Kills/Killed by...

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

haha that is fuckin awesome!!!!! go subie!
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
epicfail
First Gear

Post by epicfail »

Beat a turbo PTcruiser trying to pass in the truck lane that ended in ~1/8mi. Its only worth mentioning 'cause he had a whole pillar full of gauges, which is pretty funny in itself, and he was majorly pissed when I stayed along side, then pulled in front of him as he was tying to 'merge'.
[quote="RJ93SS"]u fail, epicly[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]Don't do drugs, kids, men may not need nipples, but we look a lot funnier without them.[/quote]
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

haha those things are funny, although I heard they have the same motor as the SRT-4. I dont like either but they definately have potential.
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
epicfail
First Gear

Post by epicfail »

Mattheww044 wrote:haha those things are funny, although I heard they have the same motor as the SRT-4. I dont like either but they definately have potential.
They are built on the neon platform and do share drivetrains.
[quote="RJ93SS"]u fail, epicly[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]Don't do drugs, kids, men may not need nipples, but we look a lot funnier without them.[/quote]
farfrumwork
Second Gear

Post by farfrumwork »

dzx wrote:
farfrumwork wrote:Another add on.

I keep pace with a black Stg2 LGT sedan. He says Cobb tuned stg2 (off the shelf map I assume) and that it was 300hp (BHP I would think).

We did a few pulls from a slow roll (1st gear) to 70mph or so. I can't say I pulled on him at all - pretty dead even. I'm good with that 8) .

I had chased him a few times before with similar results (even), but this time we actually got to speak a bit. Nice dude. Nice car.
You wouldn't happen to have a dark red colored legacy that was driving down south boulder road the other day would you?

I've pretty much parked my legacy, I'll fix it up in the spring and take it to the drag strip but I think I'm done with it for the most part. It's gotten me into trouble from time to time. I had some cop tell me I peeled out merging into traffic from the offramp shifted into third and spun them again before letting off. I'm fighting it and will win but I have a more comfortable and low key ride now.

Yup, Winestone (with either bronze wrx bugeye wheels or graphite RS 6-spokes). I'm on S. Boulder frequently.
Old - '93 T-Leg - 14.693 @ 92.68 at 5800ft ASL (Bandimere Speedway)
New - 07 Spec B/stg 2

"bloodstains - speed kills -fast cars - cheap thrills -rich girls - fine wine
i've lost my sense - i've lost control - i've lost my mind" Agent Orange
92ss satinsvoice
Third Gear

Post by 92ss satinsvoice »

cupple days ago i was driving down division in p-town in my lego. modded 09 STi tryin to run me, but couldnt really get a clear road.

i was rolling at 35 and he hit the gas. it didnt seem like i would of lost if i had a clear road but who can say.. anyways it was fun :-D .

cant wait to have another chance to run an STi!!
Andy
94 L n/a 5spd, Rip
92 ss burgundy, weekend toy - owner since 2006
mods: too much to list, lost track after $16,000
91 ss champagne - Rip
93 L wagon - Sold (in the family)
97 OBW LTD - Sold (in the family)
88 Leon GL Hatchback - DD
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

if only you told us your mods!!
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

epicfail wrote:Beat a turbo PTcruiser trying to pass in the truck lane that ended in ~1/8mi. Its only worth mentioning 'cause he had a whole pillar full of gauges, which is pretty funny in itself, and he was majorly pissed when I stayed along side, then pulled in front of him as he was tying to 'merge'.
It wasn't this guy was it? :lol:

Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

im just gonna say WOW. For the most part, body kits are gay enough as it is, but a PT cruiser... ugh.. Don't get me wrong everyone has their own taste and i respect that... but if I HAD to drive one of those, I would do nothing besides get limo tint on it so nobody could see me
92ss satinsvoice
Third Gear

Mattheww044 wrote:if only you told us your mods!!

NEVER!! AHAHAHAH!!!

50trim garrett turbo runnin 20psi
22 block .020 over for pistons
stock crank
eagle rods
wiseco pistons
20g intake manifold
96 LGT 25d heads - stock for now
FMIC with hks bov
invida exhaust
stand alone
255 pump
565 injectors
AEM wideband
act HD clutch set up bla bla bla. lol theres more but im tired from running around today.
Andy
94 L n/a 5spd, Rip
91 ss champagne - Rip
douglas vincent
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by douglas vincent »

You and I have to do a pull some day Andy.....
Reddevil, Awaiting new heart, will it ever happen?
1990 wagon, EJ25 12.3 @ 116.5 FAST Family wagon getting new motor soon
1992 wagon, wifes daily, high compression
1992 Touring wagon, should I keep it?
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

ever that beast on the dyno??
92ss satinsvoice
Third Gear

douglas vincent wrote:You and I have to do a pull some day Andy.....

hell ya dude id be down to run ya. i have a few friends that have been wanting to run me for over a year lol. the fastest one in the group is my buddys 93 twin turbo supra. has really bad traction isues but what supra doen't? so i might have a chance...

Mattheww044 wrote:ever that beast on the dyno??
nope, not yet. not really sure was my power is. ive had a younger guy in a 98 corvette back down one time. i couldn't beleve it!
Andy
94 L n/a 5spd, Rip
91 ss champagne - Rip
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

haha thats so awesome! I can't wait til my car is up there. Lots of learning, money, and time though before that can happen haha
92ss satinsvoice
Third Gear

still needs more power, but as is, it sure scoots. its fun to drive but it sure has got me in alot of truble for the passed 4 and half years.

theres tons of info on here so start reading up! :D
Andy
94 L n/a 5spd, Rip
91 ss champagne - Rip
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

Got killed by an SR swapped 240, I think.

We were on a one lane road and he was able to stay pretty close to me the entire time. So he was either able to just keep up or possibly able to smoke me.

:(
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

92ss satinsvoice wrote:still needs more power, but as is, it sure scoots. its fun to drive but it sure has got me in alot of truble for the passed 4 and half years.

theres tons of info on here so start reading up! :D
O trust me, I know, I am just short on money... otherwards I would have the full stage 2 RT chip set-up, which isn't anything CRAZY, but its sure a hell of a step up from stock. It will do for now, and once I get out of school I should be making decent money, and will be doing body work and paint so It will be alot cleaner! :D
douglas vincent
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by douglas vincent »

Destroyed a Lexus SC400.

I was out tuning the new E85 map and was just going home, when he pulls up next to me. So I had to go back on the freeway.

It was a lowered one, clean, driven by some kid with his girl friend. I let him get a 1/2 car start..... He didnt know he was racing until he heard my wagon, then he must have given it all he had, but it was never enough.

15 car lengths by the time I shifted to 4th.... And he must have been trying as he did a flyby when I slowed down.
Reddevil, Awaiting new heart, will it ever happen?
1990 wagon, EJ25 12.3 @ 116.5 FAST Family wagon getting new motor soon
1992 wagon, wifes daily, high compression
1992 Touring wagon, should I keep it?
farfrumwork
Second Gear

Re: Kills/Killed by...

Post by farfrumwork »

Got to play with a brand new 2010 V6 Mustang (305hp) convertible.

It was an auto, and a woman was driving.

We take off from a light, normal pace - then she must have decided to "show me who's boss" or something and punched it.
I was ready and did the same in 1st @ ~15mph, spooled instantly, but she had the jump (my nose at her tail :wink: not like that you pervs :lol: ) anyway I shift hard to second and pulled up on her side to even it up by the top of 2nd gear. She gave a hillarious head snapping second take as she was looking over, likely to see me gone, but to find me right there in my old ass Leggy.

Sleepers = THE BEST!!

good time, good times 8)
Old - '93 T-Leg - 14.693 @ 92.68 at 5800ft ASL (Bandimere Speedway)
New - 07 Spec B/stg 2

"bloodstains - speed kills -fast cars - cheap thrills -rich girls - fine wine
i've lost my sense - i've lost control - i've lost my mind" Agent Orange
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

sleepers are the best by far. Looks are the last thing im worried about
Danny-G
Fourth Gear

Post by Danny-G »

killed a early 2000 hyundai tiburon in may(car was a little dirty)...he was getting smaller in my rear view mirror and i was only doing 125 in my 93 4eat sedan, and a few weeks later killed the same car again going east on highway 101, i did my first "fool the other driver" (alittle on that), he was in front of me(i came up behind him) and we both needed the left lane to turn at the same spot so i figured ill try passing him, he blocked me so i switched back quickly but got blocked again, now im getting tired of being blocked so i (get this) signaled for the right lane, and half way into the right lane i cut to the left and finally passed him...this was all going on at 80-90 and near the state patrol office...no staters in the area thankfully. i havent seen the car lately, last i heard it was for sale...i think i embarresed him with my legacy haha
Danny
biggreen96 wrote:well get out there and smash that geo around and get comfy.
1993 Legacy LS Awd: lifted, 4eat, higher mileage, and dirty.
1994 Legacy Turbo wagon: rwd, 4eat, and a faint knock..
1992 Legacy postal: bone stock, 4eat, blown reverse.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Sounds pretty dangerous.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Redlined
Fourth Gear

Post by Redlined »

Acura Integra. White. Chormish rims. lowered. loud ass exhaust. Wearing TypeR badges though im pretty sure they where aftermarket.

pull up behind him at a stoplight in the left turn lane. He raps the pipes a bit comming off the line. I shrug it off and follow along. We come up on the SR500 on ramp. He waits till I turn on my signal. and at the last second jerks the steering wheel HARD and opens up. "silly front digger" I think to myself. I slow just enough, Turn in smoothly and accelerate through the corner pulling within 2 carlengths. I hear him open up his exhaust roaring with the fury of a quartet of Leaf blowers. I im the throttle enough for the turbo to start spooling but not at max pressure. Engine still isnt running right so she coughs a bit when I top 1st. He shifts hard, body rolling with the sudden less than delicate aplication of the clutch. I push in a little deeper and know I have him overpowered. I considered just trailing him but I wanted to erase from his mind the idea that I was giving everything I got. I open up a little more and suck up behind him, at. He lets off and settles to a cruise either because he knows hes out matched... or possibly wasnt interested in pushing into higher speeds (and I tip my hat to him if thats the case). As we merge onto the Freeway I kick over and pull up on him keeping her in third so he would get a nice good listen to the turbo before I settle into a nice cruise in 4th. The kid and his friend in the passenger seat are all eyes. "thats it buddy. get a good look at a real car" I think to myself. I roll gently passed him... maybe 5mph faster than hes going. He puts forth no further resistance, suitably cowed.

I don't generally buy into streetracing. and would like to state the entire "race" occurred on a freeway onramp at less than the posted limit. I only exceded the speed limit once we where on the free way to over take him.
Dave

Post by ggbox69 »

Kill: B8 Audi A4, looked lowered so possibly some mods

Came up behind him at a red light that leads straight onto a wide connecting highway in my town, lots of racing goes down here. I figured he'd ring it out so got ready, nobody got on the highway ahead of us so I know the coast was clear. He puttered away from the light but jumped on it at about 20, I was right on his ass up to about 60, then I started pulling on him, was next to him at 80 and stopped at about 110, he was about 3 cars back.

We chilled for a while, then he tried to blow past me with a running start but couldn't get it done. Finally he came up along side at about 70 and we beeped it off. It was basically a dead heat through 4th gear, but in 5th I pulled about 2 cars up to 120.

Once we got into some traffic he pulled along side me and threw a big thumbs up out the window and we went our separate ways.
1994 Wagon - Turbo swapped DD
EJ22T, 3'' TBE, Apexi Intake, Spec Clutch, H&R's, Robtune, VF39, 550's, Walbro, V2 STI Top Mount, AEM Wideband
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

So, here's what I've figured out about the B4 RSK: it's rubbish off the line, but it is NOT to be fucked with on the highway.

I did have a friend with an 05 STi with an FMIC and other unknown mods (boost unknown as well) slowly pull on me...

... but neither a lightly-modded Mazdaspeed 3, nor a 350Z with an exhaust, nor a stock 370Z have been able to pass me.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok