WTB: Revtronix chip stage 1 or 2

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
Nibbib
First Gear

WTB: Revtronix chip stage 1 or 2

Post by Nibbib »

So I'm trying to find a Revtronix chip and if anyone is able to point me in the right direction that would be very helpful

You can post here or Im me

Thanks, Cody
dscoobydoo
Fifth Gear

Re: WTB: Revtronix chip stage 1 or 2

Post by dscoobydoo »

Good luck. Curious why you have not considered other options?
Yes I have too many Subarus
No you can't have one
05 GD-STI
01- RS- Swapped-07 STI
00- GF
93 SS- "the original Robtune" (now in new hands)
93Leg-c
Fourth Gear

Post by 93Leg-c »

Cody, I sent you a PM. Sorry, I don't do IM (long story so I won't explain).
'94 TW
Nibbib
First Gear

Post by Nibbib »

dscoobydoo wrote:Good luck. Curious why you have not considered other options?
i have i just feel this will be a little easier way then going to a piggy back for now im also in search for a pp6
dscoobydoo
Fifth Gear

Post by dscoobydoo »

Check out the Rob Tune 20G ECU option. I have a car with Rob Tune, and one with a PP6. The Rob Tune car runs much better, and there are options through Rob.

Since Revtronics does not exist anymore, be very aware of what tune you get from whomever you buy it from.
Yes I have too many Subarus
No you can't have one
05 GD-STI
01- RS- Swapped-07 STI
00- GF
93 SS- "the original Robtune" (now in new hands)
devilzdriver
First Gear

Post by devilzdriver »

don't mean to thread jack, but does the robtune just plug right in and you don't really need to do anything?
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

The robtune does not "plug right in". See the .massive robtune thread for details.

Please correct me if im wrong, but the revtronix chip does plug right in (along with the required plastic n/a MAF and injectors it is tuned for).

I drove alphius's SS with the revtronix chip (tuned for td05/535cc injectors), and it felt stupid quick. Alphius mentioned that he was dissatesfied with the tune, but to a non-tuning guru like myself, it was great. Plus he got good mileage , too.

From what I've heard the robtune is more aggressively tuned and more flexible.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
Alphius
Fourth Gear

Post by Alphius »

It was fast but it left a lot to be desired in smoothness and overall refinement. Whenever I tune I want it to have factory or better behavior wherever possible. Since I had a stock shortblock with only bolt-on mods, there is no reason that should not have been possible.

RobTune is really a better option nowadays because it basically uses all the same modifications and makes the same power as the RevTronix tune while still being supported nowadays. Both of them are power limited by the maximum airflow that the MAF can flow, and they both use the same MAF. The RevTronix plugs right in to a stock ECU, the RobTune does need a couple things rewired at the ECU end but it's easy.

If you want more than ~17-18psi and 250ish whp you would need to have a standalone ECU of some sort with a speed-density MAP tune instead of MAF. Or do a WRX ECU/harness/intake manifold swap and do some open-source tuning and bolt-on mods that the WRX and STI guys do.
Thesubielover
Third Gear

Post by Thesubielover »

Alphius or Mike..... We need to talk. I want a tune or something soon. I dont want to go rob tune yet, because from the sound of it I need to yellow tops, na maf sensor, and something else coil wise Mike mentioned. I want a z4 or revtronix. but I recall Mike mentioned that the z4 and revtronix are set at say 260hp for the z4..... If im pushing over 260 crank, will it slow my ride down?
93ss 3inch tbe, Hallman mbc,06 wrx td04, tmic, bov, bugeye seatsStolen x2, sold
93ss Stroker,440cc inj, VF39, '06 TMIC, EJ20G heads & intake, EJ25 crank, 4.11Traded
93ss 4eat, coils, stanced, wraped, flat black, stock show car
Alphius
Fourth Gear

Post by Alphius »

You need the N/A MAF and new injectors for all three setups. You need the coil rewiring for any EJ20G ECU, whether it's a stock one like a Z4 or a RobTune.
Thesubielover
Third Gear

Post by Thesubielover »

So basically my way for cheap boost would be a fcd? I only want to run like 14#.s. The previous owner was running 17. Alphius, do you know how to wire these in? Cj is a busy guy and far south
93ss Stroker,440cc inj, VF39, '06 TMIC, EJ20G heads & intake, EJ25 crank, 4.11Traded
Alphius
Fourth Gear

Post by Alphius »

14psi is not really safe on stock injectors, ECU and MAF. 12psi is about as much airflow as the stock stuff can handle safely with a VF11.
Thesubielover
Third Gear

Post by Thesubielover »

im running 440's with a vf39
Alphius
Fourth Gear

Post by Alphius »

On a stock tune EJ22T ECU? That's not great.
Get a RobTune on an EJ20G ECU set up for the 440s and run 17psi with an MBC all day long.
With a VF39 the stock metal MAF and ECU will not be able to measure any airflow over about 10-11psi. The ECU also does not properly control the injectors due to them being 13% bigger. Everything is not optimal. It may run, but it will never run well or safely or run to the peak of its ability. You need another ECU tuned for your mods, and the cheapest way to do that is by buying an EJ20G ECU and getting Rob to tune it for your setup. Trust me, you will be way happier.
Thesubielover
Third Gear

Post by Thesubielover »

Okay, I'll hop on ebay and look around. Is there any other suggested places to buy these used ecu's?
Thesubielover
Third Gear

Post by Thesubielover »

Alphius wrote:On a stock tune EJ22T ECU? That's not great.
Get a RobTune on an EJ20G ECU set up for the 440s and run 17psi with an MBC all day long.
With a VF39 the stock metal MAF and ECU will not be able to measure any airflow over about 10-11psi. The ECU also does not properly control the injectors due to them being 13% bigger. Everything is not optimal. It may run, but it will never run well or safely or run to the peak of its ability. You need another ECU tuned for your mods, and the cheapest way to do that is by buying an EJ20G ECU and getting Rob to tune it for your setup. Trust me, you will be way happier.

Seems to be running decently though. I still get about 300 miles out of my tank, and it doesnt smell rich when at idel or after getting on it the taking a walk around. I understand though, with these mods, it's time for a serious tune. How much does a tune with the provided ecu cost again? I know he has a couple prices based on if you provide the ecu or not
randomiam
Second Gear

Post by randomiam »

I would get a wideband setup Robert; this is the only way you'll really know how well the current system is running the setup, its better to err on the side of caution.

read up on the robtune thread & robtune.com and expect to budget $500+

and I don't know but are the 440s the best match for the VF39? maybe someone else could chime in
Subaru-less
Alphius
Fourth Gear

Post by Alphius »

440s are fine with a VF39 since it's what he already has.
I was running 440s with a TD05-16G at 18psi and was out of headroom, so the STI 550(535) setup is probably a little safer, in addition to them being newer injectors. that does add to the cost though when his 440s are probably fine for his goals.
Alphius
Fourth Gear

Post by Alphius »

http://www.robtune.com/

Check it out. He has pricing on here, and can even sell you an EJ20G ECU for an extra $110.
You would want the 4to2 converter and an ECU with a tune. Looks like he has that up for $455.
Your other option is a standalone ECU which would be way more expensive. :)