Factory Service Manuals

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Factory Service Manuals

Post by eastbaysubaru »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... &viewitem=

I hope someone here can use these. They've served me well, but I no longer have the Leggy. :( Ends tomorrow.

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I've got a 91 ss. Would these be pretty much the same for a 90-94?

These are basically like the haynes but much better right?
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

Yeah, they should work for you. They are MUCH more in depth than the Haynes manual, which is included in this auction BTW.

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
James614
Fourth Gear

Post by James614 »

$30 shipping?! Why don't you use USPS media mail? Or does this exceed it's package size/weight?
93 Touring Wagon (EJ20G 5spd Swap) -- Finally back and running strong as ever!

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

The shipping is the ACTUAL shipping via USPS Priority Mail. It's based on weight and size and this beotch is HEAVY! It's a bunch of books. Something like 12 lbs. IIRC. Sorry, but that what it is actually going to cost to ship them. Trust me, I'm not making additional money off of "shipping and handling charges".

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
James614
Fourth Gear

Post by James614 »

Media mail is an alternative to priority mail specifically for books that's much slower, but MUCH cheaper than priority mail. I wasn't accusing you of marking up the shipping, but pointing out that a cheaper service exists.
93 Touring Wagon (EJ20G 5spd Swap) -- Finally back and running strong as ever!

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

Understandably. Thanks for the heads up about the media mail. I didn't think you could do that with a big box of books. I'll definitely throw that up there as an option to whoever wins the auction.

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

You have to specifically ask them for media mail since they don't like to advertise the service. However, you might exceed a weight limit if you try it in one shipment. I don't know for sure since my book is pretty lightweight, but I imagine there's a weight limit at some point.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
head2wind
Second Gear

Post by head2wind »

up to 70# in a priority mail box and the online price is 9.70...... so, depending on howmany books there are the largest pmail box should do......
94 Silver Turbo Wagon 5MT/Walbro255/SS header/STi Gn Mounts/01 RS wheels
kleinkid
Fourth Gear

SOLD, already

Post by kleinkid »

I bought these. I have been wanting a set for a long time.
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

You suck, and I mean that in the nicest way possible! :mrgreen:
Jason
'92 LSS "Trixie" - TD04, '06 WRX TMIC, Invidia D/P & TXS U/P, 3" APEX'i CBE, custom intake, TXS MBC & BPV
Perrin LCP, WRX & H6 brakes, S/S lines, Cusco H-brace & RSTB, AGX's, Progress springs, SimplySubie fender braces