What are you listening to?

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

now that i understand! :-D

"the only thing things that endure are change and human stupidity"
i think Einstein said that.

ha ha

Chiodos: life is a perception of your own reality
Zach - Legacy Frankenstin
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

What I'm about to say reeks of existentialism, but I've brought several science vs. religion arguments to a halt by saying that neither of them is 100% correct.

We are human, and no matter how hard we try, we make mistakes, whether by carelessness or lack of education.

That said, any and all history, in my opinion, is ultimately just speculation. Of course, we try as hard as we can to apply what knowledge we have to whatever it is we're studying, and as best we can tell, whatever hypotheses we draw from our research are precise and accurate. But, remember, a hypothesis is only valid if it can be disproved. So anything we conclude about anything is only to the best of our knowledge.

But the older a historical fact gets, the more variables come into play, and, in my opinion, the more inaccurate they get.

People who get into science vs. religion arguments are thinking existentially whether they like to admit it or not, so what I just said applies to their argument.

The only reason I interject with that is because I hate listening to people whack themselves off intellectually without trying to arrive at any useful conclusions.

So, all that shit that I just garbled out is a way of saying that I agree with the strong possibility that things were happening on this planet and in this universe waaaaaaaaaaaay before any of the evidence we've collected.

Opeth - Windowpane
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

if you were making fun of me....you win :shock:

ha ha ha but seriously both systems cannot be disproved to begin with, so the idealogical war will continue until all supporters and leaders are done away with, and the "idea" is forgotten or lost. which also probably wont happen.

*ready for chime in from evolution*

blink 182- stockholm syndrome
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

I wasn't making fun of anyone who has been participating in this discussion.

I've gotten in those arguments in the past though.

Reread Steve's last post. See how he used words like "likely" and "believably"? He's intelligently speculating without acting like a dickhead and insisting that his ideas are Gospel-truth.

That's what I respect.

Unheilig - Freiheit

Yes, again. What a fucking awesome song. It has turned me into an instant Unheilig fan.

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

To go any further would get too far into my more personal beliefs and I don't like to discuss them much as I hate proselytizers and the horrors they inspire. However, I eventually get into all of it throughout my Dante Chronicle books and although I frequently show disgust at the hypocrisy and true nature of organized religion to control, I like to think I show respect for other personal points of view as well. Nobody has it all correct. Even if everything I believed was true, there is still so much I don't know that it doesn't matter. At best, I may know there's a door, but dammed if I know what's behind it.

The Evolution Movement is the generally bad protagonist of the Dante series and they are an extrapolation of my social ideas (but not spiritual ones). I did that on purpose to prove a point about the corruption of power and the inherent natural hypocrisy that anybody trying to push a single idealistic philosophy on the whole will have to commit in order to institute it. In order to become the standard of the world, any philosophy would have to be forced upon the natural resistance many people would have to it, negating any positivity of the philosophy. Do the ends justify the means? Ignoring how naively impossible it is, would world peace and harmony be worth the deaths/displacement/subjugation of millions? I leave that up to the reader. It's sometimes easy to say it does when thinking in a general sense, but when the consequences affect people on a personal level it's tough to agree. That's what the main characters have to discover in the first book.

Well, I guess I responded anyway.

The Mountain Goats - Palmcorder Yajna
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

oh i know i got that, im not arguing with anyone here subylver+evolution.
i learned that whole system awhile ago, i knew you weren't making fun of me i was being sarcastic like i always do

i was just continuing the topic and pointing out that the topic will never stop.

i ALSO stopped there. i realize this.. you would know if i started.
i sew the words steve posted and i like the way he thinks and portrays his ideas.
i'm not stepping on any toes believe me.

and so far just by reading his posts i believe and support evolution "steve's" thought process fully

no offense to anyone, although i dont believe i offended anyone

i like talking about this stuff b/c i like learning :-D

and evolution i posted my fog switch pics, let me know what you think.

i'm lost without you- Blink 182
mattyg41383
First Gear

Post by mattyg41383 »

I'll get in on this post

Since The Flood - 24k

They're a pretty sick hardcore/metalcore band out of the Boston area. Kind of along the same vein as Hatebreed.
-Matt
1993 Legacy SS - auto
1997 Impreza coupe
1986 XT - 14.5s @ 95mph
1990 Legacy wagon "the Red Dragon" -sold (300K miles and it lives on)
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

are they like underoath?
mattyg41383
First Gear

Post by mattyg41383 »

SubaruNation wrote:are they like underoath?
I would say no, not at all. From what I know, underoath is kind of emo / sing songy. Since The Flood is more of a straight hardcore style. Think Hatebreed, Bury Your Dead, and Full Blown Chaos as similar styles.

http://www.myspace.com/sincetheflood Check em out.
-Matt
1993 Legacy SS - auto
1997 Impreza coupe
1986 XT - 14.5s @ 95mph
1990 Legacy wagon "the Red Dragon" -sold (300K miles and it lives on)
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Our discussion really can't continue much farther anyway Steve.

As big-headed as it sounds, we're on the verge of going beyond the limits of human comprehension.

And I don't remember which circle of the Inferno it's in, but there is a section devoted strictly to people who try to go beyond the limits of their mind.

Not that I care. I'm probably going to a circle lower than that.

In context, it's funny that you refer to your Dante character.

No music, I'm at work.

*Formerly DerFahrer*

evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Lightnin' Hopkins - A Man Like Me Is Hard To Find

Hardcore always reminds me of my Mormon roommate at design school.

Does anyone listen to Agoraphobic Nosebleed?
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

mattyg41383 wrote:
SubaruNation wrote:are they like underoath?
From what I know, underoath is kind of emo / sing songy. S

http://www.myspace.com/sincetheflood Check em out.
well you don't know underoath that well... :shock:
yeah i like bury your dead so i'll look em' up
thanks!
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

I've been on a Police kick lately. Also Rush.
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

I'm still on my German kick.

Rammstein - Wollt Ihr Das Bett In Flammen Sehen

It sounds a lot better through an upgraded audio card :D

EDIT: Make that 4.1 surround sound through an upgraded sound card :D :D :D
Last edited by entirelyturbo on Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

*Formerly DerFahrer*

DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

The new Hot Chip - Made in the Dark is pretty good.
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Unheilig - Zauberer

Steve, what does Agoraphobic Nosebleed sound like?

*Formerly DerFahrer*

evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Garbage. It's grindcore. It's a sort-of friend's band. He's a really cool guy, but damn that "music". The guitarist from *ahem* AC is in it or he's on one of the albums or something. It's horrible, unlisteneable noise, but I was curious if anyone bought that stuff. He actually has fans - ones he doesn't know personally and, of course, people like AC if only to say the name and offend people that are easily offended.

But if anyone needs a tattoo or piercing near Springfield MA, this guy owns two shops and has some kick-ass artists there.

Thrones - Django
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

I can't get into hardcore stuff either. I'm all for loud and heavy guitars, but it has to be at least somewhat melodic.

Most of these hardcore bands almost sound like they're deliberately trying to NOT make music, just make as much noise as possible.

Like running an Ecotec open-header :lol:

One of the funniest YouTube videos I've seen yet is a Trivium parody:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNLDLyeepVs&NR=1

Haha, I'm sitting here critiquing hardcore music and listening to Ace of Base - Beautiful Life :shock:
Last edited by entirelyturbo on Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

*Formerly DerFahrer*

DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

Fabric 24: Ivan Smagghe
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

One last bump...

I'll post my list update from my last.fm profile:

Last edited by entirelyturbo on Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

*Formerly DerFahrer*

what huh
Second Gear

Post by what huh »

she wants revange - what i want
1998 Legacy GT-T ... sold
2000 Legacy GT Wagon 5-speed ... heck yeah
1994 Legacy SS ABM Wagon ... project http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=35107&start=0
Help http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=35210
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

Jay-Z --Dirt off your shoulder
Richard
Third Gear

Post by Richard »

SubaruNation wrote:Jay-Z --Dirt off your shoulder
Good one indeed.

Right now - Apache Indian-Boomshack-a-lak

AKA Dumb and Dumber song
-2004 Liquid Silver WRX "Pretty Hate Machine"
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

Richard wrote:
SubaruNation wrote:Jay-Z --Dirt off your shoulder
Good one indeed.

Right now - Apache Indian-Boomshack-a-lak

AKA Dumb and Dumber song
YES!
what huh
Second Gear

Post by what huh »

JET - Look What Have Done
1998 Legacy GT-T ... sold
2000 Legacy GT Wagon 5-speed ... heck yeah
1994 Legacy SS ABM Wagon ... project http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=35107&start=0
Help http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=35210