06 intercooler question (with pic) i need a flange

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Arctic Assassian
Third Gear

Post by Arctic Assassian »

You're car does come stock with a BPV not a BOV. The picture of threeeyebandit shows it between the IC and the engine cover.
Kickin' it old-school.
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

ok. so is the adapter he has pictured the only thing i need to install the 06 TMIC?
do i need the plate adapter deal?
Zach - Legacy Frankenstin
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

You can either buy that plate adapter or you can do what threeeyedbandit did and use that plastic piece.

Personally I'd just buy that adapter.
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

is there an advantage either way?
what adapter do i need?
sorry for needing my hand held so much :(
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

Haha no worries.

Just buy the one that was in that link or buy one like that off of ebay. I think I saw them for about $12 on ebay.

The 90* bend thing that was posted will work but it's a bitch and a half to get the nut to screw onto it.

The actual adapter piece is meant for the intercooler and will hold boost pressure without a doubt.
-Aaron

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

This is what you need.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WRX-Type ... enameZWDVW

It's cheap and will work. All you would need is a 3/4" ID (IIRC) hose to connect that to the BPV.
-Aaron

SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

*which nut to screw onto it?

ha ha you just posted!
you read my mind!
:-D

ok just bought that thinig you just showed me. :)

what is this 3/4 ID (IIRC) hose you speak of?

and will it connect to my crazy lowes object?

you kick ass asc,

zach
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

Ok go back to Lowes and return the "crazy lowes object" lol.

You don't need that since you just bought this flange.

SO...
That flange a small tube sticking out of it. That tube has an outer diameter of 3/4" (measure it when you get it, just to be sure). Therefore, you'll need to buy a 3/4" inner diameter hose to slide over that small tube. Then the other end of that will connect to you bypass valve.
-Aaron

asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

Ok so I edited this picture for you...

So get rid of the creepy thing and just add more hose to connect it to the adapter flange you just bought.

BTW, sorry for my crappy paint skills. hahaha.
Last edited by asc_up on Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Aaron

SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

ha ha ha! DAMIT! :lol:
i'm enticed too easily :-D

ok cool, i think i can handle that, just buy a crazy tube with an inner diam of 3/4".

does it have to be a certain kind of tube? like should i go to the stealership and get one?

Or can i just exchange the crazy lowes object for a tube that will fit?

Will i need any other plumbing to make a 90* angle to the 3/4" tube so it'll run wherever it needs to be??
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

HA HA HA that pic is awesome!
i'm a retard :D
ok i'll wait for you to respond to my last Question. we posted at the same time :D
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

Just use some heater hose. You can get it at Lowes, too. In the plumbing section haha.

You shouldn't need any special tubing. Just straight 3/4" ID heater hose. Someone else can chime in and tell you if they've found something that works better.
-Aaron

SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

ok cool!
thanks for sitting through this with me :-D ha ha
you are awesome
:smt023
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

Hahaha no problem.

If anyone sees any problems in my posts, feel free to correct me. But I'm 99% sure that it's all correct.
-Aaron

Adam West
Fourth Gear

Post by Adam West »

Check on eBay - much cheaper. Doesn't have to be TurboXS lots of generic versions of the same thing.

Good luck.
93SS 5MT White, TD05-16G, TMIC, 3"Turboback, Magnaflow, Alu Rad, H&R Sports, AGX struts, F/R STBs, Whiteline Sways, ALK+Endlinks, Odyssey 925, AC delete, Evo8 Recaros, Sparco 4p, 3.9 LSD, Hellas+air horns, IPD short throw, 99RSrims, s03's
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

Yeah, he just bought one off of ebay for ~$18 shipped.
-Aaron

magicmike
Fifth Gear

Post by magicmike »

asc_up wrote:Ok so I edited this picture for you...

So get rid of the creepy thing and just add more hose to connect it to the adapter flange you just bought.

BTW, sorry for my crappy paint skills. hahaha.
You really dont need to shit on someone elses creative attempts at making something work. I dont know who made that lowes plastic elbow and thats not even really the point. The point is that its clearly working for the guy and he offered up a suggestion to a question that was asked. If I had done something different it would only have been to weld something up but i have access to a welder and can weld. Not everyone does. Its great that you offered the info on the ebay part but you dont really to point out the fact that the plastic elbow is "creepy". Maybe I'm just being sensitive but being creative and intuitive when upgrading these cars is what makes all of us unique. We cant, in most cases, just go to the store and buy a part to make something fit. We can however come here and see what others have done and get some ideas. That being said am I the only one who thinks that it pretty cool to have an ej22t in a 85 GL :shock:
-Mike

2011 Infiniti G37x Sedan - Current
2007 Ducati 800ss - Current
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (White)
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (Silver)
2003 Infiniri G35
1998 Infiniti I30t
1995 Honda Civic DX
1987 Subaru GL Wagon
1987 Subaru Loyale
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

:shock:
uh....? :?:
we were not offending the Bandit that came up with this idea, i still have the lowes artifact of the gods and may still end up using it.

asc was kindly describing to me what i should do to get my new IC to work... and obviously {again?} we have vastly different vocabularies. and yeah we were joking around a bit, crazy turned into creepy and whatever.

we're a different generation :roll: it'll be ok

we appreciate the knowledge, otherwise we wouldn't be here contributing, and i think that picture also shows another way to install the 06 TMIC if im not mistaken.

GL's kick ass, and it shows at WCSS.
and +8 turned 90* for finding the perfect solution at lowes threeEyedBandit.
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

I never ranked on threeeydbandit for using that piece. Creepy wasn't meant to sound hurtful or offensive at all. It's just a weird object that surprisingly does work, hence the word 'creepy.'

I even USED IT MYSELF for a few months. Now I'm using that flange off of ebay and I personally found it easier to install the ebay piece because it's damn near impossible to install the nut on the back of the Lowes object. I'd be willing to bet that Threeeyedbandit will attest to that, too.

I was simply telling Zach how to install the intercooler BPV in (what I found to be) the easiest way possible.
magicmike wrote: We cant, in most cases, just go to the store and buy a part to make something fit.
And I'm trying to show, that in this case, you can.

I honestly wasn't trying to offend anyone, and I'm truly sorry if I did.
-Aaron

magicmike
Fifth Gear

Post by magicmike »

I'm not in any way the sensitivty police on here. I just thought I would comment on how it read to me.
-Mike

2011 Infiniti G37x Sedan - Current
2007 Ducati 800ss - Current
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (White)
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (Silver)
2003 Infiniri G35
1998 Infiniti I30t
1995 Honda Civic DX
1987 Subaru GL Wagon
1987 Subaru Loyale
ThreeEyedBandit
In Neutral

Post by ThreeEyedBandit »

I took a quite a bit of pride on having you guys come up with such a kick ass unique name as the "Creepy Lowes Piece", maybe thats why I like this place so much :). I actually started taking pictures on how I installed mine to do a write up on how to install it the easy way.

Yes the first time I installed one it was a bitch, but I found a way to install it in under 2 minutes with the intercooler out of the car. Granted you need about 8 inches of 1/8" wire and a pair of pliers. I will finish it up this weekend and post it up. And I to find it freaking sweet to have a EJ-22T in a 85 GL Wagon.

Matt
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

Haha well just so you know, I wasn't trying to offend you or your creativity in any way.

I had tried screwing that nut on and eventually I went out to my garage and just epoxied the CLP (Creepy Lowes Object) on. Hahahaha.
-Aaron

smh0101
Fifth Gear

Post by smh0101 »

So... How did ya hook up the y-pipe to the intercooler to the vf-11 with the stock inlet?
~Spencer
94 Legacy Turbo (550 Robtune/ej20h v2 Sti RA drivetrain)
94 Legacy Ti Wagon (5mt ej22e)
91 rhd Legacy GT Wagon (factory 5mt, ej20g)
93 rhd Legacy GT type S2 Sedan (4eat, ej20g)
91 rhd Legacy Ti Type S 1.8
03 Lincoln LS V8 Sport
08 300 SRT8
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

I have a TD04 so that wasn't an issue for me.
Although my issue now is that my TD04 crapped out on me lol.
-Aaron

smh0101
Fifth Gear

Post by smh0101 »

Yea but ThreeEyedBandit used a stock vf-11 with the 06 TMIC... He said he would take a pic of the moded ypipe...
~Spencer
94 Legacy Turbo (550 Robtune/ej20h v2 Sti RA drivetrain)
94 Legacy Ti Wagon (5mt ej22e)
91 rhd Legacy GT Wagon (factory 5mt, ej20g)
93 rhd Legacy GT type S2 Sedan (4eat, ej20g)
91 rhd Legacy Ti Type S 1.8
03 Lincoln LS V8 Sport
08 300 SRT8