Vid of my daily commute ;)

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

TheSubaruJunkie
Fourth Gear

Post by TheSubaruJunkie »

I agree with Ryan, californian drivers (although most are dumb as dirt) are very aware of their surroundings. I myself grew up in Alaska. Driving in Alaska is FAR different than CA (imagine ice covered streets 8 months of the year). Driving in AK has honed my scenses and made me more aware of my surroundings than most. I almost pay more attention to my rear view mirror(s) than I do my windshield. If a biker is anywhere near me i make sure to give him all the room he needs. I do understand other drivers might not be aware of the bike in front of me, and if the guy next to me decides to cut me off and broadside a biker, i dont want to be the one to run the poor guy over.

With that being said... back to the topic, this guy in this video is a fool. I doubt the bikers we have on this board would ever attempt something as dumb as this video portrays.

-Brian

p.s.
I do kick my neigbors dog everytime I see him crap on my yard. And those old ppl have already learned a lesson or two for knicking my car.
1983 Subaru GL-10 Brat
1986 Toyota 4Runner
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

I could never be so mean to my neighbors dog, its always "acting sexy"
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/02/ ... 56736.html
FG!!
Second Gear

Post by FG!! »

Are you serious about kicking people's dogs?
92ss, 66bsa thunderbolt, 92miata, 06wrx
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

ciper wrote:A person who hasnt ridden a bike wont understand because the good bike riders are invisible to them, no joke.

Alot of accidents happen between good drivers and people riding a bike just because the driver in the car didnt see him.

Now imagine all the times a bike has been around you and you didnt take notice. Your only reference point comes from that one guy who was being a dork on his new sport bike.

Californians dont know how to react when it start raining. I never understand why a small amount of water somehow decreases the average speed by 25 MPH
I can't say I've ever driven somewhere and not noticed a bike. If I didn't notice it it was because it was far enough away for it not to be in my way for at least 10-15 seconds(more than enough time to react at speeds I drive) I am constantly checking mirrors over shoulder and around corners. Why you ask? Bikers scare me, not because I'm afraid of getting run off the road, but because I'm afraid of killing the guy/gal. It's one thing to hit a car and another to hit a bike. I even brake father back when there's a moto infront of me so that in the off chance that something fucks up like brakes or something I can carreen into something else instead of almost certainly killing someones. I've seen a guy that was fucked up on his bike and it wasnt a pretty sight, I dont want to do that to someone so I take care around them.
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
TheSubaruJunkie
Fourth Gear

Post by TheSubaruJunkie »

My neigbor is an alcoholic who doesnt know when to keep his trap shut. he also doesnt know how to take care of his dogs. Of course, if i see his dog about to take a dump on my lawn... i boot it over to its own yard.

Its a small dog, always lands on its feet.

-Brian
1983 Subaru GL-10 Brat
1986 Toyota 4Runner
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

That's messed up.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
georryan
Fourth Gear

Post by georryan »

You know, all things said and done. I like the video. It is crazy and just a bit on the foolish side, but it does look cool.

haha, Ciper that bike is halarious. I liked the post were they said:
While it was never intended for production, it proved to all involved that if the engine could handle that much horsepower, the production engine was going to be bullet proof. A normally aspirated motor was made to produce just over 100 bhp, but in tests it just proved too much for everyone.
91 Pearl White Sport Sedan
04 Java Black Pearl Forester XT
2014 Volvo S60 T5
18 KTM 1290 Adventure S

87 Grey GL-10 Sedan (so long old buddy) - donated
97 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - sold
2002 BMW r1150rt-p - sold
2004 BMW r1200ST - sold
2016 BMW r1200RS - sold
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

People & Drivers ALL OVER are stupid freakin idiots that can't drive worth a damn.....in the rain, not in the rain, in the snow, not in the snow!

People in general are stupid f@!in morons....that is life....deal with it! When they get in a motor vehicle/motorcylce their IQ drops 100 pts....when it rains....it drops another 50......now we have stupider then ape things driving 3000 lb objects around.......and we wonder why there's so many accidents, road rage, etc......

As for the door thing.....come on......you can say you're going to do that......I'd actually like to see you do it.....you'll be goin home with a fubared car and some nice assault charges. BTW....I do not like those people/drivers that think they must "punish" other drivers.....it's typically the family guy in a mini-van that hates the fact he can't have a nice car....and takes out all his frustration and aggrevation on others.....yeah that's healthy.......
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm