Kills/Killed by...

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

555BCTurbo wrote: Oh...and I never said I'm sour about ditching my Legacy...I don't miss it a bit since my Audi does everything it did...better
word.

killed my brother's '04 wrx thats got a sti bottom end and ported heads and a vf34.... It was during a spirited drive and a straight that you could pass on came up... but then again his car was running like crap because it wasn't tuned worth a shit. Otherwise my car wouldn't have a chance...
1992 T-Leg = 195whp 197wtq SOLD :(
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
AweOfShe
In Neutral

my best kill

Post by AweOfShe »

Can't say I've killed anything in a Legacy, but my best kill was in my 92 Accord LX at a little place I like to call Crow Canyon Road.

This was our course! I'm not really a freeway type of driver or even a drag race type of driver. I like going fast in corners and driving low powered vehicles fast. On this particular course, I am notorious for being very precise. In my group I am the only one who can consistently touch the bushes hanging over the inside guardrail at speed.

We went out here frequently to practice late nights/ very early mornings and explore the limits of adhesion and car control. But this encounter was not one of those nights.

I am piloting:
1992 Honda Accord LX 5sp
mods include:
Exhaust leak, warped brake rotors (with fresh autozone pads), 1984 Celica GT wheels on the rear, stock steelies up front (haha staggered setup) PGM-FI for vtec-like acceleration :lol:, negative camber up front with steel belts just starting to show from an accident complete with minor body damage from my mom's accident.

The car is complete crap but I knew it's limits really well. I could drive it like an extension of myself.

So on to the kill. I'm about 1/2 way through the course in the afternoon - downhill, going to my friend's house. It was during the week and just before the time when all the crazy people get off of work to make traffic everywhere. The roads are surprisingly pretty empty. I am pleased at this. I'm driving at a moderate pace, paying most attention to finding better lines to take at night, and the current road conditions.
Silver. Actually - Satin Silver Metallic. That's the color of the 2001 Prelude that I catch up to. I study it briefly. Tastefully modified exhaust. Too small to have a turbo further up there, and the suspension is..... stock from what I can tell. But it's quite a step higher than the oozing rubber things on my car that used to be bushings at one point maybe 160,000 miles ago.

The driver picks me up in his rear view. And decided I should be an easy kill. (I would too if I saw my old car in the rearview.) He speeds up. I follow suit. But I had three things this driver did not have:

The ability to rev-match spot on and heel-toe while threshold braking
A high level of knowledge, precision and comfort for the course - including the series of turns and hairpin ahead
And I was extremely comfortable with my ratty 92 CB7.

That series of turns even with my far inferior car, led to Mr. Prelude driver slowing and moving over to the side, waving me by, turn signal and everything. So he was in my rearview by the end of the course.

I had the biggest grin on my face ever until I got to my friend's house :o

I've also beat my friends 84 supra P-type in that same CB7 (he had a really horrible timing issue) - he'd kill me in it now it sounds like an angry god and I love that thing.

I was killed by my other friend's 89 Nissan Pickup - Complete with that cabin thing on the back TWICE!
Once in my Geo Metro hahahaha
and Another time in my RA6x Celica GT I just bought. First freeway race, my clutch dies, he flies ahead. Damn that truck and it's KA power! :lol:

Anyway, we all moved on to better cars over the years but those were the days and they taught us so much![/i]
AweOfShe
In Neutral

best kill ever!

Post by AweOfShe »

This thread reminded me of an old bit I read on an NSX forum ^_^ enjoy!

"I borrowed my wife`s Geo Metro last night. One liter of raw power, Three cylinders of asphalt-tearing terror on thirteen-inch rims. It`s stock, alright, nothing done to it, but it pushes the barely 2000 pounds of metro around with AUTHORITY. I`m always catching mopeds and 18-wheelers by surprise... I was headed back from Baskin Robbins with my manly triple-latte cappuccino blast ("No Cinnamon, ma`am, I take it BLACK"), when I stopped at a streetlight. As the Metro throbbed its throaty idle around me, I sipped my bold beverage and wiped the white froth my stiff upper lip. I was minding my own business, but then I heard a rev from the next lane. I turned, made eye contact, then let my eyes trace over the competition. Ford Festiva - a late model, could be trouble. Low profile tires, curb feelers, and schoolbus-yellow paint. Yep, a hot rod, for sure. The howl of his motor snapped my reverie, and I looked back into the driver`s eyes, nodded, then blipped my own throttle. As I tugged on my driving gloves and slipped on my sunglasses (gotta look cool to be fast, and I am *damn* cool, hence...), the night was split with the sound of seven screaming cylinders... Then the light turned... I almost had him out of the hole, my three pounding cylinders thrusting me at least a millimeter back into my seat, as smoke pouring from my front right tire... my unlimited slip differential was letting me down! I saw in the corner of my eyes, a yellow snout gaining, and I heard the roar of his four cylinders. He slung by me, right front wheel juddering against the pavement, and he flashed me a smile as his .7 extra liters of motor stretched its legs. I kept my foot gamely in it, though, waiting for the CHECK ENGINE light to blink on in the one-gauge (no tachometer here!) instrument panel. I saw a glimpse of chrome under his bumper, and knew the ugly truth... He was running a custom exhaust-probably a 2-into-1 dual exhaust...maybe event cutouts! Damn his hot-rod soul! The old lady passing us on the crosswalk cast a dirty look in our boy-racer direction... Yet still I persisted, with my three pumping pistons singing a heady high-pitched song, wound fully out.

Though only a few handfuls of seconds had passed, we were nearing the crosswalk at the other side of the intersection, and I heard the note of his engine change as he made his shift to second, and I saw his grin in his rearview mirror fade as he missed the shift! I rocketed by, shifting, and nursed the clutch gently in to keep from bogging, keeping my motor spinning hot and pulling me ahead, now trailing a cloud of stinking clutch smoke. Not ready to give up so easily, he left his foot in it, revving, and I heard one wheel *almost* chirp as he finally found second and dropped the clutch. We careened over the crosswalk, now going at least 15 miles per hour. A bicyclist passed us, but intent on the race as we were, neither of us batted an eye. He pulled slowly abreast of me, and neck and neck, we made the shift to third, the scream of motors deafening all pedestrians within a five foot circle. He nosed ahead as we passed 30 miles an hour, then eased in front of me, taunting, as we shifted into fourth. I was staring up the dual 6" chrome tips of his exhaust, snarling, my cappuccino forgotten, as he lifted a little to take the next corner. I saw my opportunity, and counting on the innate agility of my trusty steed, I pulled wide into the number two lane and kept my foot buried in carpet. Slowly, I inched around him, feeling my Metro roll slowly to the left as I came abreast in the midst of this gradual sweeping turn. I felt the Geo ease onto its suspension stops, and felt the right rear wheel slowly leave the ground - no matter, though, because my drive wheels, up front, were pulling me through the corner, and around the Festiva... The Ford driver beat his wheel in rage as my wife`s car eased past him on the outside, my P165/55R13`s screaming in protest, as we raced to the next light. We coasted down, neck-and neck, to the red light. I tightened my driving gloves, ready for another round, when this WIMP in the next car meekly flipped his turn signal and made a right. Chevy (Suzuki) superiority reigns!!! I drove off sipping my masculine drink, awash in my sheer virility, looking for other unwitting targets... "
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

That's awesome hahaha. What part of California are you from?

I remember back in the day, senior year in highschool (ok that was 2 yrs ago...), my legacy was down for the count and I was driving a 1991 loyale wagon, a 1.8L beast I affectionately called "the speedwagon" complete with NASA sticker and chopped off muffler.

I would rev that thing so high I felt back for it... Eventually it died on the freeway, but that car taught me so much about handling, rev matching, and limit of adhesion. I can't say I actually made any kills in it, as it was probably churning out less that the stock rated 90bhp. But I did put a ground control lowering kit on it *with tender springs :D* and since it was so light I could go pretty fast around the corners (downhill corners mostly haha)

that car was the definition of speeding slowly haha. reminiscing about old cars is great, someone should start a thread!
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
AweOfShe
In Neutral

Post by AweOfShe »

Imprezive wrote:That's awesome hahaha. What part of California are you from?
I'm from the Bay Area - lived here pretty much my whole life - in between Oakland, Concord, Brentwood, and Pittsburg

Yay for low HP cars! They teach you a lot more, faster than a high powered car would in my opinion.
farfrumwork
Second Gear

LEXUS

Post by farfrumwork »

So I got to play with another luxo-barge today at lunch.

Expensive "quick" cars are my favorite to play with - crushing ego's is a hobby of mine :twisted:

Anywho - '04/'05 or so LS430 ($55k++, 4.3l V8, 290hp/320ftlb). I was chasing him a bit (as he was driving with a certain ass-hatery style), then we came to the "Valmont curves" (means nothing to you I know). He comes in WAY hot and almost looses it into the ditch. I just follow him through (very composed I might add) - when we get to the straight, he actually waives bye-bye to me :lol:

I just keep in it and pull up on his ass at the end of 3rd (had to brake to slow, I was gaining strong). We did this a few times along the straight - same result (me owning him) He was cool and gave a freindly waive (like WTF is THAT!? kind of sheepish waive)

(Mag racing warning) - The 430 mag times are 14.8@96 in the 1320'
Old - '93 T-Leg - 14.693 @ 92.68 at 5800ft ASL (Bandimere Speedway)
New - 07 Spec B/stg 2

"bloodstains - speed kills -fast cars - cheap thrills -rich girls - fine wine
i've lost my sense - i've lost control - i've lost my mind" Agent Orange
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

I played with some woman in a 760li with the v12 a couple years ago. I don't think she was thrilled that my poor legacy was sticking it to her 100k dollar car.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

hehe you guys will be proud of me for this one...cruising division after replacing that cork gasket with the plate to get rid of the vaccum leak to test out how it ran... some dudes in a brand new lancer laughing their asses off at me... so i revved it up, and they laughed harder. i took off at that light, they didnt. Next light they revved up so i revved up... completely smoked them i had them by a good 2 cars before i hit 40.. and theres no reason to go any faster than that down division so i stopped... they caught up and nomore smile.... just a straight face looking straight forward... and then i got to laugh my ass off at them!!! o i was sooo stoked so classic a 91 subaru vs an 08 lancer HAHA
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
farfrumwork
Second Gear

RX8 killed

Post by farfrumwork »

Another "sports car" goes down to the turbo leg :P

I've actually played with this guy before while on my cafe'd '75 CB550 (killed him then as well ;-) )

So I'm following him after work and he's kind of driving like an ass (nothing obnoxious really - just driving his car with some zeal), anyway we get to an intersection that opens our 2-lane into a 4-lane.
Most cars take the outside line through the turn, but he takes the inside and is ON it. I follow suit and subsequently pull HARD on him.

1st gear up on him, 2nd gear I need to brake. He keeps going, I pull back up into him in 3rd - brake again (hard). We do this a few times as we move around traffic.

I know they aren't fast, and it's compounded here at altitude, but I thought he'd have more than that. It really was no contest - a '07-'08 civic si has put up more of a fight with me before.

Cliff notes = 16yr old turbo leg destroys RX8 from a roll.

:-D Chad
New - 07 Spec B/stg 2

epicfail
First Gear

Post by epicfail »

Killed an ~06 Rustang GT.
Gettin on the freeway behind him onramp turned into too lanes floored it as soon as i got on the onramp and he did the same wen he saw me comin up behind. i walked rite past and kept up too about ~95mph. he did the ricer flyby when i was slowing down to the speed limit.
farfrumwork
Second Gear

and another

Post by farfrumwork »

A blue Mini, couldn't tell which year (SC or turbo) as he was behind me the whole time :lol:

He tried to play me from a roll off a light, nope. I dropped probably 3-4 cars on him by the end of 2nd gear.

Then he just stayed back there and put it in cruise mode.
New - 07 Spec B/stg 2

smh0101
Fifth Gear

Post by smh0101 »

This was a few weeks back. After I put the vf24 on, before I yanked the ej22t.

I was heading out to Daves on 503 heading north towards Battle Ground from Vancouver and I come up to this guy in an e36 M3. He had seen me take off to get around a honda earlier (cuz I was in kindofa hurry) and looked over and was watching my car.

We take off, not going fast, just driving and as we start to get up to pace he decides to punch it and really take off... I followed and caught up pretty quick, this is at about 30-40, so I got a nice second gear pull with a tap into third. By this time we have to stop at another light. At the light he revved and then we both took off, he spun the tires a little, and I was gone. I wasnt killing him really bad but by 50 I had almost two car lenghts and by 80 I was probably at almost 3. Called it off at 85 and tapped the brakes to end it.

I know if we got +110 he would have started to pull. Come on its an Autobahn car lol.

I was happy.
~Spencer
94 Legacy Turbo (550 Robtune/ej20h v2 Sti RA drivetrain)
94 Legacy Ti Wagon (5mt ej22e)
91 rhd Legacy GT Wagon (factory 5mt, ej20g)
93 rhd Legacy GT type S2 Sedan (4eat, ej20g)
91 rhd Legacy Ti Type S 1.8
03 Lincoln LS V8 Sport
08 300 SRT8
Hyena
In Neutral

Post by Hyena »

I don't really race too often but I get frustrated at people trying to cut lights, because of this....

I'm in my bone stock 1993 Legacy L AWD Wagon (2.2 liter N/A)

Killed:

1995ish BMW 318
1999ish BMW 325
1980's Chevy Ceyanne truck petrol
Mazda Miata

Killed By:
1990's JDM Nissan Silvia
brand new BMW 330Ci
93' Legacy L AWD Wagon- Teal Metallic - Auto
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

Me: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm

Them: kid driving a brand spankin' new mustang

I was sitting there innocent like waiting for the light to change to green, they pulled up in the lane next to me. Did the whole rev and inch forward deal at me. Silly kid...

Anywho, I won because it was simply a race to around 60mph at that point he had to merge into my lane as his lane ended.

I need to put that big carb on my bike...
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
SLODRIVE
Third Gear

Post by SLODRIVE »

Hee hee... I normally mind my own business in traffic, but I somehow got lured into it today.

Me: The white SS, EJ20H/TD04, 13# boost, carrying about 150 pounds of stuff from Harbor Freight.

Him: Charcoal RX-8, stock 232HP I assume, nice wheels.

We were the first cars at a red light, 55MPH zone in front of us. "Is that a Subaru? How much boost you running?" "Yup. 13 lbs of boost." ( :roll: ) The light turned green, we both took off, and I ran away from him. At the next light, he rolled it down and shouted, "I had nothing but wheelspin!" I smiled at him; fair enough, it was a bit damp. A few miles later, the traffic cleared, and we went at it from 40 to about 70 twice. I know he was really trying...I'm sure I heard that rotary spin well above 8k...but it wasn't enough to keep the crappily spray-painted SS from walking him both times, Chinese-made junk in the trunk and all.

A few miles after all that, he rolled his window down, looking more than a little unhappy with his ride. I felt kinda sorry for him, so I said, "You should take that car to the road course. I'll bet it'll be great there." His answer- "You probably need a driver's license to race there, huh?"
http://www.slodriveracing.com
-92 SS 5MT- EJ20H swap, Haltech standalone ECU, TD04, FXT TMIC, 3" exhaust, STi/AGX struts, JDM 5-speed, 4.111 LSD rear, Blitz EBC, etc.
-'93 L Wagon - Pink Roll Cage - "Dirty Leg"
-And more!
smh0101
Fifth Gear

Post by smh0101 »

SLODRIVE wrote:Hee hee... I normally mind my own business in traffic, but I somehow got lured into it today.

Me: The white SS, EJ20H/TD04, 13# boost, carrying about 150 pounds of stuff from Harbor Freight.

We were the first cars at a red light, 55MPH zone in front of us. "Is that a Subaru? How much boost you running?" "Yup. 13 lbs of boost." ( :roll: ) The light turned green, we both took off, and I ran away from him. At the next light, he rolled it down and shouted, "I had nothing but wheelspin!" I smiled at him; fair enough, it was a bit damp. A few miles later, the traffic cleared, and we went at it from 40 to about 70 twice. I know he was really trying...I'm sure I heard that rotary spin well above 8k...but it wasn't enough to keep the crappily spray-painted SS from walking him both times, Chinese-made junk in the trunk and all.

A few miles after all that, he rolled his window down, looking more than a little unhappy with his ride. I felt kinda sorry for him, so I said, "You should take that car to the road course. I'll bet it'll be great there." His answer- "You probably need a driver's license to race there, huh?"
:lol:

But he probably meant a competitors license... I hope :-O
~Spencer
03 Lincoln LS V8 Sport
08 300 SRT8
farfrumwork
Second Gear

Post by farfrumwork »

SLODRIVE wrote:Hee hee... I normally mind my own business in traffic, but I somehow got lured into it today.

Nice.

Did the guy have personal plates that read "Z88M" or something to that effect? if so it was the same guy I've played with (and with the same results, see up a few posts^^).
He with must live in Louisville (our encounters were on my way home), or near by, and I know he works in Gunbarrel (as do I) - I've seen him coming and going from across 63rd.

I keep looking for you around here slowdrive. I'll look for a spray painted SS I guess
New - 07 Spec B/stg 2

farfrumwork
Second Gear

Post by farfrumwork »

Another add on.

I keep pace with a black Stg2 LGT sedan. He says Cobb tuned stg2 (off the shelf map I assume) and that it was 300hp (BHP I would think).

We did a few pulls from a slow roll (1st gear) to 70mph or so. I can't say I pulled on him at all - pretty dead even. I'm good with that 8) .

I had chased him a few times before with similar results (even), but this time we actually got to speak a bit. Nice dude. Nice car.
New - 07 Spec B/stg 2

douglas vincent
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by douglas vincent »

Getting onto a closed course onramp (I alert the police ahead of time and they shut down traffic for me :))I pull in ahead of a black STI fairly quickly, he catches up fast enough I know he wants to play. :twisted:

I keep it in third till he is about 3-4 cars lengths behind and hammer it. He did as well, but the car lengths kept growing and I took it into 5th and kept on the throttle and backed off after a few seconds in high gear. He slid by but no contact as I was taking the next onramp.

I wonder what he thought? ;-)
Reddevil, Awaiting new heart, will it ever happen?
1990 wagon, EJ25 12.3 @ 116.5 FAST Family wagon getting new motor soon
1992 wagon, wifes daily, high compression
1992 Touring wagon, should I keep it?
n2x4
Fourth Gear

Post by n2x4 »

douglas vincent wrote:closed course onramp
:lol:
SUBARUEHS Racing
douglas vincent
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by douglas vincent »

Murdered a 5 series BMW today. It was simply happy time!

Twentysomething is following me on I-205 north and I can tell he is "fast". I let him know I am pretty fast as well by taking off in front of him to the top of 4th and then slowing down and getting in the middle lane.

He catches up and paces me and nudges it a little. I drop to third at about 60-65 and simply murder him to about 80ish.

I slow back down to the speed limit and he pulls up along side and he and his buddy are laughing and give me the thumbs up! I just grin and nod.
Reddevil, Awaiting new heart, will it ever happen?
1990 wagon, EJ25 12.3 @ 116.5 FAST Family wagon getting new motor soon
1992 wagon, wifes daily, high compression
1992 Touring wagon, should I keep it?
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

which car was that in doug? haha thats awesome though I can't wait til I can do that. Might take awhile though
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
smh0101
Fifth Gear

Post by smh0101 »

Wasted another honda across the 205 bridge heading back from Dougs... and an 06 or 07 WRX on Andresen tonight...

Raped the honda... like... slaughtered... as in almost felt bad... but then I thought... "well its his own fault for being stupid and buying one :-D

It was really funny... He downed it all the way to third... and I left it in 5th :lol:

What sound does a honda make when it drives by?

MMMMMMMMMMMGAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Killed the WRX by a decent amount. He had a fart can but I'm guessing that was it.
~Spencer
03 Lincoln LS V8 Sport
08 300 SRT8
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

farfrumwork wrote:Another add on.

I keep pace with a black Stg2 LGT sedan. He says Cobb tuned stg2 (off the shelf map I assume) and that it was 300hp (BHP I would think).

We did a few pulls from a slow roll (1st gear) to 70mph or so. I can't say I pulled on him at all - pretty dead even. I'm good with that 8) .

I had chased him a few times before with similar results (even), but this time we actually got to speak a bit. Nice dude. Nice car.
You wouldn't happen to have a dark red colored legacy that was driving down south boulder road the other day would you?

I've pretty much parked my legacy, I'll fix it up in the spring and take it to the drag strip but I think I'm done with it for the most part. It's gotten me into trouble from time to time. I had some cop tell me I peeled out merging into traffic from the offramp shifted into third and spun them again before letting off. I'm fighting it and will win but I have a more comfortable and low key ride now.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
impreza_GC8
First Gear

Post by impreza_GC8 »

Beat an EVO with my turbo'ed Outback. Was a good time.
-'97 Outback - EJ25 block/pistons/HLA heads, EJ22T crank/rods/ECU, EJ20G intake manifold/fuel rails/440cc injectors, VF8 @ 11psi. . . . Fuel cut > me