Whiteline end links klc38 are poor quality

Got a new part? Is it the best thing you've ever seen? Is it a complete ripoff? Let us know about your parts and service.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

rallyak
Third Gear

Whiteline end links klc38 are poor quality

Post by rallyak »

I bought these a year and a half ago and wasn't happy with them. They rusted so bad that on one end on each side is seized and the end link is bending. The side that's not seized has a lot of slop in it and banging on every bump I hit. I'm not sure if it my environment or not meant to get wet. White line generally is a good brand, I wouldn't waste your money on these.
Charles

90' White/Gray Outback DD workhorse (670,xxx) miles
92' Onyx Metallic (430,xxx) Wife's DD
68' Barracuda formula S 340 4spd coupe (ongoing project)
66' Mustang 2+2 4spd wife's (ongoing project)
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Re: White line end links klc38 are poor quality

Post by kimokalihi »

Is that stainless steel? I've heard that whiteline is really only midrange quality.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
rallyak
Third Gear

Post by rallyak »

I thought it was, or poor quality stainless. I figured it would have lasted longer.
Charles

kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I'm not exactly impressed with whiteline myself. The quality seems just "ok", not excellent which I would expect from their prices. My sway bar endlinks were missing parts right out of the box as well, sealed bags. I'm wondering if their tie rod ends are better quality or if someone else makes them for the gc chassis. I'd like to correct my suspension geometry since my car is lowered. Probably raise it a little bit too.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

I will say that Alaska might have something to do with it. I've seen cars up there and there not pretty. Whiteline is a Australian company after all. I would call them and see what they can do. Sorry to see that though.
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
rallyak
Third Gear

Post by rallyak »

I think Light Force lights are from there also. That another thing I won't buy again, cheep plastic, heavy corrosion in the lights wiring (took them a part and soldered every thing) then they melted the cheep plastic lenses.
Charles

beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Well thats good to know. On both accounts. Seems like AK is a pretty good proving ground.
I've installed Whiteline parts on cars that I've owned and thought them to be good quality. Although, I wouldn't bother with their end-links, either style.
Also, I used to do work for a few truckers that ran from here to Anchorage and back. They all swore by Lightforce lights. Good to know that they're not up to the task.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Whiteline end links klc38 are poor quality

Post by Legacy777 »

Whiteline has had corrosion issues in the past. Their original light blue paint was not up to the task of protecting the steel components in the salt belts. Even their new coatings are probably not up to snuff to the Alaska or North East US environmental conditions.

I've been running their steel endlinks without any issues on my Legacy and Impreza, but I don't have the corrosion issues in Texas that you guys have up north. Also, I personally don't think spherical joints are that great for a normal road car unless they are rebuildable. There's just way too much gunk that can get in and eat them up.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
rallyak
Third Gear

Re: Whiteline end links klc38 are poor quality

Post by rallyak »

I thought when I received them they wouldn't last long just the fact that there was really no way to keep the elements out. The cute boots that it comes with are almost worthless or traps crap in, the joints on the bottom are rusted in place and can not be moved.
Charles