Lip Kit

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Potter
First Gear

Lip Kit

Post by Potter »

I was looking at the car today wishing I could make it look good. So I'm on a hunt for a lip kit. Please shoot me feed back i need to know what i should get
92 Turbo Legacy 2.2L
96 Explorer 4.0L
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Re: Lip Kit

Post by Apex3 »

Nothing really exists...There are a few things you could make work though
-Aussie kit, I believe just sideskirts and add ons for the rear bumper, will be expensive though.
-06 lips, specifically the V Limited can be modified, but you could probably modify most. Replica V limited can be had for ~$60
-Home Depot garage door seal, ~$10
-Aussie aftermarket front lips, again with the expensive, I believe they're custom too. www.rslibertyclub.org
Aerotech
Fourth Gear

Post by Aerotech »

+1 for the garage door seal. :) If you take your time installing it, it looks the shit, and you don't have to worry about breaking it on curbs. Check out Ebay for pictures of this stuff used as lips... but buy it from HD or Lowes.
Jerry

'04 Passat GLS 4Motion 5MT (Subaru by VW)
'86 Vanagon Syncro Camper Garage Queen
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

Aerotech wrote:+1 for the garage door seal. :) If you take your time installing it, it looks the shit, and you don't have to worry about breaking it on curbs. Check out Ebay for pictures of this stuff used as lips... but buy it from HD or Lowes.
Yes. Do not buy it on ebay, they charge out the ass(comparatively), and all they do is buy it from HD or Lowes anyway

Mine's kinda wavy because the washers I used were too small, so it started to come loose in spots, but you get the idea. Also I believe the corner and middle are falling off in this pic, probably from driving through bushes at the rally :lol:

Subiel94
Second Gear

Post by Subiel94 »

so thats ^^^ garage door seal??
Subiel94
Second Gear

Post by Subiel94 »

also APEX3 i cant seem to find anything like yours online at lowes and home depot. could you possibly show me what it looked like before install. or even a link to it? :)
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

It's rolled up in a plastic bag if you go to the actual store, you really won't have many(any?) options there. I have to by another one soon so I'll get you a pic if you don't find one already.

Actually here it is on ebay, at $30, hence us saying buy it from the hardware store. The double sided tape + screws thing doesn't seem like a bad idea though, hmmm....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/UNIVERSA ... 599wt_1165
Subiel94
Second Gear

Post by Subiel94 »

Oh ok I looked and there was like 10 or 15 different ones. I was surprised. But if you get some new stuff a pic would be nice. Not in a huge hurry to put it on my car it's still cold here an I'm painting the bottom half of my bumpers black. So it's gotta warm up enough for that first. Haha I really like it on your car tho it looks awesome! You think you could put that stuff on te back bumper too?
droveinmylane
In Neutral

Post by droveinmylane »

Someone should get a writeup on this not real sure about the specifics.
thanks ahead of time. :lol:
90 Legacy Wagon N/A.... Newest adventure
1978 Brat......Brumby2
BoostedSubie
Second Gear

Post by BoostedSubie »

I myself was going to get a ebay STi front lip, they look pretty good i think and are cheap. I planned on using Outback sideskirts, they need a little trimming and usually have to be held on by double sided 3m tape but they look good. There is a guy on here with a sweet satin black ss that used a Prelude rear lip i believe, that looks really good, it had to be cut it too. So, really it depends on how much time you want to put into it.
93 Black Legacy SS
93 Legacy
97 Outback- EJ25D/22e frankenmotor
97 Green Outback
97 Red Legacy GT
98 Silver Legacy GT- Pikes Peak build, built EJ22t/205, GT3076r
99 Black Legacy GT wagon
nosyt
Second Gear

Post by nosyt »

check out bmxkelowna's build threads in the Picture and Multimedia Gallery forum he has a full kit on his drift car peiced together from various cars

one model of 94 wagon came with factory side skirts and rear lip in the U.S. so if you are crazy lucky you may be able to find them used

my dealer was able to get factory part numbers for the lips and said he could order them new but are pricey as all hell....i still may order them
scoobylover57
First Gear

Post by scoobylover57 »

U should get those part numbers. Cause I would b very interested in new side skirts and rear lip.
-Nick-
91 lsi with ej22t swap. work in progress. Sold.
92 SS 5spd. stock. Sold.
94 TW. 6 spd. V2 sti ra ej20g. 550's. rob tune.
94 SS 5spd. stock