i just got my g-tech- but its raining

Autocross, Rallycross, ProRally, Drag, WRC, F1 etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

HomeSlice
Third Gear

i just got my g-tech- but its raining

Post by HomeSlice »

anyone else got one? its been raining all day in ny so i cant take it to the parkway. im dying to test it out. cant wait. but its raining all week arghhhh. how accurate are these things? i got mine brand new off ebay for $35. less then a couple of runs at the local track. ill post a review when i done. along with my best times.
cheers,
Jim
MY93BC Legacy Sonora Sand---> black plasti-dip?
MY93GC Impreza Amethyst--> Glacier/aspen/pd White
93BC"edm" 93GC 90BC R.I.P.
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

I think I bid on the same auction as you... I've had it sitting in my car for the past few days. It seems kind of complicated to use for measuring horsepower and stuff.

It's kind of funny... it's such a cheap device... The guys that came up with it just had a good idea and marketed it really well. It's just a microcontroller, an accelerometer, and an LED display. Maybe $10 in parts. And they used to sell for like a hundred bucks!

My datalogger that I'm working on will have "ghetto dyno" function; it uses the RPM pulses and graphs out a torque vs. RPM and horsepower vs. RPM curve. Just need some free time to finish putting it together...
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I have an older one and it seems pretty accurate for acceleration. The only thinng is that it needs to be aimed pretty damn straight or you get junk.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

For the horsepower numbers, etc... you also need to know exactly what your car weighs or those numbers are useless.
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
mTk
no title

Post by mTk »

My friend has one, the older style. It was actually pretty easy to use. I never did do hp or torque since i didn't know how much my car weighs. It was great for 0-60 and 1/4 mile times.

MK
1992 BC672 AWD 5MT
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I never had the chance to bring it down to the dump to get it weighed for HP.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

I just kept bumping the weight up until the numbers looked good :lol:

I found out my car can put down 160 to the wheels completely stock! :twisted:
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Go to a truck scales place. I did that, got three weights. Empty, sorta 1/2 full gas, and full.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm