i went to the track

Autocross, Rallycross, ProRally, Drag, WRC, F1 etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

stipro
Third Gear

Post by stipro »

Fkyx wrote:Laughing gas?
Nitrous oxide. Nice run Nico!
1994 ABM Sport Sedan-Not stock
1990 L series/turbo-Rally project
Fkyx
Third Gear

Post by Fkyx »

stipro wrote:
Fkyx wrote:Laughing gas?
Nitrous oxide. Nice run Nico!
I knew that. But he's not running nitrous, is he?
Matthew aka F[b][color=red]k[/color][/b]yx
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan "Jillian" - [url=http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=39548]EJ20G swap[/url]
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

thanks guys, but no i have no nos lol.
1993 Subaru Legacy 44B STi 4Cam 16Valve Turbo Intercooled AWD
EJ22T, STi EJ207 DOHC, Vi-PEC (Spare Autronic) @ 426.20HP / 394.94ft lb @ 00psi
Tuned By: Franz Diebold ( DIEBOLD AUTOSPORT ) @ NVauto
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

well i went to the scales and my gc is not a light car holy shit its a fat car 3036lbs, dam i think it needs a diet
BXSS
Fourth Gear

Post by BXSS »

Was it 3036lbs with you in it?

My Impreza OBS wagon was 2974lbs with me in it in'04 (I have taken a few lbs out of it since then).
94 Legacy SS
96 Impreza OBS
99 Impreza OBS-T
04 Sienna XLE Limited AWD
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Are you implying Nico is the one that should go on the diet?
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
BXSS
Fourth Gear

Post by BXSS »

Naa, but you probably were when you posted - thats not nice....

A 3000lb empty Impreza Sedan sounds too heavy
94 Legacy SS
96 Impreza OBS
99 Impreza OBS-T
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

lol i am 160lbs, no i was in the car when i did it. but a friend of mine siad that is the right lbs becuse it now is a full sti swap -ej205 block.

bad news today i was going to see mike to tune my car and the evo 3 16g broke its got so much shaft play.

so i only got one turbo and its time to party i just put in my aps56, car runs like shit but on tuseday its going to get a tune and we are back up for the q mile track.

i am not going to boost it like crazy becuse it will blow sky high for sure maybe just 14psi or what ever the wastegate does bye its self.
BXSS
Fourth Gear

Post by BXSS »

I'm skinny too, but your car is heavy!
Are you planning on putting it on a diet??

If you are going to put the car on a "diet"I listed a few part weights here - http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic. ... 088#251088
Part listings with a - in front of the description were done after the 2974lb track weigh in.

I have not updated it in a little while, but I have shaved a few more pounds off the car & still have a few goodies to go on the car - a set of Enkei 15" rims that clear 4 pots & weigh just 12lbs each, a rear subframe with aluminum Pillow-balled lateral links, & a set of aluminum front control arms from dscoobydoo...

I thought this was a ej22t hybird, you're running a ej205?
94 Legacy SS
96 Impreza OBS
99 Impreza OBS-T
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

BXSS wrote:I'm skinny too, but your car is heavy!
Are you planning on putting it on a diet??

If you are going to put the car on a "diet"I listed a few part weights here - http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic. ... 088#251088
Part listings with a - in front of the description were done after the 2974lb track weigh in.

I have not updated it in a little while, but I have shaved a few more pounds off the car & still have a few goodies to go on the car - a set of Enkei 15" rims that clear 4 pots & weigh just 12lbs each, a rear subframe with aluminum Pillow-balled lateral links, & a set of aluminum front control arms from dscoobydoo...

I thought this was a ej22t hybird, you're running a ej205?
no its a ej22t hybird.

i did all that stuff you listed in your post a long time ago. also thats a very good lbs post!!

i have the alumin front gc control arms and the hood, i cant get light wieght rims, becuse they will be to wide and add more lbs. i have brembos.

the only thing i can do now is get 2 light bucket seats and i am trying to find the gc aluminum trunk from japan and thats it, but i could swap out my brakes and get the smaller ones but then i cant stop as fast.
BXSS
Fourth Gear

Post by BXSS »

I almost did a aluminum control arm, Whiteline RCA, & Whiteline anti-lift install on Sat.
I had everything apart only to be stopped by a missing a dumb part (I need the tapered collars from "alloy control arm ball joints" to properly install the c-arms).

I did get a weight check on the alloy vs stock c-arms & the alloy arms are just 1.5lbs lighter than the stockers (each).

If you can get a hold of a JDM Rear bumper bracket (looks just like the JDM front in terms of crash danger & lightness) you could shave about 25-28lbs off the butt of the car.

If you are on Subaru 4-pots with WRX sized rotors you can get little rims that will clear the brakes - check Rallispec for some ideas.
I had 17's on my car but got the light-weight bug & downgraded to 15's (then upgraded to Super light 15's that will clear the 4-pots that are sitting in my garage).
94 Legacy SS
96 Impreza OBS
99 Impreza OBS-T
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Yeah, hefting the two control arms in my hands, I felt little difference - the alloys, per usual for Subaru, are built to be tough first, light second. Mine just went right on after I ground down two of the steel bushings to fit the crossmember.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
BXSS
Fourth Gear

Post by BXSS »

I thought you were on 4 pots, Brembos are BIG & tend to be a heavy set-up (rotors are BIG & heavy + the rims have to be big in order to clear everything) - but they STOP....
94 Legacy SS
96 Impreza OBS
99 Impreza OBS-T
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

^ thats what i got but i need to stop like you siad. about the rear jdm bumper beam i dont know about that becuse that how my red legacy got killed!! some guy smashed me so hard i hit the car in front of me, if that beam was not there i would have had him in the trunk and me threw the window!!

if that didnt happen i would have still had the car and drving it to this day!!

well no more little 16g, the turbo had just a bit to much shaft play for my liking lol, so i had to use what i got lying around and its big!! aps56 wit 850cc injectors should blast me down the q mile quite nice LOL!!

BXSS
Fourth Gear

Post by BXSS »

I have a JDM rear bumper/beam + a spare rear beam in my basement & not on my car because I do not trust folks behind me to STOP - those beams (more like a strip of metal) are dangerous.

Engine/turbo look nice as usual, was the 16G a genuine Mitsubishi turbo?
94 Legacy SS
96 Impreza OBS
99 Impreza OBS-T
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

The bumper beams are actually not a very integral part of the safety cell. They are mandated to pass a bumper test that ensures a parking lot hit of 5 mph (stationary) or 2.5 mph (both cars moving) doesn't cause damage, especially the safety equipment (primarily lights). The insurance industry lobbied for this and the NHTSA set standards several times, I believe the last being in 1980. The bumper beam might reduce damage to the car in a minor collision, but won't significantly affect the safety. That said, I'd feel better about it being on there myself. After all, it's not like removing the beams would make these cars Caterhams.
BXSS
Fourth Gear

Post by BXSS »

I hear you, but the JDM beams/brackets are thin enough to bend by hand with little effort which would make me think twice about shuttling my daughter around in my wagon if it was equipped with them...

My son on the other hand knows the danger involved when we drive one of the turbo cars, so I'd just give him a helmet + some street bike body-armor & hope for the best!
94 Legacy SS
96 Impreza OBS
99 Impreza OBS-T
Innovative Tuning
Second Gear

Post by Innovative Tuning »

A decent 1.6 60' instead of a 1.9 would probably take 1/2 a second off your ET. Aside from that I can't tell how your shifting is because that Honda is so loud LOL.

Keep practicing and you'll get it.