Questions on turbocharging a 90 legacy ls wagon.....

That spinning thing that makes all of the cool noises. OE and Aftermarket.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

Brat4by4: Was that a joke? I think you should click the link you sent :lol:
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

vrg3 - Great! So I can just keep my MAF sensor for the turbo swap (1990 5MT N/A).

Brat 4X4/ciper - That link is a riot! :lol: :lol:

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

It's not made to boost, it's kind of like people who smoke... what is going to eventually happen?
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Steve - If it's an aluminum-bodied sensor (made by Hitachi, part number 22680AA170), then, yes, you can use it with the EJ22T ECU. If it's not, then (watch out -- shameless plug!) I have a Hitachi sensor for sale in the parts shed. :)

The key is that the 8-bit Hitachi ECUs use the Hitachi sensor and the 16-bit JECS/AECS ECUs use the JECS sensor. Hitachi ECUs were used in all turbos and some 1990 5MT non-turbos.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
subiecar
In Neutral

My NA turbo 2.2.....

Post by subiecar »

:!: If you don`t get crazy, and the motor is in good shape, you can safely run 5 psi on 91 octane fuel if the motor is COMPLETELY stock. You will, however, benefit greatly by having the following: good ignition, coil, plug wires, ONE heat range colder plug, RRFPR, Bosch blow-off valve (cheap and effective) and associated pipes and brackets necessary to do the job right. Any thing extra you do (like a better fuel pump, a/a intercooler, etc.) will only help with detonation and longevity. If you do any less than the minimum, make sure you have a spare motor to drop in!! Good luck.....Someone who knows what NOT to do!
Age and treachery will overcome youth and skill!