Falken 912 tires? Opinions, comments?

Where the power meets the road.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

ericem
Fifth Gear

Falken 912 tires? Opinions, comments?

Post by ericem »

Hey guys, in need of some tires, the rear ones are cracked all over and are buldging. I figure instead of risking them blowing up, and me dieing etc, ill get some nice NEW quiet solid tires which will hopefully help fuel economy wise as well. They are around $350 with tax here new. Anyone run these tires, anyone have any idea if it is a good tire. Any good budget suggestions? I plan on probably getting new rims later but for now I think it is priority for some safe tires ATM.
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

I'm on my second set and like them a lot, for an all-season. They have a lot of dry and wet grip, did alright on the snow and ice. They were also really fast at rally-x. I think they're one of the top rated tires on consumer reports.

My biggest complaint is that the sidewalls are a little soft, but I could have spent the extra money on the V-rated tires, which have a reinforced sidewall.
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

got the tires. Everything seems good. Very quiet and seen to have plenty of grip. Compared to my old tires the sidewall is pretty solid yet very good ride. Time will tell on tire wear and how they are in the rain which looks like it should be pretty good. Tread looks pretty cool ill get some on car pics :)
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

pic

2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

The ZE912s' selling point is the price. There are better tires out there, but for the money, you'll be hard-pressed to find a tire that performs better.

We sell a bunch at work, and our customers are always happy with them.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
gryffinwings
In Neutral

Post by gryffinwings »

I've got these tire in the 225/55-17 size which is "W" speed rated, this tire is pretty good, plenty of dry grip that I don't think I have been able to take full advantage of it yet.
2001 Subaru Outback
1980 Toyota Corolla Liftback