Chip for stock ECU!

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Re: Chip for stock ECU!

Post by dropdfocus »

Yes, but there is no reason to go and rip of Mike @ Revtronix by stealing his info from an already burnt chip. That's just not good practice.
Jason
'92 LSS "Trixie" - TD04, '06 WRX TMIC, Invidia D/P & TXS U/P, 3" APEX'i CBE, custom intake, TXS MBC & BPV
Perrin LCP, WRX & H6 brakes, S/S lines, Cusco H-brace & RSTB, AGX's, Progress springs, SimplySubie fender braces
ScottyS
Second Gear

Post by ScottyS »

dropdfocus wrote:Yes, but there is no reason to go and rip of Mike @ Revtronix by stealing his info from an already burnt chip. That's just not good practice.
Whoa, not talking about "ripping" off anybody. I will be the first one to continue to work with Mike if he surfaces, I liked the guy based on my emails and forum exchanges with him, and his chips were going in the right direction. I was one of the first people to buy the first release of his product.

I am under the impression that he was probably talented enough to get a much better job in the tech industry elsewhere, and unfortunately did not leave any fallback plan for those of us who were the early adopters of his Legacy chip endeavors. The only other possibility is that he saw that this was going to take a lot more time than it was worth, and dropped the project.

Either way, there were a lot of people left in limbo. Mine was pretty much 90% tuned to my car, so I can live with it. Others have had issues, and if my chip goes bad at some point I am SOL. If I (or others) can salvage our projects through any reasonable means, then everybody wins.

Seriously, if you want to start throwing out the "ripped off" phrase, it can arguably be applied to everyone who configured their cars for an experimental product that is no longer supported and was just getting out of "beta" mode........

Again, if Mike resurfaces, I will work with him first on any future tuning issues.
1991 SS build thread: http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=40430
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

No offense taken to your above statement. I'd personally like to see Mike move forward with his progress on these chips. I was ready to drop the cash for the U/P chip in a heartbeat. If the flashed EJ20G computers work out, I'll be down for going that direction just so I don't have to piss around with wiring in a bunch of crap.
Jason
'92 LSS "Trixie" - TD04, '06 WRX TMIC, Invidia D/P & TXS U/P, 3" APEX'i CBE, custom intake, TXS MBC & BPV
Perrin LCP, WRX & H6 brakes, S/S lines, Cusco H-brace & RSTB, AGX's, Progress springs, SimplySubie fender braces
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

If someone was capable of doing so,the mapping on mikes chips could be "stolen" purely for the purpose of having a starting point to build on.That would be honest enough in my opinion,not that any tune is really intellectual property anyways,these are just numbers that perform a task.
94SS.Wiseco forged pistons,TD04,TMIC,WALBRO 225,440's,3" all the way,revtronix stage 2,enough other crap to fill the internet.

THE TRIBUTE BUILD>>>LINKY LINK>>> http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=295455#295455
brand
First Gear

Post by brand »

gijonas wrote:If someone was capable of doing so,the mapping on mikes chips could be "stolen" purely for the purpose of having a starting point to build on.That would be honest enough in my opinion,not that any tune is really intellectual property anyways,these are just numbers that perform a task.
Exactly. This sort of reverse engineering is explicitly protected under copyright. If someone can reverse engineer it, it's fair game. http://www.chillingeffects.org/reverse/
91 SS with a bunch of parts waiting on the shelf
94 SS with things and such
08 STI with stuff and junk
Florin1
Fourth Gear

Post by Florin1 »

Then someone with skills should. Yes. That would be most excellent...
1994 Legacy Sport Sedan.
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan.
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

hmmmm, i am beginning to wonder if he is ever gonna start the business back up.... which really throws a twist into the plan of my build. But I guess you kind of have to expect that when building a car
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Don't count on it. Check out other piggybacks and also check out the modded EJ20G ecu over on NASIOC. I haven't looked it up yet but I'm going to.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

well, I think im just gonna go standalone, it will take quite a bit of money, but it will be worth it. My buddy has the Autronics I think its called out of Australia, I believe NICO has it as well, Im looking at getting one of those when the funds are more plantiful :D
MikeyMeyagi
Second Gear

Post by MikeyMeyagi »

running a RobTuned EJ20G ecu WORKS. car runs mint at 15psi, no knock no skips.
94 Supra Turbo 6 speed. build in progress
98 Lexus GS300, single turbo 2JZGTE swap. daily driver
93 Impreza wagon, home brewed n/a-t ken block themed winter drift missle

*sold*
94 Alpine Sport Wagon... STi conversion, rotated turbo etc
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

How much was it and can you link me up to the info on it? Is he still selling them?
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
93Leg-c
Fourth Gear

Post by 93Leg-c »

Just a thought but maybe Mikey can start a new thread about the RobTuned EJ20G ecu?
'94 TW
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Good idea, I think the RobECU needs to have it's own thread assuming it's a worthy investment.
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

shoot me a link to this modded 20g ecu as well.
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I'd recommend a Link ECU over the Autronics. You can pick up a G3 Plus for probably less money and then pay to have the firmware upgraded to a G4.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
LookAsubie
First Gear

Post by LookAsubie »

So what is the deal with revtronix as of now?

My birthday is on thursday so i will have some cash flow in which i planned on buying either the stage 2 chip, or a bigger turbo & injectors, and/or both..

if the revtronix chips are no longer available i will be a.... :cry: crying sprocket or whatever the hell that is lol.. but seriously.
1992 legacy SS 5mt, Winestone Metallic.
rob
First Gear

Post by rob »

Feel like I'm tip toeing in a mine field .....:)

So yes, same Rob as on Nasioc. As Mike said he convinced me to let him try one of my modded EJ20G ECU tunes on his super nice wagon. I popped over to look at his build thread and low and behold I stumbled on this thread. If you guys want to start a new thread with questions, I'll do my best to answer them. I am not sure what vendor rules you guys have on this board so hopefully I won't get myself into trouble over here.

-Rob

EDIT: I just took a look at my profile....joined in 2003 and it's my first post! Wow, that's just sad....
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I'm certainly interested in your EJ20G ECU. I just haven't researched it yet.
93Leg-c
Fourth Gear

Post by 93Leg-c »

rob wrote: I just took a look at my profile....joined in 2003 and it's my first post! Wow, that's just sad....
Heh heh, better late than never! :-D

Welcome!
'94 TW
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

rob wrote:I am not sure what vendor rules you guys have on this board so hopefully I won't get myself into trouble over here.

-Rob
We're pretty relaxed over here as far as vendor rules are concerned. If you would like to start a technical thread to answer questions, feel free. If you would like to sell your services/ecu modding, let me know and I'll add you to the vendor group, which will allow you to start threads in the vendor forum.

Thanks
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
rob
First Gear

Post by rob »

Thanks for the clarification Josh. That is a lot friendlier approach to these type of community driven side projects. In the near future, I'll start a new thread and discuss technical details of my chip tune.

-Rob
brand
First Gear

Post by brand »

rob wrote:Thanks for the clarification Josh. That is a lot friendlier approach to these type of community driven side projects. In the near future, I'll start a new thread and discuss technical details of my chip tune.

-Rob
I am excited to learn more about this option.
91 SS with a bunch of parts waiting on the shelf
94 SS with things and such
08 STI with stuff and junk
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

me too
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
rob
First Gear

Post by rob »

Ok. I'll work on posting the details. It might take a little bit as there is quite a bit to excrete from my brain and put into text. It's a slow and messy process unfortunately.

-Rob
Florin1
Fourth Gear

Post by Florin1 »

+5 on the ECU. Hey Rob, can the ej22t ecu be modified as the 20g's? I bet you'd have a line of us...

Where shall we look for updates in the future? In this post?
1994 Legacy Sport Sedan.
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan.