Series 1, JDM parts sources ?

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

stevieturbo
In Neutral

Series 1, JDM parts sources ?

Post by stevieturbo »

Anyone know of good suppliers ? either new or used parts.

ie front wing/fender, indicators for a 1989/1990 series 1. JDM also being a little different than later cars, mostly in terms of the indicator lens which protrudes with the built in side repeater.

Normal non JDM wings should fit ok, the JDM side moulding would cover the hole for their side repeater ok

Or even any carbon/fibreglass replacements if good quality ?
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Series 1, JDM parts sources ?

Post by Legacy777 »

Welcome to the BBS.

Unfortunately those parts were rather difficult to find back in the day and are even more difficult to find now. I don't know of any, but maybe someone else does.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
stevieturbo
In Neutral

Post by stevieturbo »

Hi Josh and thanks.

Yea, I've been searching. Wings are close enough to a non JDM that happy enough to get a normal wing, only difference is JDM has no side repeater. Have a pair on order now from Subaru, may consider getting carbon copies made from them, at least when a mould is made we can have an easy supply of them.

Indicator is more awkward as it is JDM specific as it has the side repeater protruding from the lens. We did manage to get one about 3 years ago from a local Subaru dealer, although that guy is on holiday at the minute so cant find out if the right side is available yet.

Would be interested in any tail lights or rear panels for the JDM cars though if anyone had any. Tail lights seem same for Series 1, boot panel eems unique to JDM as number plate resides in the bumper with them, whereas all other countries it seems to reside on the boot/trunk itself.

It's for a road/race car that unfortunately doesnt always stay on the road when racing lol and suffers the occasional injury, hence looking to stock up on these hard to get parts.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Yeah, if you're racing this car then securing those hard to find parts is a must!
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
stevieturbo
In Neutral

Post by stevieturbo »

Or tell the driver to stop bumping into things lol