20 years of Legacy Central

FAQs, community and board information.

Moderator: Moderators

DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

20 years of Legacy Central

Post by DLC »

I first posted about my 1990 Legacy L+ back soon after I got it in 1999. February 5th I posted the following:
I went in to the Q-Lube that I used to work at today. I changed the fluids in the rear differential, final drive and auto transmission. For a vehicle with nearly 90k miles, I don't think any of them have ever been changed. If they had ever been drained, it was some time ago, and they sure did need it again. There are perks with knowing the manager at a lube shop, you get great discounts (read: free) services that would cost you a lot otherwise. If you haven't changed the fluids in your boxes recently, do it, nothing is more important for the reliable operation of your AWD system than to keep clean fluid in them.
This year is 20 since I posted that. I haven't owned a Subaru for a few years now, for various and sundry reasons, but that doesn't mean I don't look at the nice Forester XT, BC Legacy, BP Legacy GT, WRX STI, or even the odd Crosstrek.

It started as something for me, and turned in to something for you. I'm good with that.

Thanks to Josh, all of the moderators, and the excellent community we've made here.
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
originalcyn
Fourth Gear

Re: 20 years of Legacy Central

Post by originalcyn »

Best car community I've had the pleasure of being a part of.
Kijan

1993 Legacy LS | PBM 227
2004 Forester 2.5XT Premium | JBP 18L
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Agreed, out of all the communities that have come and gone and I participated in; this is the one I keep coming back to and is close to my heart. That is not only because I still have my 1990 Legacy, but because of the BBS's members. They make this community what it is.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Omega79
Second Gear

Post by Omega79 »

Agree with it all. Such fond memories that I now have 2 more "BC"s. A '92 SS and a 93 n/a wagon :)

An endlessly helpful friendly community, solid cars that I am very familiar with now and know their quirks. My wife and I decided we don't want new cars anymore. Selling our newest car while it still holds some value and will daily the 2 Legacys instead!
lucas wrote:There were multiple Legacys with 300k+ miles. Jesus will return on a Turbo Lego.
allnines'
Second Gear

Post by allnines' »

I parted ways with my last first gen. Leggy-a BC last year-I'm in the middle of "rebuilding"-read-she was a very neglected GF '96 impreza. Close as I'll get to another first gen. Leggy. So, on that note-I'll still head to this AWESOME FORUM :-D
Legacys are like potato chips-you can't stop at one!
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

I haven't owned a 1st-gen Legacy in some 7 or 8 years. I still own a Subaru, but as I get older and my responsibilities continue to grow, my spare time for leisurely online surfing continues to dwindle. Thus, my activity here has all but dropped off a cliff, and it appears the same has happened for a lot of other longtime members, not to mention that online forums in general have fallen out of fashion.

Nonetheless, every once in a while, I will still type bbs.legacycentral.org into my browser.

It's partially out of a hard-dying habit, but mostly because I like seeing what others who are still active in the community are up to and because it remains the only online forum, automotive related or otherwise, that I feel like I can call home.

Even if it eventually has to just become an archive, I hope LegacyCentral never, ever goes away.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
allnines'
Second Gear

Post by allnines' »

I know most do facebook-but, I don't-I enjoy the fourms
Legacys are like potato chips-you can't stop at one!
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

DerFahrer wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 3:54 am Even if it eventually has to just become an archive, I hope LegacyCentral never, ever goes away.
Dave and I both certainly want this site to remain and don't have any intentions of letting it fade away, even if it becomes more of an archive.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
major_tom
In Neutral

Post by major_tom »

Still here and still on the road in my '92 L wagon...295k mi and counting!

Thanks to everyone who continues to be a part of this community - these cars are becoming rarer and rarer as are parts sources and the esoteric know-how of experienced enthusiasts. I'll be more active this summer as the Yeti goes into heavy maintenance to recover from three hard years on Great Lakes roads.
'92 L Wagon "the Yeti" - 295k mi and still running!

Turbo wheels n' Pirelli P6s / KYB GR2s / EBC Greenstuff pads + rotors / Walbro 255 / Apex'i airbox filter
Olduser1
First Gear

Post by Olduser1 »

I enjoy the forum esp. the archive folder, its still a great resource packed full of facts and real life experiences of running an older model Legacy.
I'm into my 70's these days and still believe if someone made it I can repair/fix it.
In England there are less than 20 BC BF Legacy's left on the road,my BC was built in October 1991 but not registered until August 1992.
This forum provides a friendly advice to help owners keep their Legacy's on the road & who enjoy the occasional woosh in a Legacy BC Turbo.
Here's to the next 20 years.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Amazing that it has been this long. I've been here over a decade. With the invention of Facebook and groups being created like the 1st Gen/2nd gen legacy group and many other Subaru groups and my phone over taking the roll of my PC, I have been pretty absent. Recently I've started checking back in. I miss this forum. Hands down the best forum out there and I'm on 35-40 of them.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

This was the first online community that I made myself a part of. Of all the others that I've browsed, and the few I've joined, it's still the best.
I've recently let my last first gen go off to car heaven, but I'll likely never stop checking in here. It also seems that I can't go too long without a BC in my life, anyway...
Thanks for everything you do, Dave, Josh, all the mods, and long-time and new users.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.