Newer Models ?

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

stanmo
In Neutral

Newer Models ?

Post by stanmo »

Hi,

It's my first post on here, I haven't seen another forum devoted to the Subaru Legacy, so please tell me if there is another more appropriate to my interests.

My wife has a UK spec '02 H6 legacy outback, with 3.0l engine.

I was wondering if anyone has one of these and has modified it ?
I'm more used to the following the Impreza has on scoobynet; however very few of the members on that forum have legacys.

I know the latest models have an equal length manifold and remapped ECU to bring the power up to 245PS+; however these parts don't appear as valid factory options. I was wondering what the cheapest and easiest ways to up the power would be; as the chassis could cope with lots more.
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

You won't find very many people on here with anything newer than a 94. Scoobynet is a very good resource, but skewed heavily towards the Impreza. NASIOC has a good Legacy forum though, with some international flavor at times.

Dave
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
TireIron
In Neutral

Post by TireIron »

ive found the legacy forum on nasioc to be very small and without much info. my cousin just picked up an 00 legacy and ive still found this site more useful to find information about it... i think it would be great if we could expand to encompass more of the legacy and truely be a site for all legacys, and no i dont want to lose the bc/bf, i still have my 92 and love the info here i just think having a place to go for the newer legacys would be good.

as for boostin up the 3.0 h6 you can do just about anything that can be done to the svx, k&n drop in, less restrictions in the intake tubeing, high flow cat, high flow muffler or full exhaust. other then that your not lookin at much you can do... unless your really good at doin engine internal work, some good porting and polishing, or able to regrind cams or want to pay to have a set ground for you.
92 legacy turbo auto awd, no mods yet

96 svx, still a baby
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

You might lose bottom end replacing the muffler with a high-flow. IIRC the 3.0 H6 has a two stage muffler (and intake) like the 360 Modena.

What I suggest to make every car w1k1D $00p3R f4$t 1$ 2 + iceman cold intake, lighted windshield washers, and Kamikaze bodykit, yo. Then cut your springs and drop it so you bounce like a front end loader at 30mph.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
subafreak
First Gear

Post by subafreak »

I always thought there were alot of other sites for the newer Legacys. Everytime I searched for Turbo Legacy, I got info on newer models like either Libertys or 2.5GTs. Thats what I like about this site is that its all BC-BF, as stated in the other thread "Most under appreciated car of the 90's" I don't think we need to clutter it up with people looking for ways to mod the "popular" Legacys or Outbacks. Not that there is anything wrong with that it's just that it's not what this site is about.
92 SVX 6 speed, 165 shot NOS, Koni GC
91 Legacy S.S. FMIC, TD04 (so what?)
90 Legacy wagon (Beater)
92 Loyal monster wagon (EJ22) and 30" tires.
78 BRAT (EJ22T comming)

I blow s@#t up.