Legacy Sport (sedan) is Back!

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

wtdash
Fifth Gear

Legacy Sport (sedan) is Back!

Post by wtdash »

https://www.subaru.com/2023-legacy
The 2023 Legacy Sport features a standard 2.4-liter direct-injection SUBARU BOXER engine with a twin scroll turbocharger, delivering 260 horsepower and up to 277 pound-feet of torque for exciting acceleration and confident power on every drive. A sport-tuned suspension gives you precise and responsive control. On the exterior, you’ll find eye-catching red accents, a rear spoiler, and 18-inch alloy wheels with a new design and an exclusive gray finish for high-energy style, even at rest.

right @ 100 more hp/torque than the 'original'. :-)

Personally, I'm still not 'all in' on the maws of most new cars. This reminds of Hondas. But maybe it'll grow on me...like the new WRX = Not. :roll:
Turbo Subies:
'87 GL-10 Turbo - SOLD
'90 BJ EJ22T/DOHC & 5speed swap - SOLD
'04 FXT, Forged internals, VF39, STI TMIC, Cobb AP- SOLD
'93 Legacy SS - 5-speed, SOLD :-(
'02 WRX -SOLD
'96 BD-turbo'd-SOLD
'98 SF - NA-T
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Legacy Sport (sedan) is Back!

Post by Legacy777 »

Yeah....it's kind of boring looking....looks like every other Honda or Toyota similar sedan.

The interior looks pretty much the same as my 2020 Outback. If I was in the market for a new sedan....it would probably be worth considering if you want AWD. However, that motor/transmission combo isn't slow but it's not super fast either. it would probably be quicker since the Outback probably weighs more. Additionally, the mileage isn't super stellar. Again, it'll probably be better than my Outback due to weight and aero but I on average get between 21-22 mpg in town.

So overall, the "sport" model probably falls short of some its competitors on real-world mileage. Its main selling point is likely the AWD and that "it's a Subaru" :)
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
wtdash
Fifth Gear

Post by wtdash »

From MT:
Even the Outback XT models—powered by a 260-hp turbo flat-four that replaces the last Outback's available six-cylinder engine—manage a highway driving range of just over 550 miles. When we tested our one-year Outback XT, it managed an impressive 0-60 time of 5.9 seconds. That's as quick as some WRX and WRX STIs we've tested, not to mention quicker than any competitor we tested through 2020.
So, yeah, the Sedan should be quicker than the XT w/the same power and less weight...depending on gearing of course.

Also, the CR is up '2.6 points' over the old EJ22T: Compression Ratio: 10.6:1 Per the Wiki page. And it runs on '87'. Assuming DI helps with the tuning? Impressive what today's ECUs can do.

And just for comparison to the ol' H6:
Our one-year Outback Onyx XT is also an entire second quicker to 60 mph than a 2018 Outback 3.6R we've tested
Turbo Subies:
'87 GL-10 Turbo - SOLD
'90 BJ EJ22T/DOHC & 5speed swap - SOLD
'04 FXT, Forged internals, VF39, STI TMIC, Cobb AP- SOLD
'93 Legacy SS - 5-speed, SOLD :-(
'02 WRX -SOLD
'96 BD-turbo'd-SOLD
'98 SF - NA-T
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Yeah, the DI helps with the tuning. I can tell you I haven't had any detonation or issues with running 87 octane on my Outback XT. I'm sure with some tuning and premium fuel I could pick up some more power if I wanted to mess with it.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm