Fuel cut and over-boost

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Fuel cut and over-boost

Post by cj91legss »

So i cant quite figure out whats going on here. I do not have an FCD yet nor do i have a MBC. I have been having a hesitation problem for a long time now when i get on throttle. Ive also heard popping coming from my intake. i barrowed the turbo sensors from a friend and reset my ecu and im still getting hesitation. Bought another o2 sensor and it got rid of the popping, but i cant break this hesitation. when i do get on throttle i push over 10lbs boost on factory ecu and everything. so i am wondering if im just hitting fuel cut. Now if i am hitting fuel cut, why would i hit it with factory solenoid and wastegate. I have upgraded to a wrx turbo, but i had the same problem with the old turbo as well.
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
BSOD2600
Fourth Gear

Post by BSOD2600 »

When you hit fuel cut, it's a wall. A sudden loss of power.

Might consider reading http://www.legacycentral.org/library/turbo_faq.htm
Q: When i accelerate hard, the car seems to jerk and hesitate. What causes this?

A: The Boost Control Solenoid is the culprit. It's located on the passenger side strut tower, and is a reddish color. It's is replaceable, but most prefer to upgrade to a simple and effective manual boost controller for less than half the price of a new replacement from Subaru.

'11 WRX Limited
'94 SS | 3" TBE, 07 TMIC, TD05H-16G, Revtronix Stage 2, Walbro -- Sold
'94 TW | R.I.P.