WTB: Seattle/Tacoma - Turbo Radiator

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
253.Asmo
First Gear

WTB: Seattle/Tacoma - Turbo Radiator

Post by 253.Asmo »

Hey all - Looking for a turbo radiator in good shape in the Seattle - Tacoma - Olympia area.

I bought someone's piece of a 92 SS, already had the exhaust manifolds nearly fall off one side, couple other things, and now it's overheating on short drives in 30deg weather. Looks like I have a cracked radiator, probably bad thermostat as well; was very intermittent overheating for awhile, and now today it's blowing ice cold and no heat to lower hose or much of radiator.

Really hoping someone in the area has a nice rad they're not using, it would be a lifesaver! (whatever happened to the plethora of Koyo's that used to be on ebay? I can't find anything but N/A rads now or $250 mishi's)

Thanks!
'94 White SS / 5MT - daily, absolute piece of a beater

'90 Red Sedan - EJ22T / 5mt Swap - drove it, SOLD it

'91 black SS / 5MT - (215/230k miles. eng/body)
[RIP - drove, hit, cracked a piston, swapped and stripped for swap again]
Blackbart
Vendor
Vendor

Re: WTB: Seattle/Tacoma - Turbo Radiator

Post by Blackbart »

Sounds like a maybe head gasket to me. If not, I have radiators.
253.Asmo
First Gear

Post by 253.Asmo »

The way it was acting, I was thinking along the same lines.

It had somehow gotten a little low on coolant, pulled some air into the system, and needed a serious burping, seems fine now. I can tell how long I've been away from cars, it just didn't register that it could be so simple... :-/

Are you back bart? I was working on getting some parts from you a couple months back, I'll PM you here soon :)

Blackbart
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Blackbart »

253.Asmo wrote:The way it was acting, I was thinking along the same lines.

It had somehow gotten a little low on coolant, pulled some air into the system, and needed a serious burping, seems fine now. I can tell how long I've been away from cars, it just didn't register that it could be so simple... :-/

Are you back bart? I was working on getting some parts from you a couple months back, I'll PM you here soon :)
I just got back from 4 months at Standing Rock, sick beyond belief.
253.Asmo
First Gear

Post by 253.Asmo »

I remember when you took off, and I've been following the news closely. I hail from liberal Seattle, and what's been going on in Standing Rock is just deplorable. :(

Do you know any of the folks protesting on the Capitol Mall in DC this week? I'm sending some energy their way man.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk