Calling ALL CO members for a meet/cruise!! 8-10-13 meet

Discussion of any community projects, meetings and collaborative projects.

Moderator: Moderators

92ColoradoTurbo
First Gear

Re: Calling ALL CO members for a meet/cruise!!

Post by 92ColoradoTurbo »

Hoping to have mine running by this weekend! I'm stoked for some cruising!! Too bad it wont be like a Friday/Saturday night, we could cruise academy in 1st gens, killing all hondas and v-dubs haha xD
A night full of...

Waaa pshh...
Vrooom pshh...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
VROOOOOOOOOOOOOM VRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMM!!!

Deuce
Deuce

But I'm down, we should think of good places to take some photos too, so we can post em on the forum :)
Chris
1992 SS Liquid Silver Metallic 5MT AWD, 3in TBE, TD04, 06 TMIC, MBC, Coffee Cup Mod, 04 STi Struts
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

Haha a first gen academy cruise would be sick! But I know last time we all met at red rocks for some cool pics. I bet of we did some sort of. Mountain pass cruise or city/suburb of Denver drive we could find some epic spots for some photos,especially if anyone coming has access to a badass camera...
DD50
First Gear

Post by DD50 »

I'd be so down for an Academy cruise. lol We'd drown out all the crappy noise from those shitty Hondas with fart cans. I'd be the slowest thanks to no turbo. :( lol
Proud Owner of a 1992 Winestone Mica Subaru Legacy LSi non turbo with 198,000 miles. Soon to be turboed
92ColoradoTurbo
First Gear

Every Friday and Saturday night (mostly when its nice out), there are people cruising Academy. Between the Best Buy by Chapel Hills Mall and the Sam's Club by the Citadel Mall. That stretch of Academy will have racers driving up and down it all night! My favorite is when we go under the Woodman bridge and floor it haha xD
Come check it out though! Alex and I might be down there this weekend if my car is up n running :P
Chris
1992 SS Liquid Silver Metallic 5MT AWD, 3in TBE, TD04, 06 TMIC, MBC, Coffee Cup Mod, 04 STi Struts
DD50
First Gear

Post by DD50 »

92ColoradoTurbo wrote:Every Friday and Saturday night (mostly when its nice out), there are people cruising Academy. Between the Best Buy by Chapel Hills Mall and the Sam's Club by the Citadel Mall. That stretch of Academy will have racers driving up and down it all night! My favorite is when we go under the Woodman bridge and floor it haha xD
Come check it out though! Alex and I might be down there this weekend if my car is up n running :P
Oh my god I would love that. I always like to mess with the Honda drivers. Yeah my car isn't that fast but it sounds a hell of a lot better. Just be on the lookout for a somewhat ratty Legacy LSi with led lights. lol PM me when exactly you want to go. If you do plan on going I want to bring someone with me
Proud Owner of a 1992 Winestone Mica Subaru Legacy LSi non turbo with 198,000 miles. Soon to be turboed
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

EDIT: On HOLD for date! Joe(caveman) and I stumbled onto a dirty impreza meet in the springs on May 19th and there's an entire fb link as well I will post. Joe and I thought it might be better to change the date to combine to their meet.... I contacted the guy organizing their event so ill get back to everyone by Saturday for final plans

Sorry for getting back late with a date. I had to accommodate a couple other members who wouldn't have their car ready in late April. So I'm setting this Colorado meet date for:

Who: All members and fellow subies or friends that want to come
What: Another successful summer cruise/meet for all members in or near CO like last summer!
When: Sunday, May 5th
Where: Red Rocks Amphitheatre, top parking lot by the theatre

We can figure out the details later but I figure we all show up around noonish and get a bbq/lunch/chilling/photos going on and from there we can take a designated cruise.

Also since we have people traveling(maybe) from Durango and southwest/western slopes we should make it a kinda all day thing, possibly ending up at someones casa or even Slodrive(Greg's shop in Longmont) to kick it and bs, talk subies :)

So mark your calendars and get this date free! That's plenty of time for everyone to get their cars ready as well.

Questions or comments? Post or pm me :) hope to see a better turnout than last year and spread the word to other locals/members on other forums!
Last edited by alexandermf on Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-Slodrive's shop would be a great place to end the meet or what not, but the thing is, Sunday's is family day for him.

-Joe
-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book. ~Moog
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

Ya Greg informed me we could stop by but the whole family day thing. Maybe if its enough heads up he could bring the fam for an hour or so still and kick it possibly? If you and me shoot him a text and try to convince I'm sure he'd be down to meet us at the end at his shop maybe, I agree it being the perfect spot though to end
Bubba02STi
In Neutral

Post by Bubba02STi »

I am the one who sets up the Annual DI meet every year... you are all more then welcome to come... our cruise is on dirt and as long as you are close to stock ride height you will be fine... even if you are lowered a tad (1" or less)... we typically have around 20-30 cars with us... we also set up a couple areas to get some action shots and then a group photo...

here is all the info if you would like to join us...
[CENTER]Image

What
5th Annual Colorado DirtyImpreza.com Spring Meet
We will be taking Old Stage/Gold Camp Rd from Colorado Springs, Co to Victor, Co. From there we will travel Hwy 67 into Cripple Creek, Co then continue on to the Sonic in Woodland Park, Co.

When

May 19th, 2013

Where

K-Mart
3020 N Nevada Colorado Springs, Co

Time

Meet 10:00 am
Depart 11:00 am

Maps

5th Annual Colorado DirtyImpreza.com Spring Meet Route
http://goo.gl/maps/MXsZx

Alternate route depending on time and road closures
http://goo.gl/maps/2DUW7

From Denver, Co to K-Mart
http://goo.gl/maps/mMfSL

From Pueblo, Co to K-Mart
http://goo.gl/maps/2YT0a

From Canon City, Co to K-Mart
http://goo.gl/maps/FCtiv

If you need a map made please PM me

Disclaimer
DirtyImpreza.com nor do any of the supporting forums companies or people take any responsibility for vehicle damage traffic violations theft injury or death to any person partaking in this event. You are responsible for YOUR own safety actions and property and the those of the people in YOUR vehicle/party. There will be no street/rally racing during this event. Any illegal actions are not tolerated and will be reported. Anyone not following by the rules will be asked to leave and will be publicly humiliated.

Questions Comments or Concerns

Please feel free to contact me via pm email or phone

PM Bubba02STi
Phone 719-392-475O
Email Rally_Subie@yahoo.com

[/CENTER]

I probably wont get around here much but alex has my facebook account if anyone has any questions... or you can get a hold of me via the contact info posted...

Thanks I hope to see some of you out there...
Dirt Is For Racing... Tarmac Is For Getting There...
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

Glad you got over to this thread bubba :) I was literally about to post all your info here but you beat me to it!
celliott89
In Neutral

Post by celliott89 »

I'm in Denver and down for a meet!
Bubba02STi
In Neutral

Post by Bubba02STi »

nice... so far it is looking like we will have 29 people if everyone who says they are going to come actually show up... keep spreading the word...
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

I'm officially setting out meet/cruise to may 19th, Sunday to join the dirtyimpreza meet!
92ColoradoTurbo
First Gear

I'm in brah!
Chris
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

Celliot-you deciding to keep the tleg?
short_round
In Neutral

Post by short_round »

I'll be joining this DI meet I've done it for 2 years but the last one was with the T-Leg. And matter of fact that's my T-Leg on the flyer for the DI meet.
Bubba02STi
In Neutral

Post by Bubba02STi »

here is the attending list we have so far... Attending
Bubba
Lenny
Trent
thor4life
Dustin T
Jake
Jason K
Bryan
Jon M
Alex
Logan
GCoop3
Kyle (In spirit and love )
Rafi
Lucas
Rob D
Logan
celliott89
Caitlyn
eekay
92ColoradoTurbo

Possibly Attending
Ted A
Nick
s0ber_P
Nathan B
Stephen F
Jerred
Joe
Matt
Luis
pheonixr2
Matt H
forced4
Ryan H
Ryan S
GW
James
Preston
Edwindows

anyone who is going or thinking of going and could confirm that would be great!!
DD50
First Gear

Post by DD50 »

Add me on the list as well. Doing this for my birthday would be perfect. My actually birthday is on the 12th.
celliott89
In Neutral

Post by celliott89 »

alexandermf wrote:Celliot-you deciding to keep the tleg?

Most likely, still weighing my options...
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

I'm still spreading the word among friends with subies as well so it should be a great turnout!!
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-If Slodrive gets my clutch done before the meet, I'll be there. If he doesn't, I'll be stuck in the Denver area.

-Joe
-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book. ~Moog
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

Joe, the meet isn't for another month almost.... Got plenty of time for a clutch job
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-Yes, I have plenty of time, but Slodrive does not. Last I heard, he was booked three weeks in advance. I don't have a garage and its still to damn cold to do anything.
-The car also just developed a code 41. Still cant figure out what it could be, what caused it. Check engine light has been on for about a week now.

-Joe
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

No other garage to take to besides slodrive? I mean I only trust Greg with our cars for certain jobs absolutely and anything else but if its that booked and u need a clutch job I'm sure metro or suba or rupair can do it as well :)
Bubba02STi
In Neutral

Post by Bubba02STi »

Find me a garage and ill do ot for a couple hundred... as far as code 41 its a fuel mixture issue... probably a bad o2 sensor... i hope you get your car fixed bud and can come out and plau with us