Both passenger windows stopped working

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

max604047
In Neutral

Both passenger windows stopped working

Post by max604047 »

Hi guys I have a 91ss and both windows on the passenger side stopped rolling down. Both of them worked fine a while ago so I don’t think the motors went out? Could this be a bad window relay? The driver side windows work perfectly fine.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Both passenger windows stopped working

Post by Legacy777 »

Hi Max and welcome!

All the windows and wiring go through the main driver switch. So if the driver window switch is removed none of the windows work. I would suggest tracing the wiring and testing the motor of each passenger side window to make sure the motor works and then start working backwards in the wiring to the driver's switch.

These wiring diagrams are for the 90 Legacy, but should give you guidance to the wiring in your 91SS. I don't know if the wiring is exactly the same or not....I suspect the chassis wiring should be the same or very similar.

https://main.experiencetherave.com/suba ... agrams.zip
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
max604047
In Neutral

Re: Both passenger windows stopped working

Post by max604047 »

Legacy777 wrote:Hi Max and welcome!

All the windows and wiring go through the main driver switch. So if the driver window switch is removed none of the windows work. I would suggest tracing the wiring and testing the motor of each passenger side window to make sure the motor works and then start working backwards in the wiring to the driver's switch.

These wiring diagrams are for the 90 Legacy, but should give you guidance to the wiring in your 91SS. I don't know if the wiring is exactly the same or not....I suspect the chassis wiring should be the same or very similar.

https://main.experiencetherave.com/suba ... agrams.zip
Thank you Josh i will look into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk