what do ya think about the new hatch body style

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Not to mention it's MUCH easier to take the window out, to change a regulator or the like.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

i really like the 08 WRX.

i think the STi will be a superior car to any STi that has come before it.

i cant wait to see what prodrive does with the car. it could be the best subaru rally car since Colin was behind the wheel.

it has a better weight distribution and overall dimensions.

plus it has more room in the cabin for the crew.

the new WRX is 4 mph faster in the slalom and dropped several feet off the braking distance.

it has so much potential.

dont forget how lame the first imprezas and WRXs were when compared to the stuff that came later.

you couldnt even get a coupe untill 95.
96 Impreza L sedan
97 legacy outback limited
00 Impreza RS sedan
NuclearBacon
Second Gear

Post by NuclearBacon »

ok you had some great points...and for that... i'll give it a chance....

....... but just barely :)
-Luigi-
....Yes like nintendo
1987 GL10 Sedan 3.700 LSD
1988 XT6 FT4WD 3.900 Diff Lock
1992 EJ22T Touring Wagon 5MT Swap 4.111
thehookeup
Third Gear

Post by thehookeup »

subyluvr2212 wrote:
Yeah, in case you all didn't know (I haven't officially announced it)... my grandparents have proposed that, if I graduate and sell my XT and 79, I will get a brand-new 08 Forester XT Sports, and I get to keep my Legacy. I'm 99% sure I'm gonna do it, and then I'll get the only new Subaru that I still like.
you lucky lucky son of a gun. uhhhh subyluvr edition sti forester i hear coming?
-93 2.2T (RIP), 93 N/A best car on earth.
-00 legGT, 18" PIAA sport mesh wheels, front/rear Rallitek sways, lowered whitelines, coming soon: 2.5L sti internals, 20g heads P&P, twin charged. motor is almost ready to go in.
Andrew
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

If I get the Forester, probably the only mods it will see will be some WRX struts, better tires, and maybe a catback exhaust. Just to make it sporty enough to be fun to drive.

The Legacy will most likely turn into an autoX whore and then I'll get started on my GF 1.8T project.

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

90 L+ wgn
Murphy
Third Gear

Post by Murphy »

why does the hood scoop keep getting bigger and bigger?
i know alot of people like them but i like the smaller less noticable ones like on the Tlegs
1990 Legacy LS, 4EAT
1983 Peugeot 505S Turbo Diesel
PhyrraM
Fourth Gear

Post by PhyrraM »

Because until Subaru switches to a FMIC (or other) the need for air to the TMIC is just going to increase as horsepower rises.
'93 Winestone SS Auto, '91 Pearl White SS.
'93 Pure White SS EJ20G slanty intercooled, SIDESWIPED! In stasis.
'94 FWD and '95 AWD Laguna Blue SVXs.
2017 Pure Red BRZ Limited w/Performance pack
theflystyle
Second Gear

Post by theflystyle »

honestly, the wrc looks like a focus/civic hatch hybrid...

ghey

the spy pics with the 4 door look ok, but then again its all covered with black.. its getting harder and harder to see myself in a newer subaru...
-94 Legacy L
-94 SVX LSi
-08 Legacy 3.0R

-And the list of things your should never say again...gets longer....
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

There you go. One came in today as we were closing. I am SUPER PISSED and I will go into detail later.

*Formerly DerFahrer*

Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

Holy Plastic Intake batman!
Manarius wrote:The Neo-Cons would call me a defeatist. I'd call me a realist. I'm realistically saying that a snowball has better chances in the blazes of hell than democracy has in Iraq.
1995 Polo Green Subaru SVX (189k miles - 08/2007-Present)
MPtyza
Second Gear

Post by MPtyza »

Over the weekend I stopped by a somewhat local Subaru dealer to see if they had any '08's yet. They had 5 2.5i hatches on the lot, all automatics. Seeing them in person they're not too bad overall, except for the framed windows, and the lack of the traditional Subaru fender crease that runs up the side. It's too rounded, not very Subaruish in design, which we all know. It's growing on me, but I'm still disappointed in Subaru with this one. It's still a Subaru so I love it just the same :D

On a side note, there is a house in town here in Telford that I swear someone there works for Subaru or something, because they always have a new Subaru in the driveway with a New Jersey vehicle manufacturer plate on it. A couple years back they had the Tribeca I saw before they came out, and for about a week they had an '08 Impreza sedan. I swore it was a Kia the first time I saw the ass end in their driveway, not good. They now have a new Forester, so I don't get to see it anymore
-Mike

White 1988 XT6 FWD 5MT (#2) 229k
Rio Red 1991 Legacy SS 180k :( - Dead
PhyrraM
Fourth Gear

Post by PhyrraM »

Nose looks MUCH better with a body color grill than it did in the pre-release photos with the chrome grill.

Rear lights still need work.

I'm still in the camp that says overall it will be a superior car. The '02 was dumped on for it's looks also. But now few will argue that, stock vs stock, a GC/GF/GM is superior to a GD/GG. Those that do seem to still be stuck on the looks of the GD. Weight is the only obvious advantage to the older cars.
'93 Winestone SS Auto, '91 Pearl White SS.
'93 Pure White SS EJ20G slanty intercooled, SIDESWIPED! In stasis.
'94 FWD and '95 AWD Laguna Blue SVXs.
2017 Pure Red BRZ Limited w/Performance pack
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Subaru is now dead to me.

We've talked about the framed windows and right-side exhaust extensively, or at least I have.

But the thing I'm super-pissed about was that they ditched the one Subaru trademark they had left...

THE PARKING LIGHT SWITCH IS GONE!

Yes, that's right, the parking light switch is gone, and if you want to turn your headlights on while your ignition is off and run your battery down, you are free to do so on the 2008 Impreza.

That was the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm done. I'm getting my Forester XT Sports and that's it. Subaru, you lost a loyal customer. Permanently.

*Formerly DerFahrer*

entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Oh, and P.S. the intake manifold and intercooler are nothing new, they're straight from the Legacy GT.

*Formerly DerFahrer*

douglas vincent
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by douglas vincent »

Its muther fucking ugly.

Its looks like a cross between a honda and a focus.

Did I mention its mutherfuckingugly?

Lost the legacy wagon in 05, now this?
Reddevil, Awaiting new heart, will it ever happen?
1990 wagon, EJ25 12.3 @ 116.5 FAST Family wagon getting new motor soon
1992 wagon, wifes daily, high compression
1992 Touring wagon, should I keep it?
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

Doug what was wrong with the 05+ legacy wagon :?
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

ericem wrote:Doug what was wrong with the 05+ legacy wagon :?
It doesn't exist. Subaru pulled the Legacy Wagon from the lineup after 05. Now there's only the Outback Wagon.
Manarius wrote:The Neo-Cons would call me a defeatist. I'd call me a realist. I'm realistically saying that a snowball has better chances in the blazes of hell than democracy has in Iraq.
1995 Polo Green Subaru SVX (189k miles - 08/2007-Present)
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

No, they just dropped the Legacy Wagon this year. They dropped the Legacy GT wagon in '05. I was looking at an '07 N/A Legacy wagon a few months back when I got my sedan.

From '08 on, only Outback wagons and Legacy sedans..... :evil:

I like the look of the WRC car because of the wide body but those other pics of the new wrx leave me feeling sad..... :(

I hated the '07 too though until I saw it in person and then I thought they were actually pretty nice.
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

They did NOT drop the GT wagon in 05. They dropped the manual GT wagon in 05.

*Formerly DerFahrer*

legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Oh yeah, that's right.

Like I said, they dropped the GT wagon in '05. ;)

Anyways though, they just dropped the Legacy wagon in general for this upcoming model year on.
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

Simply put... Mother f'n UGLY!!! I use to own a Focus ZX3 (hence the dropdfocus title) and it clearly resembles a freakin' Focus! Why in hell would they tamper with such things as to remove the beloved headlights turning off with the key, framing the windows, and so on...????

As for the exhaust, I can see a possible issue of a more straight run from the turbo, but that's it. The ever pull the boxer motors from the line-up, I'm finished with any possibility of a newer Subaru showing up in my driveway!

In my opinion, the Spec B was on of the last great cars they put out... Tell me I'm wrong all you want, but it's simply my personal opinion. I'm starting to feel they are no longer listening to the customers who have been with the brand for many years. Screw this being "hip and fresh" shit. Build what makes your customers happy and stop trying to follow everyone down stream to the ocean of cars that look all the friggin' same!!!!!

To quote Charlie Brown: "ARGH!!!!!!!!!"
Jason
'92 LSS "Trixie" - TD04, '06 WRX TMIC, Invidia D/P & TXS U/P, 3" APEX'i CBE, custom intake, TXS MBC & BPV
Perrin LCP, WRX & H6 brakes, S/S lines, Cusco H-brace & RSTB, AGX's, Progress springs, SimplySubie fender braces
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

These came in after we left last night. I'll take one of them on a good honest test drive after they've been PDI'ed.

But I have a very strong feeling my opinion's not gonna change.

If Subaru wants to go a different direction and appeal to a different crowd, that's fine. I can't stop them.

But I'm not going with them.

*Formerly DerFahrer*

dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

I take it back, they resemble a Kia or the former Daewoo...
Jason
'92 LSS "Trixie" - TD04, '06 WRX TMIC, Invidia D/P & TXS U/P, 3" APEX'i CBE, custom intake, TXS MBC & BPV
Perrin LCP, WRX & H6 brakes, S/S lines, Cusco H-brace & RSTB, AGX's, Progress springs, SimplySubie fender braces
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Hmmm, I don't know, the sedan looks pretty hot to me. The font end has an evo look to it.

I still don't like the framed windows but the dual exhaust looks hot IMO. It's one of the things I really like about my '07.
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]