Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Re: 1986 Subaru GL-10 Leone TURBO

Post by NICO »

mike-tracy wrote:JDM Newspaper!!!
HAHAHHA lol i had to take a pic of it like that LOL.. JDM Womens soccer

subaru_styles wrote:first......awesome

second..
so from back in the day playing with ea82's, i have notced a few things about your car. the front bumper is odd! It isnt the correct one for pre faclelift, yet isnt the same as post due to the turn signal area. also you should have the rear license plate in the bumper with a filler panel on the trunk

i guess the cool thing you can always install the trunk panel to ditch the rear plate all together 8)
thank you

and yes your right it is odd becuase in canada we get diffrent stuff then everyone else for some reason i dont know why. like the impreza gc had that only canadian front bumper where you guys had the v5 one with fog covers.

i seen that trunk thing you speak of, but i would need the rear bumper beam and cover then some how take the plate lights out on the rear and fill them for that plastic thing.

for me the front looks newer and the rear is pure old school with those lights on the plates lol.

for some reason we all ways got diffrent stuff in canada, not even australia has our stuff. only in japan i seen the canadian stuff.
1993 Subaru Legacy 44B STi 4Cam 16Valve Turbo Intercooled AWD
EJ22T, STi EJ207 DOHC, Vi-PEC (Spare Autronic) @ 426.20HP / 394.94ft lb @ 00psi
Tuned By: Franz Diebold ( DIEBOLD AUTOSPORT ) @ NVauto
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

1986 Subaru GL-10 Leone TURBO

Post by entirelyturbo »

NICO wrote: well i found the most rarest part in japan for my car ! with the help of Yoshifumi @ japan dream direct.. http://j-a-d.ocnk.net/ .

The Leone Turbo OEM Subaru window visor !!

these puppies are made out metal not like the 90's plastic type one's, these one's hold there shape even in wind tunnel testing.

they slice the wind like a ninja sword, and cut rain water in half lol

You lucky SOB! :lol:

That website you listed only shows Japanese books & DVDs... they sell car parts too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

NICO wrote:interesting mine did now it does not maybe just a little but is that good or bad ?

No, it's not really bad or good....just depends on the pressure being built up in the system. If there was air in there initially, that might have been the reason you saw fluid coming in and out.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

DerFahrer wrote:
You lucky SOB! :lol:

That website you listed only shows Japanese books & DVDs... they sell car parts too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lucky for sure !

that site is for Yoshifumi web page, i showed him my leone and he could not believe my car how new and what i had done. he told me in japan there very rare subaru to get for some reason.

then he sent me a yahoo link to all the parts i can get and he will get them for me and ship.

Legacy777 wrote:
NICO wrote:interesting mine did now it does not maybe just a little but is that good or bad ?

No, it's not really bad or good....just depends on the pressure being built up in the system. If there was air in there initially, that might have been the reason you saw fluid coming in and out.
i think your right i checked it again today and nothing really going on lol, maybe it was first time only. ill report back in the blazing summer heat we have or when i hit the track, that should give a better idea maybe.
CFK
Second Gear

Post by CFK »

This Car Blows me AWAY :smt073

Wish I Purchased a Leone Instead, Bodywork would've been SO much easier with all those Perfectly flat surfaces, Can't wait to work on My MK1 Jetta :!:

Please tell me where you got those rally Books :?: I MUST have :-D
Build Thread : HERE
92 SS 5MT. Project Daily
84 Jetta Coupe. Real Project
99 A4 Avant. Wife's Daily
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

CFK wrote:This Car Blows me AWAY :smt073

Wish I Purchased a Leone Instead, Bodywork would've been SO much easier with all those Perfectly flat surfaces, Can't wait to work on My MK1 Jetta :!:

Please tell me where you got those rally Books :?: I MUST have :-D
ya it sure is a square box, but vw are nice to i like them also was going to get one a very long time ago then i got my first legacy and it started LOL

rally books are from ebay type in leone rally world search and you will see it

well i am getting ready for next spring and i really need seats for this car the factory seats do not hold you in at all :( ... ill put them in plastic in storage away so no worries lol.

so two choices

RECARO blue vintage $2500.00

OR

RECARO LS in blue $1200.00

this RECARO $350.00 seat there is only 1 :( which has the same colour !!! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFuuuuckkkkkk

LEONE inside

CFK
Second Gear

Post by CFK »

Thanks, ya I had a 1970 Type 3 Fastback for my first car, then a 90 Legacy LS, was debating buying a newer Legacy at the time, but then decided to go the completely opposite direction and get the MK1 Jetta Coupe instead. When it came to getting a winter beater to drive up the mountain, it only made sense to get the SS. Always wanted one and glad I did !!! Especially now that's its not a winter beater anymore !

I like the $1200 one's, $2500 for the top ones might be a little much, but pretty sick obviously ! The bottom ones suit the car the best, but you will probably never find another unfortunetely :(

I got Recaro Trophy's. there from a 87 MK2 Jetta Trophy Edition . They were in my Jetta and matched my GLI interior pretty good and bolted right in.. I got wedge engineering brackets to mount them in the legacy. They will match alright.

http://m.flickr.com/lightbox?id=6816922294
92 SS 5MT. Project Daily
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

What do all those switches do on the first seats? The 2nd ones look the best.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

Man those are all hot seats. Since like the retro look, I would prob rock the solo Recaro since it basically matches. Passenger won't hopefully be in the car when you are tracking it right?

I also had Recaro Trophy Sports that came with my old outback limited, lol. Swapped em out as soon as I found the appropriate heated leather seats. Kind of wish I kept them for my SS (didn't own it yet) but oh well.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

mike-tracy wrote:Man those are all hot seats. Since like the retro look, I would prob rock the solo Recaro since it basically matches. Passenger won't hopefully be in the car when you are tracking it right?

I also had Recaro Trophy Sports that came with my old outback limited, lol. Swapped em out as soon as I found the appropriate heated leather seats. Kind of wish I kept them for my SS (didn't own it yet) but oh well.

those ls sold :( .... i was going to get the one, then i seen these to used ones up fs. so i said lets redo them how i want them. first time for everything might as well try it out lol

kimokalihi wrote:What do all those switches do on the first seats? The 2nd ones look the best.
lol no clue but they sure do look like 80s style. haha maybe video game built in the seat.

CFK wrote:Thanks, ya I had a 1970 Type 3 Fastback for my first car, then a 90 Legacy LS, was debating buying a newer Legacy at the time, but then decided to go the completely opposite direction and get the MK1 Jetta Coupe instead. When it came to getting a winter beater to drive up the mountain, it only made sense to get the SS. Always wanted one and glad I did !!! Especially now that's its not a winter beater anymore !

I like the $1200 one's, $2500 for the top ones might be a little much, but pretty sick obviously ! The bottom ones suit the car the best, but you will probably never find another unfortunetely :(

I got Recaro Trophy's. there from a 87 MK2 Jetta Trophy Edition . They were in my Jetta and matched my GLI interior pretty good and bolted right in.. I got wedge engineering brackets to mount them in the legacy. They will match alright.

http://m.flickr.com/lightbox?id=6816922294

i cant see your picture but i just got seats are they the same ones ?

so instead of getting those seats i went with some use old school mk2 jetta power recaros if im not mistaken.

ill get them re done in tip top shape new bolsters and bottom foam and what ever is need once apart.

the problem is finding the same fabric that subaru used, i really dont want to be re doing the hole insde of the car just becuase it wont match.

NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

i didnt think it would be ok, but speedhunters liked my car and put me on the site

http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/12/subaru-leone/

so future plans will be doing 400whp on a Dyno Dynamics with a new turbo GTX3576R coming in soon.

well i just got my extra recaro seat in, looks amazing. ill get it steamed cleaned to refresh it.

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Nice article NICO!
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

Legacy777 wrote:Nice article NICO!
ya turned out all right, i was surprised to even be eligible. i just sent in the link and said do you think its worth lol.
CFK
Second Gear

Post by CFK »

Weird, tried to post from my Iphone. it's these ones :

They only came in Special " Trophy Edition " Jetta's. The Grey ones came in MK2 GTI's and I believe the Blue ones might have come in some Corrado's :?:

Obviously the Black doesn't go with my Grey SS interior , but im just borrowing them till my Jetta's eventually done then was gonna get the same Grey GTI One's and my Trophy's will be going all black. either way, Nice Choice !!!

And WOW , Awesome Speedhunters Feature :!: :!: :!:
92 SS 5MT. Project Daily
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

CFK wrote:Weird, tried to post from my Iphone. it's these ones :

They only came in Special " Trophy Edition " Jetta's. The Grey ones came in MK2 GTI's and I believe the Blue ones might have come in some Corrado's :?:

Obviously the Black doesn't go with my Grey SS interior , but im just borrowing them till my Jetta's eventually done then was gonna get the same Grey GTI One's and my Trophy's will be going all black. either way, Nice Choice !!!

And WOW , Awesome Speedhunters Feature :!: :!: :!:

thank you. that seat looks good in there, i wish my colour schem was not so hard in my car ! this valour blue is a pain in the butt to match

so i found another recaro seat which this one has the head rest i want. now i just need to find one more seat to match the head rest.

also found a spare set of track wheels for my leone, VOLK RAY's STi GC8. i'm going to paint a set of these some funky bright colour.

and still cant find fabric for my recaro jetta mk2 seats yet :mad:
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Where and how do you 'find' all of this awesomeness?!
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

beatersubi wrote:Where and how do you 'find' all of this awesomeness?!

I think Canada has the most Jdm imports on the planet and there all around me. No joke, these guys ship to Canada then some how ends up all over the world !

I could tell you all kinds of story's where the stuff ends up around every country, you need to get there when there unpacking the containers to get the good stuff.

There is so much stuff that I could build a fleet of Jdm knock offs !
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Don't be afraid to send some south of the border.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

beatersubi wrote:Don't be afraid to send some south of the border.

lol let me know what you need ? so many things to pick from if you want it. but i dont know what you want
CFK
Second Gear

Post by CFK »

What are some of the names of these importers ? and which one is your favorite ? Has the most, or the most reasonably priced ? Sorry for all the :?: 's :mrgreen:

There is one on Vancouver Island called Tyee Imports, not sure how much parts they have. Full cars usually :

http://www.tyeeimports.com/default.asp
92 SS 5MT. Project Daily
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

CFK wrote:What are some of the names of these importers ? and which one is your favorite ? Has the most, or the most reasonably priced ? Sorry for all the :?: 's :mrgreen:

There is one on Vancouver Island called Tyee Imports, not sure how much parts they have. Full cars usually :

http://www.tyeeimports.com/default.asp

just type in google toronto jdm or japanes motor imports in toronto.... and motnreal jdm or japanese motors montreal

tons will come up and start calling for what you need. i go to them all no favorite lol to much stuff all over to pick one

so i got one of my set of STi TE37 VOLK sand blasted ready to get painted a colour that i have not picked yet, i'm thinking a nice glossy jet black but will see soon.

also some oem subaru parts have come in, new XT6 front control arms. i have to problem's that i need fixing with these. 1 is the bushing end rubs in my subframe arm, 2 i dont have camber in the front.

ill be adding something like these to the arms so i gain in both aspects

also i have ordered another rear diff support mount, which i will be adding a new bushing in the middle to help with the flexing in the rear R180 diff. if your driving behind my car, as i shift in a gear ! you can see the diff flex, which all most looks like its going to fall out lol.

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

So there's only one mount point for the rear diff on these cars? That's kind of scary!
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

Someperson
Fourth Gear

Post by Someperson »

This care is insane
Blue 94GT dead and steadily parting out.
Silver 93 Fwd N/A sedan undergoing repairs
93 Winestone TW project
92 SS scrapped by my landlord...
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

Legacy777 wrote:So there's only one mount point for the rear diff on these cars? That's kind of scary!

yep pretty scary eh LOL !! there is the big huge mustache thing holding the back but thats about it lol. i need to swap that rubber bushing for a sold one so it dont flop around as much.

Someperson wrote:This care is insane

thank you..... little more power and it sure will be insane to drive.

so my rims got done ready to roll again, thanks to NVauto for installing the tire's again :D. So the other gold set i have will be face sanded and re painted gold.

one more thing that i need to add to them which is in the mail on its way.
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

You should run gold on one side and black on the other.