kimokalihi's 91 SS EJ20 Swap

Information about specific car builds.

Moderator: Moderators

cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Re: kimokalihi's 91 SS EJ20 Swap

Post by cj91legss »

Eh, You'll change your mind someday. And Yea i forgot about that...
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

cj91legss wrote:Hahahaha dammit stephen, your sense of humor is awesome...
Thanks?
Its about all I have left. I does make my life easier to deal with.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

93Leg-c wrote:But, if it doesn't fit properly, the company that did it really should make it right. That's part of the windshield replacement process. They can remove it without removing the windshield and install the correct molding. It's only a few dollars their cost for the molding.

Agreed, they should replace it. When I had my windshield replaced several years ago, the aftermarket piece didn't fit right, and they had to get one from Subaru so it fit properly. I'd go back and have them get the piece from Subaru.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Hmm ill have a closer look at it. I guess just not having that ugly gap after so long satisfied me haha.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

New garage banner!

"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Thesubielover
Third Gear

Post by Thesubielover »

Did you purposly organize all of your liquids on top of your tool chest just for the pic? Lol, it wasnt that clean when I was there. kidding. Cant wait to see the group again. Should be a b,ast
93ss 3inch tbe, Hallman mbc,06 wrx td04, tmic, bov, bugeye seatsStolen x2, sold
93ss Stroker,440cc inj, VF39, '06 TMIC, EJ20G heads & intake, EJ25 crank, 4.11Traded
93ss 4eat, coils, stanced, wraped, flat black, stock show car
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

What's a b,ast?

:-D
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

You don't want to know...lol. I did not actually. Those are all my detailing products that are collecting dust. Ill use them before wcss though.
sqc151
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by sqc151 »

nice press.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Yeah its nice 20 ton press. Essentially brand new I tried using it to do wheel bearings but it could get the bearing race all the way into the hub so I gave up and replaced the whole hub. Wasted my money on all new bearings for the car. It pressed it in all the way except about 1/16" and the hub wobbled so it was useless.
sqc151
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by sqc151 »

thanks for the review. i was thinking of getting one but dont need to mash shit often... :P
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Waste of money is all. Haven't used it except that time and I've had it almost 2 years.
Dominator
First Gear

Post by Dominator »

I used a press just like that on my wheel bearing service. Used it to press out the hub from the bearing. I've been looking for a used one locally. I did mine with a buddy at a shop he worked at. I didn't seat the hub into the bearing with that though, I used something like this. I just got one for my own tool collection last month.

kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Robert came down and we installed his HKS FCD and turned his boost up to 14 lbs.

Dominator
First Gear

Post by Dominator »

Awesome pictures. Where's your snow?
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Thanks! But, no thanks on the snow. A year ago I "totalled" my car in the snow. I've had quite enough of snow. Busted windshield, dents all over and $900 check is all I got for totalling my car, according to their books and now I have a salvage title.
Dominator
First Gear

Post by Dominator »

No I remember that incident, that sucked reading what you went through. I was meaning there's no snow there in those pictures. Is it spring time in the rest of the world already? It'll be April before we see the bare ground like that.
Alphius
Fourth Gear

Post by Alphius »

We didn't really get any appreciable snow in Washington this year, at least down off the mountains.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Yeah winter is over here. Just rain and 40-50 degrees F.
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

kimokalihi wrote:Yeah winter is over here. Just rain and 40-50 degrees F.
Would you prefer feet of snow, freezing temps and downed trees across the road?
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Hell no. Bring the rain. Worst that could happen is a leaky sunroof but its in the garage for a while now so I'm safe.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Its been too long without an update. And that's because its just been sitting in the driveway with no insurance. But the last couple days I found some time to address a few problems. First off, my tps. Its been giving me problems causing the engine to stall during cruising and sometimes when accelerating. The cel confirmed the tps was at fault. I bought a very nice used fluke 88v digital multimeter and went through the diagnostic steps in the FSM. The specs are a little off and the voltage increases and decreases smoothly when opening and closing the throttle so I'm baffled there. I already replaced it with another used tps and that yielded the same results. The continuity shake-the-harness test passed too. Wtf! So I gave in and dropped 3 bills on a new tps from subaru. Don't see what else could be wrong.

While I was messing with that I noticed my throttle cable had some slack so I made a new bracket that allowed for more adjustment of the cable (it was already adjusted to the end) and got the cable nice and snug so I'm able to open the throttle more and the difference was measurable in the extra decrease in voltage at WOT. cool.

Then I redid my bpv setup. It was way too small and the piping was even smaller. I've always had compressor surge pretty bad. I had to take the 2" pipe that is in my Y- to a fab shop and have them weld a 1" pipe out the side.

The BPV is some no name valve that comes with 3 springs and shims so its fully adjustable. Got it off ebay but siliconeintakes.com sells the same one I think.

Had to fab up a new plate to block up the wrx bpv hole on the intercooler.

While I had the intercooler out I removed my downpipe which has a high flow cat in it that a chunk came out of over a year ago and got lodged in my exhaust tip which got very hot and melted my bumper. The chunk was all melted and clogged up so I assume the rest of it was clogged as well. Beat the rest out with a rebar rod and sure enough it was all melted together. Thank god that's gone. Never again will I run a cat.

The car drives good. Seems a bit more responsive but I only drove it for a minute. The tps didn't act up nor did the cel come on but that doesn't mean anything. The compressor surge is history! No more fluttering sound from my turbo. Its probably soo happy now. Just a nice clean pfssshhh.
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-I have a bpv that looks just like that. It came off an old Saab 9000 or something along that line.

-Joe
-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book. ~Moog
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

Looks good kimo. Now we just need to get together so i can go for a ride.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

CAV3MAN227 wrote:-I have a bpv that looks just like that. It came off an old Saab 9000 or something along that line.

-Joe
I wonder if the internals are the same.