MBC risks?

That spinning thing that makes all of the cool noises. OE and Aftermarket.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Oh, my mistake. I misread what you said. Sorry.

What about the volume of air prevents the MBC (or in my case, just the wastegate actuator with auxiliary spring) from eventually reaching the same steady state though?
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
Innovative Tuning
Second Gear

Post by Innovative Tuning »

Good question. I haven't taken the time to really think about it, but experience has shown that time and time again.

On a related note, I was delivered a new boost controller for testing today that I'm pretty exited about. It looks excellent and it's a very complete kit with silicone vacuum hose, zip ties, T fitting, mounting bracket, excellent instructions etc. It's made by TurboLogic and I'll be testing it in the next couple days. I'll report back on how it performs.

-Mike
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

Innovative Tuning wrote:Good question. I haven't taken the time to really think about it, but experience has shown that time and time again.

On a related note, I was delivered a new boost controller for testing today that I'm pretty exited about. It looks excellent and it's a very complete kit with silicone vacuum hose, zip ties, T fitting, mounting bracket, excellent instructions etc. It's made by TurboLogic and I'll be testing it in the next couple days. I'll report back on how it performs.

-Mike
well, how did the tests go w/this MBC?
96 Impreza L sedan
97 legacy outback limited
00 Impreza RS sedan
free5ty1e
Fifth Gear

Post by free5ty1e »

Yeah... my MBC is one of them fancy TurboXS pieces that I purchased many years ago when it was intended for my Saturn, I still have it so I'm still usin' it. Should I build my own for better regulation of boost between the gears and such...? Or did we determine that there will always be different boost between the gears unless an EBC is regulating it?
-Chris
91SS 4EAT stock
91SS 5MT awaiting engine rebuild and VF36...
92SS 4EAT - RIP :(
94SS 5MT4.11+rLSD 289k km: RobTune550,TD05-16g @ 18psi,FMIC,3"TBE,Forester lift
Innovative Tuning
Second Gear

Post by Innovative Tuning »

greg donovan wrote:
Innovative Tuning wrote:Good question. I haven't taken the time to really think about it, but experience has shown that time and time again.

-Mike
Sorry I totally forgot to post. I had a customer with a GTI 1.8T come in for dyno time and his boost was very erratic. It spiked, it bounced around, all sorts of nonsense. I put the TurboLogic MBC in and it works great now. Boost is the same every time he hits the gas.

-Mike
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

Innovative Tuning wrote:
greg donovan wrote:

-Mike
Sorry I totally forgot to post. I had a customer with a GTI 1.8T come in for dyno time and his boost was very erratic. It spiked, it bounced around, all sorts of nonsense. I put the TurboLogic MBC in and it works great now. Boost is the same every time he hits the gas.

-Mike
what is the cost of that MBC?
96 Impreza L sedan
00 Impreza RS sedan
free5ty1e
Fifth Gear

Post by free5ty1e »

a quick Google search on the turbologic mbc revealed their website (turbologic.com) and I thought, "Hey great, I can order one online!" but then after reading up on the greatness of the MBC I discovered you've got to find a retailer which carries the product. Can't order directly from the company. Forced middleman. Boo.

So, I still don't know how much they want for one, and I'm no closer to having one should it be a reasonable price.

Where can we order these badboys online? I'd like to try one.
-Chris
91SS 4EAT stock
91SS 5MT awaiting engine rebuild and VF36...
92SS 4EAT - RIP :(
94SS 5MT4.11+rLSD 289k km: RobTune550,TD05-16g @ 18psi,FMIC,3"TBE,Forester lift
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

free5ty1e wrote:a quick Google search on the turbologic mbc revealed their website (turbologic.com) and I thought, "Hey great, I can order one online!" but then after reading up on the greatness of the MBC I discovered you've got to find a retailer which carries the product. Can't order directly from the company. Forced middleman. Boo.

So, I still don't know how much they want for one, and I'm no closer to having one should it be a reasonable price.

Where can we order these badboys online? I'd like to try one.
did you click the purchase button on the mainpage?

it links to the vendors. on which innovative tuning is listed.
96 Impreza L sedan
00 Impreza RS sedan
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

so is this thing from turbo logic any better than other MBCs?
96 Impreza L sedan
00 Impreza RS sedan