Strange beeping noise...

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

dankberries
Second Gear

Strange beeping noise...

Post by dankberries »

Today when I went to start my car, it was making a beeping noise that I have never heard before. It's coming from the dash/cluster area. It's very bizarre and has never happened until now. I tried pushing all the different buttons(lights, defrost, HVAC,stereo,opening & closing doors) to see if it would change but nothing made it go away. The car does not have an alarm system. I'm sort of stumped, does anybody know what's going on? Is the car having its own 216,000 mile celebration?!
beeping noise video
93 impreza rally muffin
93 legacy ss Tarmac Terminator
89 Nissan 240sx sr20
90 Nissan 240sx 2jz
killajamal wrote:Dank is actually German for "silly term which the kids have come up with to describe exceptionally choice marijuana.''
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Strange beeping noise...

Post by Legacy777 »

So there's no other alarm, radio, or other sources that you could think of?

Does the noise go away when you close the door with the key in the ignition? If so, it could be that the door buzzer in the gauge cluster is broken/not working right.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
dankberries
Second Gear

Re: Strange beeping noise...

Post by dankberries »

Legacy777 wrote:So there's no other alarm, radio, or other sources that you could think of?

Does the noise go away when you close the door with the key in the ignition? If so, it could be that the door buzzer in the gauge cluster is broken/not working right.
No alarm, radio, or other sources.

The noise was with all doors closed, I opened and closed all doors to confirm, the car was running and the noise finally went away after driving about 5 miles. It was a one time deal and has not reoccurred. All I can think that exists in that area is the door alarm, something weird happened and made that unfamiliar noise. Like a dying door alarm.. As long as it doesn't come back I have no interest in taking things apart to pursue it.
93 impreza rally muffin
93 legacy ss Tarmac Terminator
89 Nissan 240sx sr20
90 Nissan 240sx 2jz
killajamal wrote:Dank is actually German for "silly term which the kids have come up with to describe exceptionally choice marijuana.''