92 Touring wagon Drop links

Struts, spring, anti-rollbars, braces and the like.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

scypher45
In Neutral

92 Touring wagon Drop links

Post by scypher45 »

Hello! I hope this forum is not too dead. I am in the process of showing my newly purchased touring wagon some TLC and I am undecided of what would be the right thing to do. My sway bar end link bushings are completely shot however I can't seem to find new bushings anywhere.

Is iot possible to still by the drop link style bushings anywhere?

From my research it seems that I can upgrade my lateral links in order to use the newer C style links however they would not seem to fit my sway bar. Is there any modification that I can do to make them fit? Beefy bushings? weld in washers? I have been trying to search the forum for specific answers so as not too post a redundant question however most of the posts are so old that it was still possible top buy the drop links.

I appreciate any help that I can get and I will start a build thread if anyone is interested in my project wagon.
jefferson
Third Gear

Re: 92 Touring wagon Drop links

Post by jefferson »

You might be able to find some polyurethane bushings that would work. Just have to measure yours and compare to what they have available.
91 Black SS 5spd. Edm lights, wrx gauges in dash, 45 degree airbox, cryoed drilled and slotted brakes. Invidia divorced downpipe with custom stainless exhaust. To be installed, aluminum a-arms, manual belts, awic.
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

I have the same rear swaybar (a long out of production BC Whiteline bar) now with c-links as when I had droplinks. Worked without issue. I didn't notice any handling difference between the lateral link styles.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
scypher45
In Neutral

Post by scypher45 »

Awesome, thank you. I will get the adjustable lateral links and update if I need to modify the sway bar or if it just works.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

scoobiedoo22
First Gear

Post by scoobiedoo22 »

I have a set of Whiteline links made for our later links that I might be willing to sell. Message me if you're interested.
1991 Legacy SS 5-Speed

1999 Impreza 2.5RS Coupe