surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Re: Joe's 1992 Legacy SS Documentary

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

^Thanks, I really like it too. What a nice fit for my setup.
-So after a good week of working on the car when I had time, my MRT front mount is finally complete. I took some daily pics of the progress:

-So this is how it started:

-Mocking pieces up:

-Bumper fits now after cutting it up a bit:

-The completion, prob. going to take it back apart, paint pieces, clean it up a bit:

-Joe
-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book. ~Moog
keithmoilanen
Second Gear

Post by keithmoilanen »

I have the same steering wheel I almost thought u had my car
2018 WRX
1991 Legacy Turbo
Sold 1989 Lifted Wagon
Sold 1987 Wagon
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-Some pics of the car I took on Saturday:

-Joe
-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book. ~Moog
keithmoilanen
Second Gear

Post by keithmoilanen »

Looks good
2018 WRX
1991 Legacy Turbo
Sold 1989 Lifted Wagon
Sold 1987 Wagon
COTruckin
First Gear

Post by COTruckin »

Lookin good Joe, can't wait to see it at the meet.
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

Very Nice
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-Thanks for the comments guys.
-Put in some HiD's today:

-Joe
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

That sucks that the bumper has that center depression for the plate. The pre-facelift (at least the non turbo) has a bracket underneath, so you can move the plate over to the side without leaving an obvious license plate pocket behind. Of course, that also means you can only move it so far before you cover a blinker, but I guess something's always got to be a PITA. I don't know how cops are there, but I had one give me shit about my plate when it was mounted in the stock location. He didn't notice it at first and accused me of not having one. After I told him to check again, he said it was too low. I told him to take it up with the NHTSA for approving the stock mounting location as being there, then I wondered out loud if those same people would still be working there from 1990.

If you paint the IC black, most people would never even notice it.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

^Yea it does suck. I'd like to do a 90-91 front-end swap someday, but the license plate was blocking the middle of IC. I was thinking of evo's and my work van, how the license plate is mounted off to the side, so I went ahead and moved it. I really was debating if I should move it cause I've had my own share of problems with cops with previous cars, so I know whats its like. Sounds like to me the cop was a D-bag and giving you a hard time.
-I was debating on painting the IC black. Apparently the IC was black but the previous owner stripped the paint off it. But being on the very front of the car, I would have it painted professionally instead of the easy rattle-can method.

-Joe
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

Looking good, like the pictures. Keep em coming.
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
macipusy
Third Gear

Post by macipusy »

How's the lag now, with that FMIC and the td04?
maciek puszynski

01 Impreza | v6 STi RA | 5mt | ej236t
93 Legacy Turbo | TW | 4eat | ej22t
16 WRX | 6mt | fa20
98 Legacy GT | wagon | 5mt | ej25d

2.36L Turbo - RSTi Build
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

^Its more noticeable than a tmic for sure, but if you keep it in boost, shift quick, it does pull better. Feels like the car has more torque. If I was rich I would of done dyno runs before and after :/

-Joe
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-Been a while here for a post from me. Not much going on as work has been slow and no money to do anything to the car. Car did break this week, second time for only the last three plus years, so not bad in my eyes, considering it just turned 220,000 miles.
-Some shots of what happened:
-Bolt snapped and pulley came loose. Luckily the UDP kept it in or I would of been stuck on the freeway. Thanks to Slodrive for helping me and getting my car back on the road.

-Joe
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-Today was finally a nice day, a little hint of spring. So I spent the day getting some free, miscellaneous projects done.
-My bass knob had started acting up on me, after so many years of use and abuse it was time to swap it out. To do this all the interior had to come out.

-Still have a few other projects to do that don't cost any money and quite a few that do!

-Joe
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Did you go back to recirc? I noticed your bov is gone and it looks like its routed back before the turbo. How come you could just replace the gain knob?
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-Yes, the HKS got old. Just went back to the old BPV for now till I can afford the GFB BOV that I want. It also got relocated too. Before, there was a nipple near the battery where the air would exhale out of the HKS. Wrong if you ask me, just to far away from the TB.
-Well that's what I did. I was using an old school gain knob, that worked with rca cables. So from stereo to knob, one rca, then from knob to amp, another rca cable. Now there is just one rca cable from the stereo to the amp and the amp I have had a bass gain knob that came with it, 3.5mm jack at each end. I've hung onto it just for this reason and thank god I did. I wouldn't have subs without a bass knob. Just to much trouble messing with stereo settings if the bass is to much.

-Joe
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-Nice out today, so decided to Sea Foam the car. Here is a quick video, after startup, waiting the 5-10 mins:
https://www.facebook.com/video/video.ph ... _processed

-Joe
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-I've been stuck with a code 41 for a while now. Does 17 in/hg at 1000 idle rpms sounds about right? Was wondering if anyone could answer that for me, or could tell me anything about vacuum so I can rule that out.

-Joe
BiNiaRiS
First Gear

Post by BiNiaRiS »

I've got 41 as well. Doesn't seem to affect performance at all though. Would love to figure out how to get rid of it though.
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-Well the book shows that the car is running lean. But based on my wideband, AFR's look fine.

-Joe
CFK
Second Gear

Post by CFK »

Sucks to hear about the Pulley letting loose, looks like you got it sorted now though.

Car looks great, Love the all red. nice intercooler set-up. I hate my TMIC already, annoying to take off , hits my hood and can't run my STI Carbon strut mount brace. oh well, one day.

Getting rid of the AC frees up alot of room to. Might go that route when i do my motor swap. Wish I could get rid of the emissions stuff to. These bays are way to crowded !

well hopefully you get er back on the road for NWSS :!:
Build Thread : HERE
92 SS 5MT. Project Daily
84 Jetta Coupe. Real Project
99 A4 Avant. Wife's Daily
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

CAV3MAN227 wrote:-I've been stuck with a code 41 for a while now. Does 17 in/hg at 1000 idle rpms sounds about right? Was wondering if anyone could answer that for me, or could tell me anything about vacuum so I can rule that out.

-Joe
-Well I have ruled out the MAF and the o2 sensor. Still stuck with a CEL. I hate it when I cant track down the problem. This happened way back with the IAC, turned out to be the ECU the whole time, but it took a very long time to figure that one out. And here I am again, lost. But at least the car runs I suppose. Gotta have something to be thankful for.

-Joe
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-Since the snow stopped, got to check out the CEL, now with more codes. 22, 24 and 41. I have no clue whats going on. car still runs but this is a huge annoyance.

-Joe
__TT__
First Gear

Post by __TT__ »

hey caveman. I'm a local 1st genr too in littleton. although mines in the garage for some massive upgrades. when i'm done we should meet up
94 tleggy wagon, 22t with 2.5 dohc heads, pp6, tdo4, fmic, 3inch catless bpm turbo back, wrx brakes, MANY interior mods to list