Import Image Racing

Got a new part? Is it the best thing you've ever seen? Is it a complete ripoff? Let us know about your parts and service.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

07Evolved
Second Gear

Import Image Racing

Post by 07Evolved »

I recently decided to buy a part from Josh for my '91 Legacy. Never in my life have I dealt with such awful customer service and disrespect. I am no noob to the world of Subaru or the automobile aftermarket industry. I have to say, my experience with Josh has been nothing but putrid.

He may have some very low prices, respond quickly to emails, etc. But let me tell ALL of you this in certain fact....he is a parts slinger and nothing more. His business model and customer service skills will eventually catch up to him. He may acquire a lot of first time buyers with his "oh" so low prices, but if you ever interact with him or if you have a problem or question, he will cower at any direct question and feed you with a meaningless and indirect answer.

I highly encourage anyone that still thinks customer service and respect is important in business to STAY AWAY FROM JOSH AND IMPORT IMAGE RACING.

I have never in my life experienced anything as degrading and demeaning as I have with Josh. As a matter of fact, his example should prove to us all on how not to run a business.

The good businesses in this industry are ones that not only sling parts, but they also provide excellent customer service and knowledge about the service and parts they sell.

Thank you all very much,
Brad
Brad

1991 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon 5MT (DD)
2000 Outback 5MT (DD)
2005 AW STi
2010 LGT (hers)
1998 Outback (her DD)

Build Thread
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Re: Import Image Racing

Post by 93forestpearl »

What happened?
→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m
07Evolved
Second Gear

Post by 07Evolved »

Basically, I ordered a Walbro fuel pump for my car and he sent me just the pump. I emailed him and asked him about the install kit and if it was supposed to come with it or not because it looked like it was supposed to on the website. He kept avoiding my questions and he didn't try and resolve the situation. He kept answering me with short, smart-ass answers and never offered to remedy the situation. He didn't give a crap basically. He told me that Subaru's don't need an install kit and I sent him a pic of the old and new fuel pump because I definitely do need an install kit with that necessary hardware. He kept avoiding my valid points and would answer with smart-ass answers like "well you ordered a fuel pump so that's what i sent you." He never tried to really help me out or resolve my problem. He was happy with the money he made and wanted to move on.
Brad

1991 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon 5MT (DD)
2000 Outback 5MT (DD)
2005 AW STi
2010 LGT (hers)
1998 Outback (her DD)

Build Thread
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Get a refund. Send him back the pump and buy one here with the install kit for $95 shipped. I just got mine today. Make sure he agrees to it and get delivery confirmation.

Walbro255.com

http://www.walbro255.com/255-lph-high-p ... 59801.html
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Just to note.....I am NOT the Josh associated with Import Image Racing.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

That's a crappy situation. I ordered a fuel pump WITH install kit from Import Image Racing, and it worked out fine for me.
90 L+ wgn
UI Vandal
In Neutral

Post by UI Vandal »

I have ordered a few things thru IIR, no problems at all. Quick responses, got a partial refund 4 days after my order cause I found some obscrure website with a lower price. Might have to be a little more careful when 1. Ordering for older models 2. Making sure each part comes with exactly what you need, seems to be labeled well on teh website.

Doesnt sound like the post sale went well though.
His - 05 Saab 9-2x Aero
Hers - 05 Subaru LGT LMT 5sp Wagon
Autox - 97 Miata Supercharged FOR SALE
Beater - 88 GL DR 5sp