ej20r intake manifold--ej22t throttle body

Snorkus, filters, throttle bodies and intake manifolds.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

kleinkid
Fourth Gear

ej20r intake manifold--ej22t throttle body

Post by kleinkid »

ej22t block, ej20g dohc heads, ej20r intake manifold, vf-23 turbo.

It appears that the challenge is to get the ej20r int. manifold to do what the ej22t mainifold did. Need the ej20r manifold to use with the straight in vf-23 turbo. The plumbing is going to be creative. My Autronic doesn't control the IAC valve, basically not using it now, so am thinking of removing it and blanking the flange off. That will get it out of the way so I can put a ej22t throttle body on and use its TPS. Because the ej20r manifold is off of a right hand drive car, the throttle cable connects are on the passenger side, so will have to modify to get it on the drivers side. Comments, suggestions, insights?

An engine block is being built by http://www.maxwellpropulsion.com/
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Sounds interesting to say the least.....

Wonder if you could go throttle by wire....I think autronic added support for that.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
kleinkid
Fourth Gear

Post by kleinkid »

The Autronic version I'm using is SMC for 93-95 JDM WRX. Don't think it is dbw compatible.

Looking at the ej20r manifold was pretty overwhelming at first. But after looking at it for a while things have become a little clearer. It has lots of tubes and ports. Some will be used, some will be capped. I see a nice threaded hole for the Autronic IAT sensor. Think the ej20r manifold used EGR and not the charcol cannister like the ej22t, but think I have a way to use the cannister and the purge solonoid valve. There are other things to do, but the throttle body/ TPS is a tough one. Also, have to mount the ej22t coil pack somewhere.
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

Odd that they use STi block and NA heads for all their packages, and the top one has only 240 HP. Should be reliable though.

Good luck with all the tubes and ports.
90 L+ wgn