mbc for under 15$

That spinning thing that makes all of the cool noises. OE and Aftermarket.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

muffin77
In Neutral

mbc for under 15$

Post by muffin77 »

I finished up my Subaru today finally after a year of owning it and took it out for a drive and was actually kinda depressed with the power so I decided to make my own, as a mbc is just a grainger valve pretty much. Everything was bought at my local menards... prices may vary depending where you live or where you shop
parts needed:
2x hose barb 3/16" id x 1/8 in mip (4.72 for the two)
brass tee 1/8" fip (2.29)
3/8-24 hex cap bolt(.59)
3/16 ball bearing pack of 2(.39)
a pack of papermate mech pencils(2.99)
also make sure you get a lock nut I forgot one the 1st time I put it together
you might be able to find cheaper but I try to be one place and done. Start off by putting the barbs in the tee 90 out( one goes in the bottom other goes in the left/right. Now grab a ball bearing and drop it inside the tee. Hear is where the pencils come into play, you have to disassemble the pencil to get the spring out of it. place the spring on top of the ball and put your 3/8 hex cap bolt with lock nut on top and screw it until it just touches the spring( nothing inside shakes when you shake it). Make sure all your barbs are tight and you have just made a manual boost controller. in=more boost out=less... mistakes I have already made to help you guys out don't use pen springs as they was too weak and cause some pretty nasty spikes the pencil spring was stiffer and now sometimes spikes a pound . remember a lock nut as well... if anyone wants pics I can upload pics at a later time or has any question feel free to ask and I would recommend a boost gauge before this as you wont know where your at boost wise and can blow stuff up.
alexandermf
Third Gear

Re: mbc for under 15$

Post by alexandermf »

Just so you know...if u have pics you mine as well upload them to help people trying to use your info. Its like telling someone your baking a pie and give us a list of ingredients to follow a huge paragraph of someone else's words :)

I myself can read your directions fine but I KNOW there's a couple illiterate people on here that prefer picture books/DIYs lol
muffin77
In Neutral

Post by muffin77 »

true.... I didn't take pics tho but it only take 5 mins to build and rip apart.. I will also give more info as I go as well cause I only did two pulls with this set up so I might use different springs/at different positions and so on and post my results.... I did this as one I am a broke college kid two I wanted it today and didn't want to wait on one
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

Hey now, Us Literate people like pics to!
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT