F[b][color=red]k[/color][/b]yx
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan "Jillian" - [url=http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=39548]EJ20G swap[/url]
Dynamic Entry
Third Gear

Post by Dynamic Entry »

SILINC3R wrote:are they really that bad. is it because of the way look or because they would make me look like a racer. seriously i will try to listen to yalls input if your willing to give.
if you can tell me and find me a nice 17'' wheel that will fit and for at the most 800 i might consider it. but if i get the wheels i want they will be brand new. :)
naw man, even though those looks wouldn't bee too popular here, it's not SO much about the looks as the quality & compatibility. You are hung up on the "brand new" thing but if the quality is low and they lack engineering details that make them really work with your car, then does it really matter if they haven't been used before?

I think most guys leave most style choices alone - although even I recently called someone out about a certain spoiler :!: - and realize that diversity is good and people have different tastes. We just don't want to see you waste $750 when you could get something better (for more or less $ depending on how clean it is when you buy it)

have you looked on NASIOC? you gotta be careful but good stuff comes outta there for the cheap

be patient, dig around and make private sales. I am in Canada and the supply is low, but I got brand new 17" Subaru/Enkei wheels and 85% tread Potenza RE070 for about what you are lookin to spend...... damn I gotta go get those mounted. Peace out
Andrew

16 Outback - wife's daily
95 Gravel Express - Sold
92 Green SVX - RIP
02 WRB WRX - Sold
93 White SS "Angel": 4EAT to 5MT 550 Robtune !SOLD!
̶9̶2̶ ̶W̶i̶n̶e̶s̶t̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶S̶S̶ ̶5̶M̶T̶ R.I.P.
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

Specs on the wheels you linked -

RPM Wheels 502 : 40 offset
Speedy Wheels Lite-9 : 42 offset

Both are incorrect.
Why not spend the money to convert your car to AWD instead? Even with craptastic tires your forward traction will improve drastically.
internetautomart
Second Gear

Post by internetautomart »

go to tire rack. I just speced out a nice 16" with tires for under $800
correct offsets, decent tires.
19lbs or so
94 BC w/ AWD Sold 6/25/08
92 BJ Rust bucket gone
90 BC (I think) Stripper, gone since 2k
86 GL10 Turbo 4wd, Gone since 99
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

alright i would go AWD :-D but that would cost a lot and take a lot of time. maybe in the future. i called the tire place the other day and he said that these tires would fit perfectly so is he lieing or what
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
internetautomart
Second Gear

SILINC3R wrote:alright i would go AWD :-D but that would cost a lot and take a lot of time. maybe in the future. i called the tire place the other day and he said that these tires would fit perfectly so is he lieing or what
tires might fit, but the wheels may not.
92 BJ Rust bucket gone
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

i meant that he said the wheels would fit
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

internetautomart wrote:go to tire rack. I just speced out a nice 16" with tires for under $800
correct offsets, decent tires.
19lbs or so
19lbs?! Jeebus man thats heavy. I just sold a set of 16x7 wheels that were 12 pounds each. The stock 02 WRX wheels were 16 pounds each.
internetautomart
Second Gear

maybe he did the bolt pattern assumption that a lot of noobs do.
92 BJ Rust bucket gone