PICTURES!!! of my IC install that is...

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

FreddexTurbo2Go
In Neutral

Post by FreddexTurbo2Go »

PJ,

I just used a rad hose I bought from Canadian Tire to connect the IC to the turbo.

Fred
2006 Legacy GT sedan
1992 Legacy Sports Sedan
AWD, Turbo, Flat-4 what more can you ask for?
pjgaerlan
In Neutral

Post by pjgaerlan »

I need pictures of everyone's WRX IC install... I can't figure out how to connect mine w/o too many kinks in the line. I got rid of the turbo chimney but now I need to figure out the IC to turbo still. Tried my modified Y-pipe tonight but it still didn't work? Any suggestions?? Any pics of everyone's setups???

HELP?

I'm going crazy trying to fit this thing>..

PJ
p.gaerlan@comcast.net
Dizzy
First Gear

Post by Dizzy »

LegacyPunk555 -

I just noticed that you were in Lafayette. I live in Indian Peaks in would love to take a look at your setup. TIA.
2004 STi
1993 Touring Wagon
Matt Monson
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by Matt Monson »

Dizzy wrote:LegacyPunk555 -

I just noticed that you were in Lafayette. I live in Indian Peaks in would love to take a look at your setup. TIA.
Ditto, I should be getting my '02 WRX IC in the mail today or tommorow. I am contemplating going a slightly more expensive route than some and using an APS "Y". I will post updates as it comes along, but us Colorado boys should totally get together.

Dizzy...your name grew two more letters :wink:
1974 Porsche 914 Cam Am Limted Edition AKA the Bumble Bee
1973 Porsche 914 2.0 l -Suby swap pending
1968 Porsche 911t survivor 47k original miles
2000 2.5RS daily driver.
1999 2.5RS w/ 50+ extra whp
Suby Hai!
LegacyPunk
Second Gear

Post by LegacyPunk »

Cool more people from colorado :) getting together sounds cool, hunt for some stock WRX's :twisted: heh heh. What color are your guy's cars? I always keep an eye out for other turbo legacy's.
:twisted::cool::twisted: "Plenty of time, to ruin my life, so why start now?" The Movie Life
1993 Sports Sedan, Exhaust, MBC, 02 WRX IC, KYB GR-2s...Now with old back seat!
Dizzy
First Gear

Post by Dizzy »

Mine is a white wagon with bling-bling chrome OEM turbo wheels. Matt's is a white wagon with the "outback" treatment.

Is your car the silver sedan with a WRX scoop that I've seen running around?
2004 STi
1993 Touring Wagon
LegacyPunk
Second Gear

Post by LegacyPunk »

why yes, yes it is :twisted: cool ive been noticed, also has the Turbo XS sticker on the rear side small window. ive seen some white wagons running around too. 8)
:twisted::cool::twisted: "Plenty of time, to ruin my life, so why start now?" The Movie Life
Dizzy
First Gear

Post by Dizzy »

Yep. Obviously, I'm a subaru fan, so I tend to notice anything out of the ordinary.

:)
2004 STi
1993 Touring Wagon
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

Shit, you guys are almost making me wish I was still living in Colorado...Almost :wink:

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by boostjunkie »

Did you have any problems with the bov and the throttle linkage? I could've sworn that was a problem with the wrx intercooler setup.

I'm really considering this as an alternative to the v2 intercooler I have now.
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/On_the_Lawn.jpg]1991 Legacy Turbo (RIP)[/url]

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/Summer_Car_Wash3.jpg]2000 Celica GT-S[/url]
czo79
Second Gear

Post by czo79 »

boostjunkie...
why you thinking about ditching the v2 IC? You think the usdm wrx ic is that much better? I guess it might be...two inlet, etc...if I switched I couldn't use the nice MRT alloy IC pipe though...
thanks
Micum
91 Legacy Turbo Sport - 94 JDM EJ20G
97 Legacy 2.5 GT - mod'd
93 Impreza L AWD (sold)
97 Legacy 2.5 GT (deceased)
98 Legacy Outback (sold)
boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by boostjunkie »

Eh, basically all of the problems I've been having with the intercooler hose blowing off. The wrx intercooler is SLIGHTLY larger, and my bov is wasted (won't hold any pressure). I can get a wrx intercooler for CHEAP and figured I might as well take care of all of these problems with one cheap mod.
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/On_the_Lawn.jpg]1991 Legacy Turbo (RIP)[/url]

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/Summer_Car_Wash3.jpg]2000 Celica GT-S[/url]
LegacyPunk
Second Gear

Post by LegacyPunk »

sorry guys havent checked up on things for a while.

Boost junkie: about the throttle linkage, i got a more flexible one with the Perrin hose kit, the stock one should also work but it might be harder to work with. basically just put it on the throttle body first then slide the IC in carfully from the side.
and if you can get a WRX IC for cheap I say go for it :twisted:

Just a few notes i might have forgot to say, I took a hammer to the sides of the plate thing that covers the engine mout at the firewall, and to underneath the hood where the IC touched, you also have to move the igniter, and some wire clusters underneath the IC.

and a question, I have noticed that occasionally I loose thrust but and there is a shooshing sound, BOV like, past 5 lbs of boost. could this be a BOV leak?? like im boosting but not feeling it.
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

It could be a BOV leak but I'd say it's more likely to be a boost leak. One of the hoses probably comes a little loose sometimes, maybe when the engine rocks on its mounts.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
Dizzy
First Gear

Post by Dizzy »

punk -

Once upon a time, I had a turbo RS. The symptoms you described are similar to what happened to me when the collar that holds the IC (I had an old school V2) to the throttle body popped off.
2004 STi
1993 Touring Wagon
LegacyPunk
Second Gear

Post by LegacyPunk »

Soon ill re-rout the IC plumbing with something less restrictive, cause i think the restrictiveness of my system might be causing this, so many loop-d-loops :roll: ill check things out this weekend
james_gt
In Neutral

Post by james_gt »

welli must admit that you legacy guys are a lot of help. My friend wrecked his legacy turbo and i got the engine and did the swap, i must admit that this engine pulls, and pulls hard. I have the swap into a 95 impreza, i am also running a wrx intercooler and the install i have was fabed by cutting the stock wrx Y pipe and using a preformed radiator hose fromauto zone. Ill try to get pics up soon but my hose is almost a straight shot from turbo to intercooler. Thanks

james
I_H8_1.8
In Neutral

Post by I_H8_1.8 »

james_gt, do you have the part number for the hose you got from AutoZone? Also, how did you cut the y-pipe?
'95 Impreza L AWD w/EJ22T engine and ECU swap
pics: http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14006