Teaser pic of the rally car.(Biggreen's rally build)

Autocross, Rallycross, ProRally, Drag, WRC, F1 etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

biggreen96
Third Gear

Re: Teaser pic of the rally car.

Post by biggreen96 »

Brap.

Brap Brap.

Brappppppppppppp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YelQ5GYEI4g
You have to drive and you and have to try if you want the win, you don't achieve anything if you just cruise around - Jari-Matti Latvala
Long live the forums! Down with FB!
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Nice!
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Sweet. Looks like it's gonna be a pretty sick rally car. I want an H6 in my car. Trade? lol
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
N1446
Second Gear

Post by N1446 »

this is refreshing. thank you. :smt023
N1446 Brutus
91 Legacy SS 5mt 2.5GT Swap
Legacy GT Suspension, 16" Fozzy Wheels, 2.5RS OBX EL Headers, Gutted Mid-Pipe, Subaru Catback c/w AWD BABY !
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

You're welcome!

Sorry for the lack of updates. Not much going at the moment. The car runs and is drivable but I have taken it back apart to fix things I was unhappy with. I'm going to redo the entire exhaust, and redo the seat mounts for a better position. Also I'm contemplating repainting it. Flat/satin black. This motor uncorked sounds like death approaching, it should look the part too.
You have to drive and you and have to try if you want the win, you don't achieve anything if you just cruise around - Jari-Matti Latvala
kleinkid
Fourth Gear

Post by kleinkid »

Are you going to have the car ready for Doo Wops, Olympus Rally, Oregon Trail in 2011?
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

Yeah it'll be ready by then. I'd like to do Olympus, but I think doo wops is more my price range. I really want to do Oregon trail too because that was the first rally I ever attended back like 7-8 years ago.
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

I'm looking forward to seeing (and hearing) this thing on the stages.
90 L+ wgn
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

Well I spent the weekend in the garage with the car, and got the first half of the exhaust all tacked together and ready to be welded fully. I have it tucked up very close to hopefully keep it intact after jumps and ditches, maybe too close. I have having second thoughts about the distance from the steering rack boot. I plan to wrap this too btw so that should help right? I have never used header wrap before...

Here is the rest of the thing, 2'' aluminized exhaust shop down the street tube, a mandrel bend from summit, and a cheapie magnaflow dual 2'' in single 2.5'' out Y-pipe on the end. I think there is about 70 ish in materials in it.

The sunroof hole has to be patched per the rules so I went and cut a section of roof off a junkyard legacy. Cut a hole in that and placed a vent on top and riveted it all together and onto and over the hole. I laid some extra windshield sealer down before I secured it all so that should keep the water out. And I either want to wrap the roof in white vinyl or wrap the entire car in matte/satin black. That will really make sure no water gets in. Also I could do crazy shit with stickers or paint and preserve the actual paint under the vinyl.

I spent all day saturday replacing my DD wagons muffler with a $80 Magnaflow from Schucks after the dynamax or whatever was on there fucking exploded after I used the lower rev limiter "launch control". It sounds really really good and it's way quiet in the cabin. I recommend it.
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

that exhaust is sick :)
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

If you ever need help with it PM me and I'll see what I can do :D I'm back in Renton until school starts up again though. I have some friends that would be happy to help at Oregon Trail as well
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

Finished the rear section of the exhaust a few days ago but here are pics finally. 2'' to 2.5'' to a cat and no muffler. :twisted:

The back section is tucked up real close too, won't be snagging the exhaust on anything any time soon.
Picked up some cheap gauges, would have loved to get Autometer carbon fiber ones like I have in my DD wagon but I'm trying to go inexpensive as possible.

I hung the front door and hopped in to play around with the gauge placements, I think I'll put the water and oil gauges in the center a/c vents btw, but I shut the door and then couldn't get out. Crawling into the backseat is a BITCH when there is giant X in your way! Sooo.. I needed to trim the handles:

This thing would be finished if I wasn't having to modify EVERY SINGLE SYSTEM on the car! lol
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

Decided I could get all three in the center vent area so I busted out a file and went to work:

They fit very nicely actually, only needed to remove ~1/8 of an inch to make them slide in:

And the back side:

And sent paypal for this today:
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Nice work on jamming them gauges in there. I like it. Nice wheel too.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Are you planning to or are you already using a steering quickener?
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

I definitely have my eye on a Howe racing quickner but I'm not sure about 2:1 or 1.5:1. Any suggestions?
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

I've been thinking that a 1.5:1 would be better due to the Legacy's fairly quick stock ratio and to avoid straight-line twitchy-ness. I don't know if you've seen, but Day motorsports has them for a good price, including the Howe model. They also have good prices on steering wheel quick-releases. Gotta love those circle-track guys keeping the cost of race parts down.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
Florin1
Fourth Gear

Post by Florin1 »

Nice spot for the gauges, that's exactly where i stuck mine too. That steering wheel looks sick. Do you need to get a hub adapter? I too am looking for a nice wheel.
1994 Legacy Sport Sedan.
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan.
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

Yeah an adapter is needed, and the guy has another just like it avail for 110 shipped. It's a $249 new!
Florin1
Fourth Gear

Post by Florin1 »

with adapter?
1994 Legacy Sport Sedan.
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan.
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

Nope. It's an omp Corsica suede btw.
biggreen96
Third Gear

Re: Teaser pic of the rally car.(Biggreen's rally build)

Post by biggreen96 »

I decided instead of buying a bigass aftermarket tach I'd try to make stock stuff work. So I got out my tools of destruction and went to town.

I had the svx cluster so I took it apart and harvested the tach.

Next to it of course is the stock Legacy tach, they are identical in dimension. Mounting points and rear facing dimensions are all wrong though.

Luckily with a multimeter and the wiring diagrams I could identify svx tach power, ground and signal. Legacy tach was all clearly labeled from the factory.

But a couple zip ties and a screw (should have tried to find a black one), and having to hack up the legacy cluster to make the svx fit flush it is solid and ready to rally.

I call the team "RAD Rally" or RAD Racing" and I spotted an opportunity to do a little subtle modding.

Got the wheel the other day too, looks good. Image

Changed the plugs and drove it around a bit today, loud as fuck, with the flywheel it revs so quick it's awesome. I have a bit o hesitation, and browsing the svx forums I discovered a service bulletin addressing a hesitation. The official fix is to take apart the ecu and crush a resistor on the circuit board :shock:
soundman353
In Neutral

Post by soundman353 »

The official fix is to take apart the ecu and crush a resistor on the circuit board
When in doubt really break it... or use a bigger hammer :?
1993 Subaru Legacy Wagon - RIP
1996 Subaru Legacy Outback Wagon - RIP
1995 Subaru Legacy LSi Sedan

Richard wrote:Note - silly puddy does not taste like peanut butter. Trust me.
legacymax
Second Gear

Post by legacymax »

Looking nice!
I love to see legacy rally builds and wish I had a reason to have two rally cars so I could build one. Nice to see another h6 in a rally car too. I will probably see you at some western events in a couple of years.
-Max
94 legacy Silver Touring Wagon now w/ 5spd, Ground Controls, ej20g, rear VLSD, td05, and edms.
95 impreza Rally car. 3.0 H6
88 Toyota fj62 OME lift.
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

You ought to come to Idaho. 150 stages miles is certainly worth the trek up to Boise. The two stages I worked on were so fun to drive I can't wait for this years running.