97 EJ20G Will this work in my 91 SS?

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

What is this for? Comes off the intake right before the turbo under the manifold and goes to the other side of the back of the engine but it's capped.

98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

You can definitely do it with the tranny still attached. What we did was lift the engine high enough so that we could angle the end of the tranny towards the bottom of the firewall. Then we jacked up the front of the car and then moved the engine/tranny forward, lowering the engine as we angled the back of the tranny back to level.
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
PhyrraM
Fourth Gear

Post by PhyrraM »

The pipe looks like the bypass valve hose. Is there something on the intercooler that looks like it matches up to it?
'93 Winestone SS Auto, '91 Pearl White SS.
'93 Pure White SS EJ20G slanty intercooled, SIDESWIPED! In stasis.
'94 FWD and '95 AWD Laguna Blue SVXs.
2017 Pure Red BRZ Limited w/Performance pack
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I put the intercooler on top of the engine and there is a pipe off the intercooler that goes to the same side as that hose. I don't know if there's a hose that connects them with a BPV somewhere in that heap of wiring harness and crossmembers.

98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson