Interest in a TCU tune for the turbo Legacy?

Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

James614
Fourth Gear

Interest in a TCU tune for the turbo Legacy?

Post by James614 »

I came across ECUtune.com and emailed Micheal Emery about doing a tune for the Legacy TCU. My personal interest in this is being able to take advantage of the increased rev limit I'll get with a Rob tune, obviously without a TCU mod I will be stuck shifting at 6000rpm regardless of the engine's redline.

Much to my surprise, he said he certainly can do a tune for the Legacy TCU, but doesn't want to charge me what it would cost to do just one. So he suggested I see if there would be community interest in doing a group buy. The caveat is of course that everyone in on it would need to agree to shift programming that makes all of us happy (rev limits are easier to alter and can be done on an individual basis). I asked him about what the group buy price may be, still haven't heard back but I would expect it to be in the same ballpark as a robtune.

I then started searching on here and came across this thread where Micheal has actually proposed this to the BBS in the past, but kind of just died off with nobody coming together on what they'd want.

Soooo... 3 years later, does anyone else have an interest in this? I have some ideas for my shift maps specific to what I personally want, but I'd be more than willing to compromise with others. Enthusiasm for the 4EAT doesn't seem to run too deep with the Legacy, so I'm fully expecting this great idea to die.

Here's the link for what he does for the SVX http://www.ecutune.com/tcu.htm (something tells me we would be sending our TCU's up front instead of doing the core exchange) which I think would be a good baseline, and then come up with normal shift maps that would be most benefiting to the turbo Legacy.
93 Touring Wagon (EJ20G 5spd Swap) -- Finally back and running strong as ever!

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.
keithmoilanen
Second Gear

Re: Interest in a TCU tune for the turbo Legacy?

Post by keithmoilanen »

Is this for a 4eat only ?
2018 WRX
1991 Legacy Turbo
Sold 1989 Lifted Wagon
Sold 1987 Wagon
James614
Fourth Gear

Re: Interest in a TCU tune for the turbo Legacy?

Post by James614 »

Yessir.
93 Touring Wagon (EJ20G 5spd Swap) -- Finally back and running strong as ever!

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.