What have I missed?

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

BAC5.2

What have I missed?

Post by BAC5.2 »

It's been more than a few years, and a few Subarus, since I got rid of my SS. I replaced it first with a Forester, then a Lemon Outback 2.5i, and finally an Outback XT. Not quite the same as my SS, but times do tend to change.

Unfortunately, someone hit me and the car has been at the body shop for 16 weeks (and $16k in repairs).

Who's still here from the good 'ole days?
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Re: What have I missed?

Post by kimokalihi »

Define "the good ole days".
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
bmxkelowna
Fourth Gear

Post by bmxkelowna »

some days my back makes me feel old
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

Glad to see you over here again, haha. LGT is quite the interesting site. Sorry to hear about the car. Few have left, lots of good new guys though.
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Welcome back!

So why do you have a Texas license plate on that Outback? Have you moved to Texas?
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Yep! My wife, daughter, and I live in Fort Worth. We'll be here until July, then we move again.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Cool! Well then we should try and get together some time before you leave. I could probably drive up on a weekend or something. Hopefully the 6spd will be in the car and the motor tuned in the next two months.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

What have I missed?

Post by entirelyturbo »

I don't have a 1st-gen Legacy anymore either (check my signature), and I changed my username (used to be subyluvr2212), but I still drop by semi-regularly.

What are you doing for work now, Phil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Legacy777 wrote:Cool! Well then we should try and get together some time before you leave. I could probably drive up on a weekend or something. Hopefully the 6spd will be in the car and the motor tuned in the next two months.
Sounds good! We'll have to get together at some point after the holidays! Is that the 6MT you bought from the person I got my Brembos from? I still can't believe that deal. I rebuilt and PC'd the calipers flat wrinkle-black, and I think they turned out nice and stealthy. Perfect for an Outback:

BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

DerFahrer wrote:I don't have a 1st-gen Legacy anymore either (check my signature), and I changed my username (used to be subyluvr2212), but I still drop by semi-regularly.

What are you doing for work now, Phil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am horrendously jealous. Truly and completely. I'd love to have picked up something like that. Now, I know I'd never have the time to turn it into something I was really happy with, and it'd be in an endless state of "almost done".

I'm a mechanical engineer for a large aero company at the moment. I do R&D with advanced composites. After July, we'll go wherever my parent company sends us for another year. Then one more rotation after that before we figure out where we want to settle down.

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Yeah I believe it's the same guy. I bought the 6spd earlier in the year, but just haven't gotten around to putting it in. I'm looking forward to it being completed though!

Those Brembros turned out pretty nice!

Are you doing a rotation development/training program? I'm actually managing a similar program at my work. I went through something like that when I came out of school. It's extremely valuable, and what I tell the engineers that go through ours is that you easily come out with an equivalent of 5 years experience (even though the program only is 3 years) since you've seen and worked in various parts of the company.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

That's pretty much exactly what I am doing. I'd worked at a place back in MD while I was finishing my M.S. and this opportunity came up that I couldn't pass on. This program is unique because the rotations go to different businesses, rather than just stay within one business. So far, it's been great. I've been exposed to things it would have taken years too, otherwise. I've got two rotations left, though it is going to be difficult leaving my current place.

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Yeah, that's one of the challenges I'm currently having with the engineers currently in the program. They don't want to physically move/change locations outside of Houston. They were told up front that they were going to have to do that, but some have bought houses and/or gotten married, so it becomes much more difficult to be flexible and move.

When I came out of college I moved from PA to Memphis, TN, then to Houston, and then was in Jersey for 3 months on a construction assignment and back in Houston. My only suggestion is try to be as flexible as you can. The benefits you'll get out of the program by finishing it will be very beneficial. If you like the current business your at, definitely tell them that and ask that when you finish the program you'd like to be considered to coming back as a full time employee.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT