A couple possibly dumb questions.........

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

guesswho
First Gear

A couple possibly dumb questions.........

Post by guesswho »

Quick rundown I've bought a crap load of parts to put my impreza back together but I really love my legacy and would rather just continue to build it. So here's what I'm working with I have a 100% stock EJ22T that I just put a new oilpump, waterpump, timing belt and tensioner in. I have a VF43 and 06WRX TMIC, can easily get some stock 04-06STi sidefeed injectors, have GT spec header and uppipe and a catted BPM TBE. The mechanical part isn't my problem, I'm just curious if the 06-07 TMIC is efficient enough for the VF43? I have a JECS MAF should I throw that in while I'm at it? What should I do for tuning/engine management? If i was able to get one would revtronix have something that would work for me? I have searched on here but couldn't get really a clear cut answer. Thanks guys I appreciate your help!
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Re: A couple possibly dumb questions.........

Post by beatersubi »

You're combination should work well together, mechanically. The big questions is tuning.
At the very least you'll need a RRFPR. A Robtune would likely be sufficient (for that you'd need a EJ20G ECU). Contact him to see if he has something that would work for your setup. If not, you'd likely need a standalone.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
MikeyMeyagi
Second Gear

Post by MikeyMeyagi »

yes, get ahold of rob. his ecu will give you like stock drivability and reliability. you should be able to get around 225-250whp on those parts id think. the limiting factors will be the sohc heads and the smaller tmic.
94 Supra Turbo 6 speed. build in progress
98 Lexus GS300, single turbo 2JZGTE swap. daily driver
93 Impreza wagon, home brewed n/a-t ken block themed winter drift missle

*sold*
94 Alpine Sport Wagon... STi conversion, rotated turbo etc
dscoobydoo
Fifth Gear

Post by dscoobydoo »

The VF-43 is not too much larger/smaller than the TD-05 that many of us are running, and the STI injectors will work with that set-up.
Like the other guys said, Rob should be able to put together a tune to allow you to run those parts.
The 06 WRX top mount will work for now, and give you between 200-250 CHP based on your tune.

Then I would get the impreza going.
Yes I have too many Subarus
No you can't have one
05 GD-STI
01- RS- Swapped-07 STI
00- GF
93 SS- "the original Robtune" (now in new hands)