FS CO: 94 T-Leg wagon ej20g/sti yellow i/td05/robtune SOLD

For sales of complete cars only, from body shells to full builds, running or not.

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum. Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
No partouts or individual parts sales.

All auctions or local sales should be in the Craigslist/eBay forum
legacymax
Second Gear

FS CO: 94 T-Leg wagon ej20g/sti yellow i/td05/robtune SOLD

Post by legacymax »

For sale is a 1994 Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon (turbo) with extensive work done to it. I bought it in 2006 with 186,XXX miles on it and since have put only 17,000 miles on it. This car runs great. I daily drive it when the weather is nice. I average 25 mpg mixed driving and even averaged 31 mpg on a recent trip from Denver to Durango, CO and back. That is great for a car that has 287whp on tap. The car was sold new at Burt Subaru in Denver and is very clean for a 200k car. Does have some minor rust at the top of the windshield and the smallest bit in the driver’s side rear wheel well that is not visible. I have slowed this down by not driving it in the snow/rain/ wet roads and garaging it for the past 4 years. I am selling it to reduce my fleet and fund my other projects. This car has been built to look stock and perform great in Colorado.

Summary of Modifications:
-Ej20g engine, rebuilt td05 turbo, STi injectors, Apexi intake, and custom exhaust. 287whp, passes emissions and can get 31 mpg hwy.
-Rebuilt Turbo legacy 5spd from a 91 Legacy Sports Sedan with exedy clutch, lightened flywheel, and Rear VLSD.
-AGX struts, Ground Control adjustable height sleeves with Eibach springs. The springs rates are around 2006 STi spec C rates with a little more in the rear to compensate for the wagon ass and heavy loads. I had it lowered for a while and then raised it for winter and never lowered it again.
-EDM glass headlights with city lights with clear vinyl cover.
-02 WRX seats. These go well with the black and gray interior of the touring wagons and are very supportive
-99 RS wheels. The car will come with your choice of re92a tires with 70% tread left or Hankook w409 studded snow tires with a season left on them. The hankooks have a slightly larger size wall.

Modifications:
Engine:

-ej20g with approximately 80,000 miles. Runs great with an engine reseal and new timing belt 5,000 miles ago.
-Yellow side feed STi 525cc injectors.
- Rebuilt TD05 16g from JDM GC8 STi. This has 3,000 miles on it since the rebuild.
-RobTune ECU. This ECU has been developed to allow the ej20g run properly on US pump gas. It is specific to the ej20g with TD05 turbo and USDM STI side feed injectors. Rob's dyno numbers with this car’s setup are 287whp and 257wtq. The optional extras include 7500rpm redline, launch control set to 4000rpm. This passes emissions with no problem. Below is a link to the tune details but you all know the details.
http://www.robtune.com/general.html
-02 WRX coil on plug retrofit.
-Apexi intake specific for the ej20g with pre-filter.
-Custom exhaust with high flow cat. Comes with a WRX bellmouth downpipe modified to work with the legacy’s o2 sensor and a stock WRX downpipe for emissions compliance which is currently installed. This exhaust sound great without being too loud.
-Walbro 255 fuel pump installed 3,000 miles ago.
-Prosport electronic boost gauge.
-prosport manual boost controller.

Transmission:
-91 Legacy Turbo 5spd rebuilt 13,000 miles ago.
-Exedy Stage 2 clutch with lightened flywheel.
-91 Legacy Sedan VLSD rear differential

Suspension:
-AGX struts with Ground Control sleeves and Eibach springs. The spring rates are GD STi Spec C. The rear rate is a little higher to handle better when the back is loaded up. I have the height set right at about stock. Great for deep snow or forest service roads.
-STi front strut top mounts.

Wheels/tires:
-99 RS wheels. The car will come with your choice of re92a tires with 70% tread left or Hankook w409 studded snow tires with a season left on them. The hankooks have a slightly larger size wall.

Exterior:
-EDM glass headlights with city lights imported from Poland. These headlights are amazing. Great cutoff and very bright with Osram +10 bulbs. I installed clear vinyl on them to protect the lens from gravel.
-Aluminum sump skid plate.
-JDM projector fog lights (not installed) with oem switch.
-mud flaps.
-Hella supertone horns

Interior:
-02 WRX seats in great condition.
-91 legacy radio with AUX input.
-Restored wood grain shift knob.
-04 STi e-brake handle.
-Prosport boost gauge.
-All weather floor mats
-All weather cargo area mat.

Extras:
-Invidia bellmouth downpipe.
-Many extra parts for these old turbo cars. Mafs, IACV, and more.
-Extra front grill

Every few hours I get a little off throttle knock detection flashing on the check engine light(a rob tune feature). I spoke to Rob and he believes it is not real knock but that either the knock sensor is going out or there is something causing false knock. The way I get around this is to let the car idle for a second and it goes away.

Price is $5,900 Cash.

And some older pictures

When it was low

Last edited by legacymax on Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:18 am, edited 9 times in total.
94 legacy Silver Touring Wagon now w/ 5spd, Ground Controls, ej20g, rear VLSD, td05, and edms.
95 impreza Rally car. 3.0 H6
88 Toyota fj62 OME lift.
MConte05
Second Gear

Re: FS CO: 94 T-Leg wagon ej20g/robtune w/extra built 2.2 sb

Post by MConte05 »

If you'd like to trade out the headlights for some cash, let me know!
YetiSmasher
First Gear

Post by YetiSmasher »

oowee! if only you were in oregon id come buy that in a second
James614
Fourth Gear

Post by James614 »

Wow. This thing is sexy.
93 Touring Wagon (EJ20G 5spd Swap) -- Finally back and running strong as ever!

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.
legacymax
Second Gear

Post by legacymax »

I really don't want to part anything out on this car. I spent years getting it just how I wanted it and I would like to sell it like so. If I didn't have a baby on the way soon I would deliver it to Oregon. I am always up for a roadtrip. I am willing to deliver to the immediate states to Colorado for the next two weeks if you are very serious about it.

I will say that the next upgrade I was planning was a small front mount intercooler or awic. I didn't want to put a scoop on the hood so that was the way I was going to go with it. You could do what you want.

Oh, and it has hella supertones.
94 legacy Silver Touring Wagon now w/ 5spd, Ground Controls, ej20g, rear VLSD, td05, and edms.
88 Toyota fj62 OME lift.
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

One Badass wagon!
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
joshw02
First Gear

Post by joshw02 »

Very nice! Where was it dyno'd? Any interest in selling the short block separate?
legacymax
Second Gear

Post by legacymax »

joshw02 wrote:Very nice! Where was it dyno'd? Any interest in selling the short block separate?
Just to clarify, those are Rob's dyno numbers with this car's setup. I have edited my post to remove confusion.

Currently, I would like to sell this car and block as a package, but I may change my mind in a couple of weeks if it hasn't sold. I will let you know.

-Max
88 Toyota fj62 OME lift.
legacymax
Second Gear

Re: FS CO: 94 T-Leg wagon ej20g/sti topfeeds/td05/robtune $5

Post by legacymax »

New price without extra block.
88 Toyota fj62 OME lift.
Smithcraft
Second Gear

Re: FS CO: 94 T-Leg wagon ej20g/sti topfeeds/td05/robtune $5

Post by Smithcraft »

What a gorgeous wagon!

If it's not sold by April...

SC
1994 Legacy Mi

2008 Legacy GT SpecB
brandonsquire
In Neutral

Re: FS CO: 94 T-Leg wagon ej20g/sti yellow i/td05/robtune $5

Post by brandonsquire »

Just put my GM6 RS up for sale to hopefully pick this up. Please update this thread if it sells, thanks.
legacymax
Second Gear

Re: FS CO: 94 T-Leg wagon ej20g/sti yellow i/td05/robtune $5

Post by legacymax »

I certainly will. I have a guy who wants to buy it on Sunday.
Max
88 Toyota fj62 OME lift.
93Leg-c
Fourth Gear

Re: FS CO: 94 T-Leg wagon ej20g/sti yellow i/td05/robtune SO

Post by 93Leg-c »

Really nice wagon! :D
So, is the new owner a member on the board here?
Oh, and what is the under-engine brush guard made of? Besides the three front bolts that's visible in the pic, where's the rest of the guard anchored to?
'94 TW
legacymax
Second Gear

Post by legacymax »

I was sold through Craigslist to a guy in Steamboat Springs, Co. I insisted he join this forum as we all know it is an awesome resource.

The skidplate is mounted to the stock locations. 3 bolts on the bottom of the rad support, 2 on the jack plate just rear of the oil pan. It was made out of 1/4 in diamond plate aluminum. I run them on all my Subarus. It proved useful for the blizzard last week on my wife's 2004 forester XT manual.
88 Toyota fj62 OME lift.
93Leg-c
Fourth Gear

Post by 93Leg-c »

Thanks for that info! Yes, this is a great Board and resource with volumes of information!

Just one more question if you don't mind--did you make the plate yourself, had it (them) custom made, or can they be purchased somewhere?
'94 TW
legacymax
Second Gear

Post by legacymax »

I had it custom made by a guy who used to make them (Subyskids). I run a primitive plate on my wife's forester mainly because I got it cheap on Craigslist and another custom piece on my rallycross car. Check with primitive if they sell one for the early legacies. If not the GC one may fit with some trimming for the downpipe. You could also look around for a wrx one. Any legacy or impreza skidplate should be close enough to make fit.
88 Toyota fj62 OME lift.
93Leg-c
Fourth Gear

Post by 93Leg-c »

Thanks for the info and recommendation on where to buy them!

And, once again, what a NICE wagon!!!
'94 TW
Smithcraft
Second Gear

Post by Smithcraft »

I would suggest looking for an Mi/Alpine Sport since they came with the factory ones, but maybe there aren't too many in Hawaii.

SC
1994 Legacy Mi

2008 Legacy GT SpecB
93Leg-c
Fourth Gear

Post by 93Leg-c »

Oooh, that's nice to know! Thanks!
And I haven't seen ANY Mi/Alpine wagon in HI.
To my knowledge, if any first or second generation Legacy makes it to any junkyard, it is immediately sent to the crusher.
I guess this is getting off topic so I'll stop. :-D
'94 TW
TreyHamik
In Neutral

Post by TreyHamik »

legacymax wrote:I was sold through Craigslist to a guy in Steamboat Springs, Co. I insisted he join this forum as we all know it is an awesome resource.

The skidplate is mounted to the stock locations. 3 bolts on the bottom of the rad support, 2 on the jack plate just rear of the oil pan. It was made out of 1/4 in diamond plate aluminum. I run them on all my Subarus. It proved useful for the blizzard last week on my wife's 2004 forester XT manual.
I live in steamboat and have never seen another turbo wagon aside from the one I used as my donor. You know the guy's name?
legacymax
Second Gear

Post by legacymax »

His name is Peter and he goes to School in Bozeman, MT. He will be back for the summer so i am sure you will see it driving around!
88 Toyota fj62 OME lift.