1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Re: Joe's 1992 Legacy SS/TW Documentary

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-Thanks Josh.
-A little update. Car sat for bout a month, needed a transmission already. Something internally went wrong so I bought a 2004 wrx, re-built trans and put that in. Car runs better than before.

-Joe
-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book. ~Moog
bcmaxx
First Gear

Post by bcmaxx »

CAV3MAN227 wrote:-Installed the garage door front lip. Came out good but probably could of done it better by taking off the front bumper, plus did it at night with just cell phone light.

-Joe
What lip is that?? Looks great!!!!
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-Its for a car garage door (rubber). I found it at Lowes for under twenty bucks. Comes in a couple different lengths. Screw it in, cut to length, now you have a lip lol!

-Joe
-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book. ~Moog
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-Long time since I've posted here. Been through a few vehicles since my black wagon. Even tried to buy it back! But today, I'm back into another Legacy!!!

-It's a 1991 turbo with an auto. 130k miles. Owned by a grandma that bought it dealership brand new. She passed away and it went to the next of kin in which they didn't want it... didn't know what they had so got it for a good deal. Garaged most of its life so paint is still in real good shape. Needs a little TLC but nothing major. I can just get in it and drive. Everything works, even the a/c. Interior is mint.

-More pics coming soon. I now also work at a Subaru dealership as a Tech, which is a plus for discounts! Yay me!

-Joe
just-rust
First Gear

Post by just-rust »

Welcome back! That is a nice score. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.
Rusty 1991 EJ22T - VF28 - '07 wrx TMIC - MBC - Invidia DP - Walbro 255 SOLD
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, with some neat stuff on it
Pntaste4evr99
Winestone Cowboy

Post by Pntaste4evr99 »

Very nice and clean looking 91!
94 Winestone SS 5MT Rob 550 20g. (Pickle)
Original WA car with 460k miles and climbing
dankberries
Second Gear

Post by dankberries »

Nice find! What dealership are you at?
93 impreza rally muffin
93 legacy ss Tarmac Terminator
89 Nissan 240sx sr20
90 Nissan 240sx 2jz
killajamal wrote:Dank is actually German for "silly term which the kids have come up with to describe exceptionally choice marijuana.''
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-Thanks guys.
-I'm at Autonation Subaru West, in Golden, CO.

-I cleaned up the car real good tonight. Got it up on the rack, checked out a bunch of stuff. Really good shape. I'll try to get some pics of it tomorrow while at work.

-Joe
dankberries
Second Gear

Post by dankberries »

CAV3MAN227 wrote:-Thanks guys.
-I'm at Autonation Subaru West, in Golden, CO.

-Joe
Nice! That's my favorite dealership, been going to them for years. Jason in the parts department is outstanding. I was just in there on Wednesday.
93 impreza rally muffin
93 legacy ss Tarmac Terminator
89 Nissan 240sx sr20
90 Nissan 240sx 2jz
killajamal wrote:Dank is actually German for "silly term which the kids have come up with to describe exceptionally choice marijuana.''
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-That's good. Jason is awesome and you came on my day off lol.

-Well had some more closer looks at my new tleg tonight. Put new belts on, spark plugs and wires. The bad is I'm going to have to pull the manifold. Found a coolant leak, prob. from the throttle body to iacv and everything that's suppose to be rubber is brittle plastic. It's a bit of work but it's worth it.

ImageIMG_0646 by Joe McGuire, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0648 by Joe McGuire, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0647 by Joe McGuire, on Flickr

-Joe
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-Well a coolant leak developed under the manifold so I had to pull it to fix it. I also replaced a bunch of other stuff as well as upgrading the turbo to a td04 and a 06 wrx tmic. Have to say it drives much nicer and I don't mind the automatic.

ImageIMG_0652 by Joe McGuire, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0655 by Joe McGuire, on Flickr

-Joe
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-It's not pretty my any means but it's a start. I plan on fabricating some intake parts like I've done in the past but for now this works just fine.

-Joe
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-Swapped out some seats today...
IMG_0669 by Joe McGuire, on Flickr

IMG_0668 by Joe McGuire, on Flickr

-Joe
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-More Tinkering... Did my front lip again and painted my rear garnish. Also got a new toolbox!
ImageIMG_0694 by Joe McGuire, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0695 by Joe McGuire, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0693 by Joe McGuire, on Flickr

-Joe
Pntaste4evr99
Winestone Cowboy

Post by Pntaste4evr99 »

Those boxes only cost about 5 SS's. Maybe more lol. I'm to cheap to buy a box single box, that's why I have like 6 crappy ones full! Congrats on it though! On a side note, I get a lot of subie boxes and bags at work. I install them and make them shinny:)
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-Yea the box's aren't cheap but I feel I got a good deal on this one.

-Built my own intake yesterday. It's not pretty but it works.

ImageIMG_0696 by Joe McGuire, on Flickr

-Joe
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

ImageIMG_0739 by Joe McGuire, on Flickr

-Joe
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-Put on a 3" turbo back MRT exhaust last week. Could be a little louder but I'm very happy with it.

-Bad news, the automatic gave up on me. Think the tail shaft took a dump. Still drivable but. There's a knocking sound coming from the back of the trans. Now it will have to sit till I can come up with the funds to manual swap it, like I did my 92 black wagon ;(

-Joe
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-The TLEG in the early morning sun
ImageIMG_0807 by Joe McGuire, on Flickr

-Joe
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-So found out my front diff was the culprit, missing a couple teeth on the ring gear. Nothing wrong with the auto trans, just the diff. In the mean time I have been saving for the manual swap. Well just two days ago I came across a great deal for a factory 5 speed out of a 92 ss. Saturday I started taking things apart. Got the auto out in two hours, taking my time but hopefully by next weekend the car will be up and running again. Pics coming soon!

-Joe
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-Got the pedals in tonight. Slowly but surely, it will get done!

-Joe
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-So I just swapped my 91 tleg to a five speed. Everything is done but I'm having an issue with getting the key out of the ignition. What am I missing?

-Joe
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

CAV3MAN227 wrote:-So I just swapped my 91 tleg to a five speed. Everything is done but I'm having an issue with getting the key out of the ignition. What am I missing?

-Joe
-I figured it out. Had to do with the shift lock.
-Car is back on the road. Was finally able to bring it home after months of sitting.

Joe
Pntaste4evr99
Winestone Cowboy

Post by Pntaste4evr99 »

Congrats on five forward gears!