Boost controller install pics.

That spinning thing that makes all of the cool noises. OE and Aftermarket.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Thesubielover
Third Gear

Boost controller install pics.

Post by Thesubielover »

I have read this online post several times and it makes sence. Where can I find the boost source? I know the acuator line is around the chimney area, is there just one line I need to plug into or are there two and its one of them? Any help with pics or without is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!
93ss 3inch tbe, Hallman mbc,06 wrx td04, tmic, bov, bugeye seatsStolen x2, sold
93ss Stroker,440cc inj, VF39, '06 TMIC, EJ20G heads & intake, EJ25 crank, 4.11Traded
93ss 4eat, coils, stanced, wraped, flat black, stock show car
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Boost controller install pics.

Post by Legacy777 »

In this picture is the wastegate solenoid (aka boost controller).

http://main.experiencetherave.com/subar ... P_6013.JPG

The two top lines are the lines you want to use with the MBC. The line coming from the compressor side of the turbocharger is your source/inlet to the MBC, while the line going to the turbocharger wastegate actuator is the outlet. The MBC should have arrows for hoses coming in and out. The in arrow will be the inlet from the compressor, while the out arrow will be going to the wastegate actuator.

The third bottom hose on the stock wastegate solenoid is the vent line which goes into the intake silencer (big square box). You can remove that hose from the wastegate solenoid and silencer and put a rubber cap over the nipple on the intake silencer.

Leave the stock wastegate solenoid installed and electrically hooked up. This will keep the ECU happy and the CEL off.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Thesubielover
Third Gear

Post by Thesubielover »

So the two lines that have the while rings around them? Do I just splice those and insert the mbc nipples? Or does one of them go into the waste gate actuator line which is just infront of the chimney. Thanks for the help. Would like to get this things installed before the dyno day, along with my gauge.
93ss Stroker,440cc inj, VF39, '06 TMIC, EJ20G heads & intake, EJ25 crank, 4.11Traded
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Yes, the hoses with the white rings. Make sure you have the input/output hoses setup correctly to the MBC.

No need to splice them, just remove them from the stock wastegate solenoid and stick them onto the MBC nipples/ports. One of those hoses with white rings should go to the wastegate actuator on the turbo...

Try and take a picture once you've got it setup, and I should be able to confirm that way.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

Thesubielover
Third Gear

Post by Thesubielover »

Yeah I see one hose coming out of the solenoid, where is the second one located? I'll take that chimney off tomorrow and try to get them hooked up. I dont need to add in a T fitting or anything? Thanks for the help!
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

The other hose comes off the compressor side of the turbo. Remove the chimney and you'll see where it comes from.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT