Ej22 engine mounts on Ej22T

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Aluxes
In Neutral

Ej22 engine mounts on Ej22T

Post by Aluxes »

Hey everyone pretty new to this forum and this is what I have going on. 93 ej22t in a 97 impreza OBS with a 93 Legacy sport front x-member. Bought a set of Megan Racing engine mounts and found out during engine install that the mounts wont fit into the legacy mount brackets, so I tried to swap the mount brackets from the ej22 na. Well the brackets stick out past the block towards the transmisson and dont sit flat against the block. Are they too different to use with the turbo block? I had an understanding the mounts for all ej engines were the same. If the na brackets wont work is there an upgrade available for the turbo block? Thanks in advance for any advice.
Alphius
Fourth Gear

Re: Ej22 engine mounts on Ej22T

Post by Alphius »

They should fit, the mounting is the same. Are they reversed side-to-side? That's a common issue.
Generally, the mounts can be different but the bracket that goes with the mount will always properly bolt to any EJ. Subaru changed mount/bracket design several times over the years, but I always keep the mounts with the proper brackets and have no issues.
Aluxes
In Neutral

Post by Aluxes »

Thanks Alphius. Thats what I thought. This engine is only temporary so when I put in the fresh rebuild Ill recheck everything again. Whew what a project.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Welcome to the BBS and yeah sounds like a pretty nice project.

I'm going to move this to the engine forum.

Thanks
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm