Rear legacy SS brakes and the headache that comes with them

Where the power meets the road.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

xise
Third Gear

Rear legacy SS brakes and the headache that comes with them

Post by xise »

Ok so as you know the legacy SS rear brake setup is unique to it's model and the V1 STi only. This makes it a huge pain when it comes to replacements. So here is my problem, I ordered parts from rock auto for brakes all around.

front calipers, rear calipers and rear ebrake shoes and hardware. The fronts went up w/o issue. The rear brakes however have given me endless troubles. First the ebrake hardware doesn't all fit properly, the starwheel is too large and when it is installed the shoes are pushed outwards too far to get the rotor on.

So I decide to have no ebrake until I can get the proper adjuster wheel, so I install the rotor and go to mount the bracket and it doesn't fit. it is too narrow and will never fit over the larger vented rotor.I thought about using the old bracket with the new caliper but my guess is that the caliper is probably too small also....

I am about to go buy some NA solid rotors and use those and call it a day....unless anyone knows where to get the correct caliper/bracket that isn't the dealer....This SHOULD have been an easy bolt n' go affair but it has been a monumental pain..any help is appreciated but if I don't get the correct parts I will be downgrading to the shitty wafer thing NA rotors in the rear
2004 Impreza 2.5RS Fränkenpreza Daily Driver
1993 Legacy Sport: Sedan Sex Panther-R.I.P. @ the boneyard
1991 Legacy L Wagon: Sex Panther II
2005 Outback XT Turbo grocery-getter Wife's Daily Driver
xise
Third Gear

Re: Rear legacy SS brakes and the headache that comes with t

Post by xise »

So I guess there is no parts store that sells the correct caliper then? Has this actually happened to anyone else? who sells these fucking things!?!?
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

90 L+ wgn
xise
Third Gear

Post by xise »

based on that picture it looks like the NA caliper, that bracket would only accommodate the non vented rotor...