Chip for stock ECU!

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Re: Chip for stock ECU!

Post by kimokalihi »

You and everybody else on the forum. Grab a ticket and have a seat lol.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Boostedballs
First Gear

Post by Boostedballs »

Hmm, so I wonder which is worse on the stock ecm:

current config- vf39 with stock 370cc injectors and stock MAF.

or

vf39 with 550cc injectors on the Jecs MAF.

Currently it runs strong until I really put my foot in it and the injectors go static, then I get 10:1 afr's.
Will it run worse with the later config? I would like to get it ready for some sort of engine management...

Does anyone have experience with this? :?:
Air-to-Water Intercooler, VF-39, 550 injectors, AEM FIC, stainless race header, 3" stainless exhaust, 75hp Nitrous, 150psi H2O injection, intake mods, stock: long block, 4EAT, ecm.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I think it would be worse to run too small of injectors because you'll risk running lean and that's not good.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

There are a hand full of members running the 440cc JDM injectors on the stock MAF & ECU. It runs rich but supports higher HP. The problem is the factory computer cannot scale them back into the 370cc range that the factory injectors are at. Besides, you are going to typically run into fuel cut because of the MAP sensor reading anyway without using a fuel cut defender.
Jason
'92 LSS "Trixie" - TD04, '06 WRX TMIC, Invidia D/P & TXS U/P, 3" APEX'i CBE, custom intake, TXS MBC & BPV
Perrin LCP, WRX & H6 brakes, S/S lines, Cusco H-brace & RSTB, AGX's, Progress springs, SimplySubie fender braces
wtdash
Fifth Gear

Post by wtdash »

Boostedballs wrote:Hmm, so I wonder which is worse on the stock ecm:

vf39 with 550cc injectors on the Jecs MAF.
550 and JECS won't run on the stock ECU/ECM. JECS throws a code (unless you do the ground mod), and runs LEAN in my experience (JECs and 480's), and the ECU can't run the big 550's, although some on here claim it can.

What PSI are U running now?
Turbo Subies:
'87 GL-10 Turbo - SOLD
'90 BJ EJ22T/DOHC & 5speed swap - SOLD
'04 FXT, Forged internals, VF39, STI TMIC, Cobb AP- SOLD
'93 Legacy SS - 5-speed, SOLD :-(
'02 WRX -SOLD
'96 BD-turbo'd-SOLD
'98 SF - NA-T
ScottyS
Second Gear

Post by ScottyS »

Rather than fool around with the stock ECU - if I ever have to switch off the Revtronix that I have for whatever reason, I would seriously look into modding an EJ20G ECU into the car (not hard) and have that guy on NASIOC modify his tune for the EJ22T with JECS, injectors, etc. This might have even been done already to a certain extent, or he might be able to tune the EJ22T ECU already because they are so similar.

Might be worth somebody checking into that needs this.
1991 SS build thread: http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=40430
MikeyMeyagi
Second Gear

Post by MikeyMeyagi »

ScottyS wrote:Rather than fool around with the stock ECU - if I ever have to switch off the Revtronix that I have for whatever reason, I would seriously look into modding an EJ20G ECU into the car (not hard) and have that guy on NASIOC modify his tune for the EJ22T with JECS, injectors, etc. This might have even been done already to a certain extent, or he might be able to tune the EJ22T ECU already because they are so similar.

Might be worth somebody checking into that needs this.
Rob from nasioc is building me a tuned 20G ecu as we speak.
94 Supra Turbo 6 speed. build in progress
98 Lexus GS300, single turbo 2JZGTE swap. daily driver
93 Impreza wagon, home brewed n/a-t ken block themed winter drift missle

*sold*
94 Alpine Sport Wagon... STi conversion, rotated turbo etc
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

You have my interest with the EJ20G computer modded...please someone PM me more info on this. Thanks! I'm likely just gonna utilize the TurboXS Dtec fuel controller I have in the mean time, the only draw back is no adjustment of timing what so ever. :oops: At least I'd be able to monitor IDC and log my fuel trim along with it. I can log my wideband O2 as well with the PLX Devices module I'm using now.
Jason
'92 LSS "Trixie" - TD04, '06 WRX TMIC, Invidia D/P & TXS U/P, 3" APEX'i CBE, custom intake, TXS MBC & BPV
Perrin LCP, WRX & H6 brakes, S/S lines, Cusco H-brace & RSTB, AGX's, Progress springs, SimplySubie fender braces
Florin1
Fourth Gear

Post by Florin1 »

dropdfocus wrote:You have my interest with the EJ20G computer modded...please someone PM me more info on this. Thanks! I'm likely just gonna utilize the TurboXS Dtec fuel controller I have in the mean time, the only draw back is no adjustment of timing what so ever. :oops: At least I'd be able to monitor IDC and log my fuel trim along with it. I can log my wideband O2 as well with the PLX Devices module I'm using now.
+1
1994 Legacy Sport Sedan.
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan.
Tommio RS
Second Gear

Post by Tommio RS »

So has anyone herd anything from Revtronix??? Like anything...

I was super stoked when these "Chips" were getting developed and there looked like there was some promise here. But now i dunno what to think now!

I still hope that the chips come out....

If ANYONE has some new info please share.
93 Legacy Turbo AT Sliver Stock, Ultra Rotty Body
93 Legacy Turbo MT Silver Rob Tune 550cc Lowered GT28 AWIC 4.11 05 Leg GT rims Mint body
95 Chevy Corvette MT ZR-1 Black X Brace Chipped
94 Legacy Turbo AT Blue Stock SOLD
06 Pontiac G6 AT Green Stock SOLD
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

There are so many people on the e-mail list waiting to hear something its ridiculous,if something happens you will know it! Personally im sick of seeing this thread in my unread posts list just to see people posting their impatience.It looks like if you have another option you should probably go with it.If anyone can let there business slide this bad for this long you may not want the stuff anyways - if there is ever a problem with your part,you might wait 6 months for service lol.
94SS.Wiseco forged pistons,TD04,TMIC,WALBRO 225,440's,3" all the way,revtronix stage 2,enough other crap to fill the internet.

THE TRIBUTE BUILD>>>LINKY LINK>>> http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=295455#295455
brand
First Gear

Post by brand »

at this point my dollars are going elsewhere, even if Mike comes back
91 SS with a bunch of parts waiting on the shelf
94 SS with things and such
08 STI with stuff and junk
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

gijonas wrote:There are so many people on the e-mail list waiting to hear something its ridiculous,if something happens you will know it! Personally im sick of seeing this thread in my unread posts list just to see people posting their impatience.It looks like if you have another option you should probably go with it.If anyone can let there business slide this bad for this long you may not want the stuff anyways - if there is ever a problem with your part,you might wait 6 months for service lol.
These are my thoughts. And do you really trust a product from someone this dedicated to it? I know I don't, I'll look elsewhere if I need any kind of tuning.
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

These are my thoughts. And do you really trust a product from someone this dedicated to it? I know I don't, I'll look elsewhere if I need any kind of tuning.
I admit i do have the revtronix stage 2 in my car and am fairly happy with it and WAS waiting for the user chip,i now will go elsewhere and probly just get a standalone and get it over with,even if revtronix does come back to life I wouldnt get the chip.
94SS.Wiseco forged pistons,TD04,TMIC,WALBRO 225,440's,3" all the way,revtronix stage 2,enough other crap to fill the internet.

THE TRIBUTE BUILD>>>LINKY LINK>>> http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=295455#295455
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

So if revtronix came back and had a much cheaper option that would allow you to tune it and such you wouldn't consider it? It's not like revtronix has a whole bunch of competition... All other options involve wiring, and much more $$.
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

you wouldn't consider it?
I dunno.I just know if it came out sooner i would have bought it,and if I had an issue with it and wanted to talk to who made it for the span of time all this crap has been going on - I'd be pissed.

Tommio RS
Second Gear

Post by Tommio RS »

So if revtronix came back and had a much cheaper option that would allow you to tune it and such you wouldn't consider it? It's not like revtronix has a whole bunch of competition... All other options involve wiring, and much more $$.
I agree with ericem.

If revtronix comes back from the grave i still think for the price its worth it.

Im keeping my hopes up. I dont care what anyones says about this. I have had parts in my basement for 2 years now and the more i wait the better the end result will be. I just like to know what what around here.

Aswell i just think he didnt realize what a massive difference this small chip would make in people lives. He didnt know that there was zero support and he was a lone wanderer there. So i think he got to big to fast and that kinda changed his life...
93 Legacy Turbo MT Silver Rob Tune 550cc Lowered GT28 AWIC 4.11 05 Leg GT rims Mint body
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

ericem wrote:So if revtronix came back and had a much cheaper option that would allow you to tune it and such you wouldn't consider it? It's not like revtronix has a whole bunch of competition... All other options involve wiring, and much more $$.
It'd still be a little sketchy to me, I've seen things like this many times, and it doesn't instill faith for me in the product, and also makes me wonder if I should be sending money to these people trusting that I'll get something. It's all very unprofessional.

I was sketched out to begin with from the lack of dynos, which still aren't there from the manufacturer, so this just adds to it.

And another minor detail is the guys name is all to similar to an ordeal I went through with headers on my e30 from a guy with username "Budget Beater"(note the OP is Turbo Beater), and it was the same situation with half the people not trusting the guy at all, and the other half going "this is great you're crazy." I happened to be one of the ones who bought it and was not happy with the asshole, but I won't go too far in to detail because I don't think this is him, still in the back of my mind though.
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

We don't know that something unfortunate didn't happen to the guy, either. But it just serves to illustrate the fragility of a one-man operation.
What we need is for another member to figure out how to flash the chips in our ECU and also to find or create programming to create the tune and everything else that goes into a chip.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

I'm sure that if Vikash was still on the board as a regular he'd have it figured out...but he's very busy with his own life and doesn't dip into the Subarus much at all these days.
Jason
Tommio RS
Second Gear

Post by Tommio RS »

What we need is for another member to figure out how to flash the chips in our ECU and also to find or create programming to create the tune and everything else that goes into a chip.
I Agree!!!

If i knew how eeprom and eprom worked i would be ALL OVER that!! I just need to find someone to teach me.

Aswell i have access to like everything ever made for subaru!!!

Like SSM1,2,3 and piles and pile of cartridges. So in saying the im sad to say i have NEVER hooked my car to the SSM1.... It kinda slipped my mind. LOL

I love working at the dealer!

So ya anyone have a guide to eeprom? Like some VRC repair or something?
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

ugh, this sucks. Im FINALLY ready for a stage 2 chip, and still no word from him.... damnit!
MikeyMeyagi
Second Gear

Post by MikeyMeyagi »

I have my chipped EJ20G ecu i bought from Rob on nasioc, just waiting for the time to convert to twin ignitors, install the yellowtops and jecs maf and i will have some results for you guys about this option....
94 Supra Turbo 6 speed. build in progress
98 Lexus GS300, single turbo 2JZGTE swap. daily driver
93 Impreza wagon, home brewed n/a-t ken block themed winter drift missle

*sold*
94 Alpine Sport Wagon... STi conversion, rotated turbo etc
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

This sounds promising.
Jason
ScottyS
Second Gear

Post by ScottyS »

MikeyMeyagi wrote:I have my chipped EJ20G ecu i bought from Rob on nasioc, just waiting for the time to convert to twin ignitors, install the yellowtops and jecs maf and i will have some results for you guys about this option....
Yes, this is what I was thinking. Let us know how it goes.

I have not looked into this at all, but I am sort of under the assumption that if Rob can flash a chip on the EJ20G ECU that he could do it on the Legacy ECU as well. As far as starting maps go, well, a lot of that is figured out already if he could read one of the Revtronix chips.
1991 SS build thread: http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=40430