The "New" LC Decal Thread...DECALS FINISHED

Discussion of any community projects, meetings and collaborative projects.

Moderator: Moderators

SLODRIVE
Third Gear

Post by SLODRIVE »

Well, I think I can take a hint...
http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=39186

So much for a "community project". Thanks to everyone who contributed, and enjoy your decals.
firstgenwagon
In Neutral

Post by firstgenwagon »

Didn't mean any disrespect, I just wanted to go with a simpler design I could fit in the blacked out part of my rear windows. It would have cost me the same to get one in each color done as it would have for me to get multiples in each color, so I opted for the later and wanted to share the rest with the forum. I didn't want to usurp this idea, at most just give people an option when choosing
253.Asmo
First Gear

Post by 253.Asmo »

I like simplicity myself, much more a fan of simple outlines and text, but here's a very very ROUGH line drawing I did for kicks. This is simply in a concept stage, no direction yet.

Don't know where I'm headed with it yet, or if I even like the idea, but just an example of another look we can look at (no pun intended :) )

Will bring more to the table soon, busy with work, turbo swap and drinking.

SLO, don't despair, I think this community still most definitely needs its' own graphic identity, more so than a simple lettered decal! :)

Matt
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

maybe a play on how simplistic the 1991-1994 SS's are would be cool. Like a side profile of a super simplistic, sort of caricature of the SS body. I'll work on it :P

Maybe people could stop talking and submit graphics, and leave it up to the powers that be to decide.
1992 T-Leg = 195whp 197wtq SOLD :(
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
SLODRIVE
Third Gear

Post by SLODRIVE »

firstgenwagon wrote:Didn't mean any disrespect, I just wanted to go with a simpler design I could fit in the blacked out part of my rear windows. It would have cost me the same to get one in each color done as it would have for me to get multiples in each color, so I opted for the later and wanted to share the rest with the forum. I didn't want to usurp this idea, at most just give people an option when choosing
It's cool, no disrespect taken...after all, we're in a free market, right? I'll admit I wasn't sure how to take that other thread, but I can see where you're coming from.

Just so it can be said, I'm not trying to make a buck here, I just wanted to see if we, as a forum, could come up with a cool logo that people wouldn't mind on their Leggies. If everyone's happy with the lettering already for sale, so be it, although I do feel a bit silly, lol. If there's still interest for something else, let's keep this thread going. I know there's at least one or two folks who want to submit designs, and I'm interested to see them.

EDIT: 253.Asmo, nice drawing so far. Let us know where you're going with that.
http://www.slodriveracing.com
-92 SS 5MT- EJ20H swap, Haltech standalone ECU, TD04, FXT TMIC, 3" exhaust, STi/AGX struts, JDM 5-speed, 4.111 LSD rear, Blitz EBC, etc.
-'93 L Wagon - Pink Roll Cage - "Dirty Leg"
-And more!
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

beatersubi wrote:If the top and bottom rows were shifted so that the 'bbs.' could fit in front and the '.org' could fit behind the text, the oval could be made smaller, and the text would better fill it. There's a lot of air space inside the oval.
Otherwise, looks great. Simple, subtle, easy.
Agreed.

I'm wanting something small enough that I can put in my very back window, you know the little triangular one. And something like this could be small and concise. I like the simplicity of the simple background. The oval still carries the 'Subaru' feel.

I also like the line drawing/side profile. Let's see where this goes.
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

suggestions...

1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Nice work. I like the jab at naioc. I think that one would be the best w/o the nasioc bit and w/ normal font, rather than bold. And maybe w/ the bbs. in front.
However, you've been beaten to the punch: http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=39186
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

beatersubi wrote: However, you've been beaten to the punch
well yeah i guess. But it'd be nice for there to be a legitimate legacy central sticker, not a bunch of random variants. Thats what this thread is supposed to be about...

This is what SHOULD be happening:

1. The moderators of this board, or maybe just Dave, should set out the parameters for the sticker.

2. People can then submit their designs and after a month or so, Dave (or the moderators) could decide on a specific design and either have SLODRIVE, or someone else produce them.

Soooooooo.... Yeah. Not everyone will be totally stoked on the design, but hey thats impossible. It needs to be up to the powers that be to make the decision. Otherwise ppl will just keep deciding what they think looks best and all those variants that I spoke of earlier will continue to multiply.
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

^Capitalism vs. Fascism.
I propose(d) a slightly more democratic version of your plan whereby a submissions from participating members would be voted upon by the board as to which one to produce.
However, being a capitalist community, were one to circumvent the popular method and sell a product which is marketable enough, the previously popular method goes right out the window. The producer should be applauded for his bussiness savy? And as for me, well...

I'm an asshole.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

^^Yes, you've figured me out. I am a Sticker Fascist....
beatersubi wrote:^Capitalism vs. Fascism.
submissions from participating members would be voted upon by the board as to which one to produce.
Who is on this board, and who has the power to appoint a user as a board member? Also, are there background checks?

I was simply being realistic, my interest is getting a quality decal printed so we can all enjoy being a little more "part of the community".

Where is this animosity coming from?

edit: YUCK! beatersubi, seriously. You think I was taking a stab at you? Give me a break. This isn't NASIOC or I-Club, you, and I aren't blathering imbeciles. There is nothing to argue about, there is no need for aggression. Being considerate, respectful, and helpful is what distinguishes legacycentral.org from all those other bullshit online forums (granted there are some good ppl on other forums).
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

I apologize if that came off as aggresive and/or directed at you. I was simply trying to point out that our efforts have been thwarted by the power of capitalism and that in your plan the final decision would be left to a moderater whereas I thought it would've been better to let the people decide.
But that all moot now.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Listen guys, I've talked this over with Dave and for what it's worth, we don't currently have a specific design for the lettering, etc. The name bbs.legacycentral.org is not copywrited, so anyone can make a sticker.

As for an "official" sticker/decal, I can't really speak on that ground. Because everyone likes something different, I don't know if it's worth the hassle of either the admins or the members voting on a sticker design. Someone isn't going to like it.

If we had an image along with the name, that might be different, but we don't. Dave or I don't have any problems with Greg pursuing the stickers he has proposed in this thread. Whether they will become the "official" sticker, I can't answer that.

Everyone needs to take a chill pill, if you like the stickers Greg is putting together, great, buy one. If you like someone elses, buy theirs, and if you don't like either, make your own, or shut up about it.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
SLODRIVE
Third Gear

Post by SLODRIVE »

^^^And there's the official word on the matter.

I can live with that...I started this thread, so I might as well see it through. Let's let this go for another week or so, and then I'll start a poll so we can decide on what to make.

I promise they'll be really cheap for what they are, but if there's enough interest/cash/etc. I might be able to make "more than one" design. We'll see.

-Greg
-92 SS 5MT- EJ20H swap, Haltech standalone ECU, TD04, FXT TMIC, 3" exhaust, STi/AGX struts, JDM 5-speed, 4.111 LSD rear, Blitz EBC, etc.
-And more!
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

Legacy777 wrote:or shut up about it.
now I'm sad because you snapped at me :(

Haha. However it turns out I'm down to buy a few stickers.
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
SLODRIVE
Third Gear

Post by SLODRIVE »

Cripes...I've been spending so much time with the Legacy that I kinda forgot about these.

Here's my final design. It will be on a clear background.
I'm going to print off one of these designs soon...input?
-And more!
Brumby
In Neutral

Post by Brumby »

SLODRIVE wrote:Cripes...I've been spending so much time with the Legacy that I kinda forgot about these.

Here's my final design. It will be on a clear background.
I'm going to print off one of these designs soon...input?
Input= I like it. Actually, Imprezive put it better than I could:
Imprezive wrote:my interest is getting a quality decal printed so we can all enjoy being a little more "part of the community".
So, yea. And the oval does keep with the look of Subaru, especially if it's in a simple color, like white. So, all in all it looks good (I'm too lazy to open photochop) and keep up the good work :D
'93 BC Legacy L 2WD 5MT NA (Daily Driver) awaiting AWD swap
Sitting pretty on 205/55R16 WRX rims
'88 F150 Long Bed 2WD 5MT (Beater parts grabber)
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

Now that I like.

Very simple, not too flashy, and still has the look of a Subaru (with the oval that is). Carries the point of being a BBS sticker but doesn't blatently blare out at you. Made small enough to easily fit in the rear 1/4 windows (the little triangles found on the sedans) I would definately be down.

Please keep us posted.
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Thats exactly what I had in mind the whole time. It has my vote for the 'official' LC decal.
Saskatoon Subaru
Second Gear

Post by Saskatoon Subaru »

where are we at with these?
2010 Impreza WRX - 265hp

1990 Legacy 267,000km(Rebuild complete 265,423km----March 9/2008)

1991 Legacy Turbo 180,000km
SLODRIVE
Third Gear

Post by SLODRIVE »

We're currently in production, I should have stickers in hand this week.
-And more!
Saskatoon Subaru
Second Gear

Post by Saskatoon Subaru »

good to hear, what kinda prices we looking at, and how many avaliable ?
2010 Impreza WRX - 265hp

1990 Legacy 267,000km(Rebuild complete 265,423km----March 9/2008)

1991 Legacy Turbo 180,000km
cartwheels
Second Gear

Post by cartwheels »

Epic, I'll be taking one of these when they're all set! Good job on the simplicity, that design looks perfect!
1994 Legacy TW
1993 Geo Tracker
1991 Legacy SS (finally got one!)
SLODRIVE
Third Gear

Post by SLODRIVE »

There will me more than enough decals for whoever wants them, and they'll be crazy cheap.
Nothing to worry about as far as those aspects are concerned. :D
-And more!
SLODRIVE
Third Gear

Post by SLODRIVE »

They're all done...I mounted the first pair on my wife's car as soon as she brought them home. Whaddya think?
-And more!