Denver based peeps

Discussion of any community projects, meetings and collaborative projects.

Moderator: Moderators

alexandermf
Third Gear

Re: Denver based peeps

Post by alexandermf »

I've been spreading the word to locals and friends on forums. I'm setting an official date of Sunday the 8th, the weekend after the 4th of July. Seems that's when many people will still be in town and plenty of time to request time off from work or make deadlines for our cars! Spread the word and then we can vote on where to meet, where to cruise, and if we are bbqing or going to grab a bite n beer somewhere

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-I hope I'll be here. I may be going to OK on the third or fourth to maybe the sixth, dates subject to change. I'll spread the word tho!

-Joe
-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book. ~Moog
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

i was thinking if everyone else was down to start the meet around noon ish(give or take), meet at red rocks for a lil cruise and photos, then cruise to dtown wherever the best spots are! im from the springs and travel to denver alot, but the local subie owners know the best spots and streets to hit for cruising and cool pictures, figure we could do a lil bbq at red rocks too with dogs and burgers and whathave you
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

http://www.awdpirates.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=59873

Got a thread up on awdpirates

alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

If u look at the pirate thread a few ppl shedding light on better pieces to meet/cruise

alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

So I think it would be great to meet for an all day at the pikes peak hill climb, its literally from the early morning to 8pm, what does everyone think about this?

Doaomo
First Gear

Post by Doaomo »

I think that is not such a great idea. I'm going for the race and to meet up with a few people, the meet should be on a separate day.
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

alexandermf wrote:So I think it would be great to meet for an all day at the pikes peak hill climb, its literally from the early morning to 8pm, what does everyone think about this?

-That sounds far lol!

-Joe
-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book. ~Moog
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

Lol well it honestly doesn't matter to me, ill meet anywhere. Denver to the springs is like an hour so pikes peak shouldn't be too far from where anyone is at, but chime in with what ya think, I'm still down with bbq and chillin somewhere we can also get some gnarly shots

turbo_meow
First Gear

Post by turbo_meow »

I am pretty open right now unless I go with joe to ok
fmic,td04,wideband,3" turbo back exhaust,fuel cut off defence,walbro 255,hks super bov,stock ej22t with 34000 miles all orig.
www.myspace.com/legacyturbo303
www.facebook.com/FrankJoshuaGrasmugg
COTruckin
First Gear

Post by COTruckin »

This meet is starting to get close, have we come up with a final decision on what we would like to do?
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

^I agree. Since not being a Colorado native, I don't really have any suggestions.

-Joe
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

I proposed red rocks, garden of the gods, pikes peak... No one ever chimed in. I for sure have the day off though

CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

alexandermf wrote:I proposed red rocks, garden of the gods, pikes peak... No one ever chimed in. I for sure have the day off though

-Well since garden of the gods is on fire, don't think anyone wants to go there. I don't have a problem with red rocks tho. Maybe look-out mountain? They have a couple spots up there for BBQ-ing I reckon!

-Joe
COTruckin
First Gear

Post by COTruckin »

I think Red Rocks would prob be the most ideal just due to them having some of the best scenery and prob the most available parking for everyone to check out cars, bs and get to know one another. If we don't want to grill burgers or whatever we can always hit up somewhere local to grab a bite to eat.
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

Fires postponed the hill climb too, looks like red rocks seems like the ideal spot, and I'm hella down to grill and bs

COTruckin
First Gear

Post by COTruckin »

I am thinking we should plan this for earlier in the afternoon, looks like we may get some storms on Sunday. Lets try to nail down a time so we can officially get this meet set. I would say prob around 10 or 11, any input on this?
Doaomo
First Gear

Post by Doaomo »

COTruckin wrote:I am thinking we should plan this for earlier in the afternoon, looks like we may get some storms on Sunday. Lets try to nail down a time so we can officially get this meet set. I would say prob around 10 or 11, any input on this?
This sounds good to me.
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

11 sounds perfect

COTruckin
First Gear

Post by COTruckin »

Ok, so lets get a count. Who all can make it to Red Rocks at 11 on Sunday? Put these coordinates (39.668027,-105.206419) into Google Maps and it should give you a parking lot just past the tunnel up near the top of the amphitheater. Would like to get a count on who is going to be there so we can see if it will be worth cooking out or not.
Doaomo
First Gear

Post by Doaomo »

I'm there for sure. I also have a small grill to bring.

I'm going to Golden cruise Saturday night if anyone would like to go and meet up.
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-I'll be there!

-Joe
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

I'm there for sure

91legacyawdturbo
Second Gear

Post by 91legacyawdturbo »

Why not meet up at look out mountain since the golden cruise is a muscle meet? Or
Do we want to crash it???
91 SS, v9 ej207 twin scroll swap, Gda wrx dash swap.
2002 wrx sport wagon
fngearhead
First Gear

Post by fngearhead »

I'm in for the meet Sunday unless work gets desperate.
1989 Cherokee-lifted, locked and beat up
1991 Legacy L 5MT AWD with EJ20G swap SOLD... and rolled :(
1993 Turbo Wagon resurrected with '95 WRX guts